Sign in to follow this  
Genius

Day-Date Quick-set trick - Thanks ROLIE!

Genius

I've got a watch with a slightly iffy quickset, basically the date would quick-set perfectly every time but I could never get the day to quickset, I'd bought the watch like this so wasn't too fussed really but still thought I'd ask ROLIE about it when I saw him at the GTG....

I passed him the watch and he had a quick look no removing the caseback or nothing but 30 seconds later passed it back to me and said try now...... It bloody worked! So I'm gonna share the little trick he showed me:

1. Start off with the watch with a bit of charge in the spring so either wear it or give it a couple of winds (this ones an A7750 so bloody gentle winds)
  2. advance the hours over passed midnight so the day and date jump over manually (this puts the lever in the right position or something like that not gonna pretend to understand fully)
  3. Advance the time to 6am
  4. move the crown to the date setting position and as if by magic it works!

Honestly fuck knows how the wizardry works or if it will work with other movements but it certainly worked on my day-date 7750 so guess it will work with others too?

Big thanks to ROLIE for a nice (and free) fix for my watch... I can think of a certain finnish tech who would have swapped a movement out for less

And here's a pic of the watch now showing the correct day and date!

FIvhpjR.jpg

splke

shame its not aligned properly though lad

:P