Sign in to follow this  
FlyingSpur

RWG Watch

sogeha

Ooh a banjo wall clock that plays on the hour for all the members. I knew Greg would come round in the end. I'm in

FlyingSpur

I am in for a new project on an RWG watch, who too?

Me too...

greg_r

Me too...

Onze was joking. Not going to happen. Period. End of conversation.

elp

I don't think the boss will take kindly to any more jokes on this subject based on prior shitstorm ....

RepGuy

Me too...

You can't stop me from making my own RWG watch with a Sharpie marker and a junk dial :lol:

greg_r

Me too...

You can't stop me from making my own RWG watch with a Sharpie marker and a junk dial :lol:

Nope, but I can prevent you trying to sell it on here ;)

onzenuub

Me too...

:Whistle: Maybe thread should be closed before another whining cunt appears. :rodl:

deju

Me too...

:Whistle: Maybe thread should be closed before another whining cunt appears. :rodl:

Too late I think we are all here... :lmao:

greg_r

I don't think the boss will take kindly to any more jokes on this subject based on prior shitstorm ....

It was indeed a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I was talked into allowing it against better judgement (having seen these things go south before) but at least made a point of putting various protections in place (i.e. no prior payments/deposts). Thank God I did, or lots of people would have been out of pocket (which is what killed the original RWG). Didn't prevent it from being a fucking nightmare, though. Never again.

Me too...

Too late I think we are all here... :lmao:

LMAO - that was my first thought too :rofl:

BigBuys

Thread officially closed.

BadPickle

Me too...

Nope, but I can prevent you being a member on here ;)

FUXED that for you boss :P

sogeha

Can't be closed yet. No goats

10:10 Watch Repair

I never got mine either, but I have seen both colors and repaired the first two.

There are grades of 7750 movements, without specifying which one, the factory will choose... well... you get the idea.

It's hard to prototype and make a watch, especially with a Chinese factory who won't look out for your best interests. So, at least for the two I saw, they left a bit to be desired.

Solk's other designs are even better (if you ask me.) As I recall he wasn't too happy with some changes made to this design.

Hey, for old times sake, why don't we bring back the RWG watch banner?

NCRich

Or not.

myaz

from memory there wasn't a "0"

Maybe the prototype had a "0"??! I could have sworn Luth posted a pic showing that number. Memory??

Screw it, leaves me no choice but to plead Mad Cow disease. :P

Mr Stubbs

from memory there wasn't a "0"

Maybe the prototype had a "0"??! I could have sworn Luth posted a pic showing that number. Memory??

Screw it, leaves me no choice but to plead Mad Cow disease. :P

From Luthier's serial number list http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

RWG Watch Serial Numbers.

000. Luthier - blue

001. Greg - blue

002. Greg - black

003. Col. - blue

004. Tits - black

005. Oscarmadfish - blue

006. Amit - black

007. Kink - blue

008. Serge D - black

009. Luthier - black

010. CLS - blue

011. NCRich - blue

012. HWG - black

013. Del - black

014. Corv – blue

015.Wiz - blue

016.Wiz - black

017. Balad - black

018. RichardMiami - black

019. Serge D - blue

020. Crossbones - black

...but who knows what happened when it all went sideways. :unsure:

ShovelnTC

It could have been something really good, but luthier had a hissy-fit with Greg about a non related matter, left the forum and vowed never to return, then deleted his photobucket account so no more pics from him.

And there's been quite a few hissy-fits in here since, sometimes you would think this is a knitting society rather than a watch forum.

But it does ad to the entertainment value :)

RUSH2112

IMG_5111_zpso9pc5xqa.jpg

Bracelet is in a drawer in pieces as it is impossible to make worK. Put mine on a nice strap. I like the design other than the bracelet and it is a fun piece to talk about.

Just out of curiousity - what kind of strap did you choose?

I've been struggling with the bracelet since I got mine and want to change to a strap, but I cant really make up my mind what to go for.

Random leather strap in black

greg_r

Can't be closed yet. No goats

goat-popcorn.jpg

BadPickle

Anyone know what happened to them all?

Wriggles

Anyone know how many there actually are in the wild?

The watch I really like. However, if you ever tried to resize the bracelet..... I think they used superglue on every possible joint to make sure it stayed together. And the one at the Halifax GTG was mine. I'll leave you to figure out what colour and what number. It was also supposed to come with a special spanner to remove the bezel and caseback. However this didn't happen, so quite how to remove the bezel and crystal, I have no idea. Fortunately, the caseback can be opened with a normal case opening tool.

I have two :facepalm:

Unlike Luth, who turned out to be a childish toy-out-of-pram throwing cock, I had said I'd take two and I stick to my word, irrespective of how shit the whole thing had become.

I felt bad for Mary that she was left the steaming turd pile that was of Luth's making.

Would be interesting to find out how many actually took up their options and how many declined, there must be a bunch of them sitting in a box somewhere that Mary would sell if people wanted them, most likely newer members who are unaware of the background.

As to the bracelet, I found no problem resizing mine, however they rarely rarely ever get worn so it could fall apart in minutes for all I know.

They were also far too expensive considering the price was to include tools and a handmade (?) wooden box

greg_r

The watch I really like. However, if you ever tried to resize the bracelet..... I think they used superglue on every possible joint to make sure it stayed together. And the one at the Halifax GTG was mine. I'll leave you to figure out what colour and what number. It was also supposed to come with a special spanner to remove the bezel and caseback. However this didn't happen, so quite how to remove the bezel and crystal, I have no idea. Fortunately, the caseback can be opened with a normal case opening tool.

Unlike Luth, who turned out to be a childish toy-out-of-pram throwing cock, I had said I'd take two and I stick to my word, irrespective of how shit the whole thing had become.

I felt bad for Mary that she was left the steaming turd pile that was of Luth's making.

Would be interesting to find out how many actually took up their options and how many declined, there must be a bunch of them sitting in a box somewhere that Mary would sell if people wanted them, most likely newer members who are unaware of the background.

As to the bracelet, I found no problem resizing mine, however they rarely rarely ever get worn so it could fall apart in minutes for all I know.

They were also far too expensive considering the price was to include tools and a handmade (?) wooden box

Remember - it was WatchInternational (which at that time was being run by Rochest) who was supplying the watch - not Mary. Seems a small distinction, I know, but an important one.

Wriggles

Remember - it was WatchInternational (which at that time was being run by Rochest) who was supplying the watch - not Mary. Seems a small distinction, I know, but an important one.

True Greg, at the time of the RWG watch project inception it was Mary mainly running WI, but you are 1000% correct that during the interim months/years with the claps issues and when the sales eventually kicked off, that Rochest had pretty much taken over the running of WI (including the RWG watch sales & delivery) before that also went the same way as the RWG watch....

I forget that the newer members may mistake the comment and think it's Mary Watch.

Thang

It was a great design but poorly production managed, imo. I am sorry that the Boss and Admins had to go through headache tried to sort thing out.

I got the blue one but not the original number that I signed up for. It could be a great piece if it ended differently.

rusty peters

What about a meterorite dial?

No. Mother of Pearl dial with open heart. Payment sent.