Sign in to follow this  
Takken

The overall quality of rep's?

Takken

Hi there folks,

I'm new to this forum, I have been lurking around the web for some time looking at forums like this.

When I found this place I decided to join, just because it seemed to actually be some serious players around here - thats thumbs up.

I have been wanting to buy myself a genuine Tag Heuer for the last 2 years but I never had the cash to realize this dream (still in denial here...)

The main concern I have buying replicas is that I want to actually have a watch that last a couple of years. I'm not expecting miracles but If I use let's say 2-300$ on a genuine watch, just an example: Seiko or something that I already have, they last...

My questions are perhaps not the best but I'll take the risk.

1a. What can I expect from the quality of metal (steel) in these replicas

1b. Is there any records of rep's being like painted to look like steel and underneath only cheap metal of some strange type?

2. What quality is the glass made of on these watches. Are they actually scratch-resident?

3. Is the weight of the autentic watch taken in mind when these are made, do they feel like the real thing (almost at least, please)

4a. Under what conditions are these watches made?

4b. I'm thinking of typical things to not want, like fingerprints underneath the glass/dial, hairs, fabric etc.

5. Do all the function on the replicas works as in the genuine watch?

I'm thinking in ways of Chrono's, Alarm clocks, stopwatch function etc. Are they water-resistant like down to 100 meters, 200 meters and so on?

If possible to share some experience on where to buy a nice Tag Heuer that will both look good and operate well I say thank, yes please.

Finally, excuse my poor English. And thanks for a great forum.

Best regards

Edited by Takken

onzenuub

1a. stainless steel it is

1b. nope, not from the trusted dealers

2.yes and no, depends on what watch and what chrystal

3. yep

4.a under the best conditions where counterfeit watches can be made

4.b only sometimes a lost pubic

5 yes and no not water resistant

Read:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showtopic=601

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=11

alw

Hi, and welcome!

My amateur answers are as follows. The experts here will give more definite answers:

1a. My experience says they are made of proper steel.

1b. Not that I know of.

2. You have a choice of mineral glass or sapphire, mostly. Sapphire is scratch resistant.

3. Yes they do.

4a. Sweatshops, I should imagine? Although building fine replicas requires considerable machinery.

4b. Yes, you can find dirt in the movements, unfortunately.

5. Almost always (chronos). You can learn about that on the dealers´ sites. Not water-resistant though.

snpr9696

While I am no means an expert I do own a few reps. The steel on a watch costing $100 and up is usually 316 which is what most high end watch companies use. Titanium is also used. Most rep factories are also DLC coating and gold wrapping. Most of these are holding up and they pretty much have it down.

The functions are working on chronos with 7750 movements. Most of the GMT models have the proper working hands. Date wheel positioning has been an issue on most Rolex replica but nothing to turn you away. Some dealers like BK will install his own date wheel over lay in the watch you purchase. Renault alignment was the other issue but once again nothing to scare you off.

I have never found any smudges or fingerprints on the crystals

Crystals are either mineral or sapphire and some have AR Coatings. Some are close to Swiss standards others tend to be too bluish in nature. Movements for the most part are reliable.

Weight is good my Breitling is a tank and finished superbly as are my others.

Do a search for super reps such as some of the Panerai models and Omegas. Tag aqua racer is thought to be extremely close but most reps are there now too.

Reps for the most part do not like water so be careful or have it tested first.

These reps are not the NYC Canal street knockoffs your most likely thinking of. You will be happy so jump in the pool. It's addicting.

pollux1

Tonight my brother was wearing my Breitling Montbrillant Legende and I was wearing my gen Navitimer world GMT, we both agreed that the Legende looked as good as the gen in looks feel weight and function.

gtwc
While I am no means an expert I do own a few reps. The steel on a watch costing $100 and up is usually 316 which is what most high end watch companies use. Titanium is also used. Most rep factories are also DLC coating and gold wrapping. Most of these are holding up and they pretty much have it down.

