Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Question on Rolex DateJust II

Mik

Hi All!

Friday is over and I think I’m gonna spend some $$$, but I Need help from the rollie experts on the forum.

I like this Datejust II. Owned a similar Gen, some years ago, but ended up trading it.

Now it seems that there are a few versions (or not) being sold.

This:

http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=7754

And this:

http://puretimewatch.com/shop/product/date...l-oyster-a2836/

The price difference is huge. Are there faults in one, corrected on the other (that claims to be ultimate) or its just marketing and I should opt for the cheaper?

Thank you!!

KBH
The price difference is huge. Are there faults in one, corrected on the other (that claims to be ultimate) or its just marketing and I should opt for the cheaper?

Thank you!!

Do you really consider $30 a huge difference?

Timeshops is almost always cheaper than most other dealers. Especially on watches from the "alleged" Noobfactory.

Without doing any serious comparisons I'd say they are likely to be of identical quality.

Mik
Do you really consider $30 a huge difference?

Timeshops is almost always cheaper than most other dealers. Especially on watches from the "alleged" Noobfactory.

Without doing any serious comparisons I'd say they are likely to be of identical quality.

Thanks, KBH.

I think that (for the same movement) the dif is around 35% ($158 vs $238). But I might be comparing wrong things.

Anyway, thank you for helping.

KBH

Maybe PT lowered the price. What I saw on your 2 links was $158 and $188. They were both clone 2836-2 movements.

Stormcrow

I purchased this DJII a few days ago, EMS so should have it soon.

Don't know much about watches, so can't comment, but will put up a picture review when I get it.

Del
Maybe PT lowered the price. What I saw on your 2 links was $158 and $188. They were both clone 2836-2 movements.

I agree with KBH - only $30 price difference.

I've used TS a lot so would recommend you go with them - they will almost certainly be the same watch in any case :lol:.

NFleischer

Agree- most likely same watch. For, its $158 hard to go wrong

Stormcrow

I just remembered timeshop have it listed as a promotion here on the forum so that's probably why there is a price difference.

tissotman

seems a good price to me

MikeMcNair

i like that PT gives you the option for a gen swiss eta, but honestly, i would just pick up the TS one, they are the EXACT same watch, and you can save a few bux. win win.

nice choice BTW, that's a sharp looking watch.