Sign in to follow this  
wobbly

Which dealer to shop with...

wobbly

While I'm new here, just a 20 or so posts, I've done quite a bit of due diligence -- checked dealers sites, read other's posts, etc. Thought long/hard about whom to shop with vs. not.

I'd be interested to hear more actual shopping stories (present tense) while the process is underway.

I purchased from Trusty Time before the IP change. The entire process took 10 days. In fact, the watch was in US customs within 7 days.

I had product QC shots within 24 hours. Plenty of contact from Andrew throughout - and even asked a question after I received the watch - to which he answered within an hour. Pretty impressive and a very solid watch. Not one complaint here.

On the other hand, I placed an order with Replicamake this last week. At day 7, no QC shots, and only an email -- on day 3 -- that said the money was received. This was not Paypal -- it was a CC. Site indicates it's an order "still pending." No word from Lay. All quiet. Now, when I've emailed him, them, I get a quick response. Nice. Still - one wonders, if all of the goods from the majority of dealers are drop shipped -- and I'm gathering they are -- the time delays should be equal, give or take, if the process is much the same. Side note: Lovely if dealers can update their sites more often with regard to "out of stock" items.

Conclusion? I don't have one. I'm a business owner -- web based in the US -- 13 years running. I know what it takes to run a mid-size site. At this point, I'm just watching, curiously, patiently, wondering how the sellers processes work. No condemnation, just, well, curiousness and a little head scratch'n.

Your thoughts?

Cynikal.Mindset

I've ordered from Lay 2 times (1 before CNY and once after) both times watches were on my wrist within 10 business days. The first time I didnt get the QC emails from him as hotmail completely blocks his email address for some reason so I switched to gmail and I got QC images within hours of payment. I use paypal to pay on Replicamake and its always process promptly.

If you want to know stock before ordering just send them an email asking so it saves frustration after the fact.

I choose a dealer based on what I want, if they have it and price...price being last cuz I'd rather pay a bit more and get the service I want then pay a little and just get something without seeing it first

Del

You can read a lot of feedback on our Trusted Dealers in their own specific feedback sections - that should give you a good view of what members think about each dealer :thumbsup2:

Luthier

I know for sure, that Robert and Mary are not a dropshippers, but Josh and Andrew are.

Not sure about other dealers.

SteveR123

I've had good experiences with Lay, ReplicaMake, Jee at Silix, Mary at Watch International, BK, AceTime, among other trusted on other forums. These are good dealers for noob's to start with, of which I am one also(noob that is, not dealer.) There is a ton of info in this forum, take some time and familiarize yourself with what's available to help you become a better informed rep watch hobbyist, good luck!

P.s. If I were to recommend a dealer for my first purchase it would probably be ReplicaMake. Just email to confirm inventory before placing your order.

SteveR123

A good point to make is always email, or pm, the dealer regarding inventory before sending money. Even though that's no guarantee they won't take your money then go out looking for the watch to supply you. I' m in a similar situation right now, I checked with a bunch of dealers for a particular watch, all were out of stock except one...so I placed my order and have a funny feeling that dealer was out of stock the same as everyone else, as I'm still waiting for contact which normally happens fairly quickly. But I'm certainly not upset or worried, I'll get the watch as soon as they are resupplied, of this I have no doubt. Patience is a very important part of this hobby, sometimes a transaction can take months to complete, most though, I think I'd be fair to say are probably complete within 2-3 weeks, order to delivery.

Hth

wat44

the only issue with cartel dealers that Im aware of is price

wobbly

Top notch feedback, guys!

Most appreciated.

Wobbly