Sign in to follow this  
powderfreak

HELP! Omega Seamaster Professional Diver / others

powderfreak

Hey forum,

after wearing my first rep (Omega Seamaster Pro Diver) for some weeks, I' ve ordered another (Speedmaster) and it seems as if I'm already addicted :) Now that I spend a lot of time on rwg, I got to know most of the flaws my Seamaster Professional has and it turns out I want another, better rep of that watch. The old one will be a present for my dad, he doesn't care about the flaws ;)

My experience so far:

- dealing with forum-people is very relaxed

- resizing the bracelet is hard work (without the right tools...)

- Asian 21J aren't very exact, mine gains about 45 secs a day

- the watch itself looks nice, that's why I want another one

- it has quite a few flaws: HE valve at 10, bezel misaligned, pearl, datewheel...

- I am not certain about the quality of the glas, but it certainly isn't sapphire

Now to the pics, since you should know what I'm talking about:

The watch...

imgp3474.jpg

horrible bezel, datewheel wrong, off-centered:

imgp3478cut.jpg

pearl:

imgp3479cut.jpg

caseback seems ok, you don't see it often anyways:

imgp3481a.jpg

HE valve:

imgp3484v.jpg

Now to my questions:

- Is there any good rep of the black dial version at all? I've seen some blue dial versions with ETA (clone?), they should be around $270...

- What type of movement should I look for? As far as I found out, the ETA clone should be okay for me, but I really wanna know what you think.

- How about AR coatings and sapphire? Is there any good factory-AR-caoting for this Omega at all (I think the gen doesn't really have one, at least not a good one...)?

- Apart from that version, what else could I consider? The chrono-version seems to be very accurate and the UPOs are also quite famous. I try to get exactly what I want, but if that's not possible I'm happy to consider some alternatives.

PS: I know, the pics are horrible...

Ped

I hear there's an amazing GMT version of this for sale in the members sales forum, get that, pretend you are a pilot and that the bezel is required for (muff) diving and let the games begin......

powderfreak
I hear there's an amazing GMT version of this for sale in the members sales forum, get that, pretend you are a pilot and that the bezel is required for (muff) diving and let the games begin......

Haha mate, I heard the same... well, to be honest: Hot watch! But for now a little to expensive, sorry, Even if it were USD! But GBP? :)

(But if you consider selling it for 300€ plus my SMP rep and a GEN Casio Chrono, just get in touch :))

Akira

Just buy a PO

Balad1

Funny thing is that is the watch that got me into reps and I've never worn the one I own. Have you tried the Rolex DSSD? I like the feel of a bigger watch and after wearing it or a 47mm Pam the Omega feels way too small. LOL, go figure.

PS: Arika is correct, also consider the larger Omega Planet Ocean. I own one and if wears well and isn't quite as large (tall) as the DSSD.

Edited by Balad1

powderfreak

Thx for your suggestions, yes, I already considered the PO and I know I have to buy BK's DSSD one day. Still, I dream of a good replacement for my SMP, but seems as if there is no really good (black) version...

Well, which UPO's are worth a closer look? Seems as if there are several different:

MReplica's PO

Watchinternationl's PO

Silix's PO

So, what's the best :facepalm:?

Takken

Is there any known good rep's of these Seamaster's at all?

kolchak

I think the silix & watch international are the same but I'm certainly not a rep expert and hope someone else chimes in. After wearing Reg's PO a few times I flat out fell in love with Omega & now NEED a much higher end rep or a used gen. I'll probably get MR's unless I find a smokin deal on a used gen.

powderfreak
I'll probably get MR's unless I find a smokin deal on a used gen.

So you believe that's the best version? If so, why?

Slim
Just buy a PO

Yes, but wait for a rep of the new PO, Omega have taken some styling cues from Rolex and it's very nice IMO

POLEX.jpg

powderfreak
Just buy a PO

Yes, but wait for a rep of the new PO, Omega have taken some styling cues from Rolex and it's very nice IMO

POLEX.jpg

Wow, that one looks great (but quite close to a RLX ^^)! But it will take time to get a decent rep of it, I assume. Maybe a UPO from one of our dealers is the better solution... or should I really go for BK and his Subs/DSSDs..? Man, it's hard to decide :kinkythegayviking:

Ska
:kinkythegayviking: that PO is hilarious. Powdefreak mate - it's a joke

powderfreak
that PO is hilarious. Powdefreak mate - it's a joke

Yep, did some research in the meantime, I see, Slim fooled me... but still, I would consider such a watch^^

GC
Just buy a PO

POLEX.jpg

:thumbsup2:

powderfreak

Yeah, you fooled me, back to the topic now :thumbsup2:

Which UPO? Tell me...