Sign in to follow this  
JVK

AP RO Queen Elizabeth II Cup 2011

JVK

I got an AP ROO Divers from Robert a while ago and I must say the design has really grown on me.

Having downloaded AP's app for the iPad, I stumbled upon this special edition, released a couple weeks ago. I just love it.

audemarspiguetqeiicup20.jpg

000850-001.772.jpg

I was on the verge of pulling the trigger on an AP ROO on SS bracelet and with secs @ 9 from Mary, but now I'm thinking of getting a classic Royal Oak with grey dial (not the jumbo version), and throwing it on an ABP custom strap that will be almost an exact copy of the one in the picture (already sent them a mail).

What do you guys reckon?

Any input would be really appreciated. :giggle:

Edited by JVK

Del

I like that a lot - looks very dressy and expensive with the silver face. I even like the silver strap - very different to the norm!

As far as your suggestion about buying a classic Royal Oak and putting a custom strap on it, I guess it depends what it'll look like all together but if it looks very similar to the photo above it should be great, although not exactly like the gen - which may or may not bother you :wub:.

solkryssare

Looks stunning! Love the non chrono AP's

Baldrick

The standard AP RO is a lovely watch, if they released a rep of this, I'd do the same, with an APB band, just remember that the band is likely to cost as much if not more than the rep watch, but it would make a lovely combo.

I had this MBK version from a dealer about 4 years ago, unfortunately it wasn't available with the silver dial, I wish I had put it on a good strap and deployant, eventually sold it, but regret it now.

APRoyalOak1.jpg

APRoyalOak4.jpg

APRoyalOak5.jpg

The other watch I regret selling was the Vacheron et Constantin Overseas, which would also look good in white dial on strap :wub:

213.jpg

213A.jpg

213D.jpg

213E.jpg

JVK

Thanks for the input guys! ;)

Indeed, ABP bands are expensive but they're one of the finest makers out there -- my Dad has bought from them lots of times. I'm expecting to pay something like 400 - 500 Euro for this band in particular, if not more.

As for the RO itself, this is the one I am thinking of getting now: LINK. Make sure you click on it twice.

I think there are other versions out there (mainly of the Jumbo) but they all have a display caseback which looks nothing like the gen, so I rather get a solid caseback. After all, it's not about copying the gen but putting together a watch that will resemble its aesthetics. :boobies:

Edited by JVK

jameo210369

I think she is stunning JVK, how much?

First time I have seen a link to Trusty Time for some years.

JVK
I think she is stunning JVK, how much?

First time I have seen a link to Trusty Time for some years.

The gen? No idea. Only 100 pieces will be made, though.

The RO with grey dial costs about 250 USD.

And yeh, I'll ask Mary to source it for me. I used TT's site because I couldn't find that model listed anywhere else. :boobies:

Edited by JVK