The functions are working on chronos with 7750 movements. Most of the GMT models have the proper working hands. Date wheel positioning has been an issue on most Rolex replica but nothing to turn you away. Some dealers like BK will install his own date wheel over lay in the watch you purchase. Renault alignment was the other issue but once again nothing to scare you off.

I have never found any smudges or fingerprints on the crystals

Crystals are either mineral or sapphire and some have AR Coatings. Some are close to Swiss standards others tend to be too bluish in nature. Movements for the most part are reliable.

Weight is good my Breitling is a tank and finished superbly as are my others.

Do a search for super reps such as some of the Panerai models and Omegas. Tag aqua racer is thought to be extremely close but most reps are there now too.

Reps for the most part do not like water so be careful or have it tested first.

These reps are not the NYC Canal street knockoffs your most likely thinking of. You will be happy so jump in the pool. It's addicting.

Please advise exactly which rep factories are DLC'ing as opposed to thin PVD'ing.........

Cynikal.Mindset

slix sells some cheaper reps that are plated brass and not stainless steel but of course he lists them accordingly

Ska

Rep 'factories' are a very fluid concept. You have to ask the dealers for DLC coated watches as the factories swap and change regularly

KeNnY

I never though that reps can be this good how they are ! My first rep was shity chrome Breitling from one Chinese seller from Prague, and it cost 50€..... HORRIBLE ! Here the reps quality is amazing, you can get Stainless steel construction, and much much better movement for reasonable price.

pollux1

Another example is my uPO, I bought it in 2006 and had it serviced a year later. The watch runs 4 seconds a day fast which is within COSC time and lloks as good as it did when new. Most reps are a no brainer TBH.

onzenuub
Another example is my uPO, I bought it in 2006 and had it serviced a year later. The watch runs 4 seconds a day fast which is within COSC time and lloks as good as it did when new. Most reps are a no brainer TBH.

So every day your day ends 4 seconds earlier??

Del

To answer your main question, the overall quality of reps is fantastic. Check out the dealer feedback and watch review sections to read reports from members on their actual watches, normally accompanied by good close-up photos.

You'll be blown away :whiteflag:.

jdoe
Hi there folks,

3. Is the weight of the autentic watch taken in mind when these are made, do they feel like the real thing (almost at least, please)

Best regards

"Gold" watches would be difficult to get the right weight on:

Gold weighs in at 19.320g/cm3 and is now about $1,430

Uranium weighs in at 19.320g/cm3 and is now about $150/kg (Oxide). Hear some rumours about certain "issues"

Plutonium weighs in at 19.840g/cm3, however I didn't obtain a price quote

Platinum weighs in at 21.450g/cm3 and now about is $1,780

Tungsten weighs in at 19.300g/cm3 and is now about $40 per kg, but can be difficult to work with but is probably the only viable option with a gold plating. Now I don't know if you'll find anyone that uses it, and a scratch test would anyway show it to be fake (way too hard). Must be very pure to avoid brittleness, hence how do you do 18K gold density?

Iridium weighs in at 22.420g/cm3 and now about is $1,075 (Hard and brittle)

Osmium weighs in at 22.570g/cm3 and now about is $400 (Hard and brittle)

Steel weighs in at 8g/cm3 and is $CHEAP, easy to work and takes a nice gold plating without problem, but will not weigh like a gold watch.

Conclusion for me is don't buy gold replicas

Edited by jdoe

Dendo

:lol:

To answer your main question, the overall quality of reps is fantastic. Check out the dealer feedback and watch review sections to read reports from members on their actual watches, normally accompanied by good close-up photos.

You'll be blown away :lol:.

+1.

Just what I was going to post. Buy some reps from trusted dealers and enjoy. The quality I am seeing now is mind boggling. Accuracy amazing. Comparable to gens. But you do get the occasional bad one that you need to put down to experience.