P1290950.jpg

P1290949.jpg

P1290948.jpg

P1290951.jpg

:P !!!!!!

KeNnY

Nice watch, but please clear out your address !! :P

Balad1

Nice watch Mike, make sure you size it my wrist size. I'll be buying it when you get tired of it, lol.

PS: Did I remember you to say this is from Mary?

Cynikal.Mindset

Looks like it's from Josh or Andrew

MikeMcNair

ken, thanks for the advice, address cleared.

all: nope, you are all wrong as to whom it is from :P

its a secret :P

KeNnY

replica make ?

MikeMcNair
replica make ?

lol, NOPE.

seriously guys WHO could find me a watch that is long gone? perhaps NOT a trusted dealer here??????? hhhhhmmmmmmmm

MikeMcNair

also, new lume is ordered, tools ordered, and this is gonna get a gen dial and bezel :P once money provides, GEN MVMNT!!!

prestigewatchco

Shouldn't the dial have circular ring pattern on it or is it a different model from the SOSF

dialso.jpg

wat44

King

Del
Shouldn't the dial have circular ring pattern on it or is it a different model from the SOSF

As far as I can tell, this is the 2003 SuperOcean model which doesn't have the circular ring pattern.

It was updated in 2007 from a square dot second hand to red arrow, and then again in 2009 to a different face with outlined numbers and red "SuperOcean".

Mike - looks terrific :wub:

gB.

Nice pick up. Love that blue dial. Enjoy it often!

MikeMcNair

wat44, Connie is correct, and she has been great ;)

as for the dial: i think Del is right because i was looking for an OLD model (wasnt sure of the years etc.) so old in fact that every TD told me they couldn't get it, and that it was no longer made. so i had to really look for this one.

honestly, i wasn't even looking at details other than my criteria, which were as follows: 1) SHINY BLUE DIAL, 2) STEEL (heavy) watch, and 3) NUMBERS on dial, not "dots". this filled the criteria to a T. oh, and 4) gen eta mvmnt, which this has (although it is a 2824 as opposed to a 2836).

i honestly didnt care if it was very accurate to gen, i just wanted what i wanted. turns out there are differences (like the original old version of the gen is 42mm and this is 44) as well as some other "tells", but i didnt care, i just wanted what i was looking for. and frankly, i have NEVER SEEN a watch that fit my criteria in person, and doubt i ever will, so when i found this one, i was excited :)

found this, which is kinda confusing, but looks like there have been MANY different versions of this watch.........

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/breitling...elp-440220.html

Del

To be honest Mike, the fact that you have found exactly what you were looking for and are so exicted about it is the main thing in any case ;).

Nobody other than die-hard Breitling fans (or folk like us who research them) will know what model it is, what year it is, what bloody second hand it's supposed to have or if the number 1 on the bezel is the correct shape or not! :)

kolchak

the blue dial looks awesome - a 44mm ss breit in blue is def my next purchase since I cant find a suitable pan with blue dial. Thanks for providing link to family tree.

MikeMcNair
the blue dial looks awesome - a 44mm ss breit in blue is def my next purchase since I cant find a suitable pan with blue dial. Thanks for providing link to family tree.

no prob!! wait til you see the next pam i have (i am building it with a CUSTOM BLUE DIAL (similar color to that pictured above) because they dont make a pam that fits my needs ;)

del, you are 100% right, and thats why i jumped on this. the titanium one i had was AWESOME and fit every criteria but one: WEIGHT. it was light, real light. i just couldnt wear it.

so finding this made me so happy cause every SOSF or SOP or SO for that matter that i find does NOT have numbers 1-12 on the dial, but this (old version) does, so i was like WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!

now, if i had only known i would not be getting paid for a few weeks, i would likely have held off, but i bought this a while ago, and it took time to source. so its finally coming!!

also, i must say, CONNIE is really great to deal with IMHO. she sent more emails back and forth than anyone i have dealt with yet. she knew EXACTLY how to excede my expectations in every way.

i couldnt be happier (well, if it were already on my wrist i guess i would be happier :paddy_gold: )

MikeMcNair

upon closer look, it appears to be a 2007 SOSF case and bezel and bracelet with the 2002-3 "queen of the sea" dial and hands. basically, its a rep of a few gens, all crammed into one :paddy_gold:

which i am totally cool with, cause who the hell knows what years they were made and what hands came on what etc. the ONLY thing i would change about it is the "17390" on the caseback, because that is a late model SOSF serial #. but who the hell is gonna see that when its on my wrist ;)

Cynikal.Mindset

the arrow head seconds was a mid 2007 change just a little fyi

MikeMcNair

so what would this be ore of a combination of? cause it has a few cues from a few different versions, lol.

its a franken already!!! yay. :boobies:

Cynikal.Mindset

combination of superocean 2003 and steelfish

MikeMcNair
combination of superocean 2003 and steelfish

word, thanks.

MikeMcNair

i could buy a new seconds hand and paint it red, and have the right look .... for like 3-4 dollars......

86718all1.jpg

MikeMcNair

guys on RWG are all "that thing is not even close to gen, dial is wrong this is wrong that is wrong".... i'm like, yeah and?

lol, its what i wanted, i dont care if it looks real or not, i a not passing it off as a real watch. i am passing it off as a watch i like, and one that fits my tastes perfectly.

MikeMcNair

look at this reply from RWG, what a dick bag.......

are they like the snobs of the rep world over there or is it just me?

"You just joined..

Trust me you'll find a watch that fits your criteria. I honestly can't believe you've never seen a watch that fits your criteria... I can think of quite a few watches that would fit your criteria:

The Blue Superocean steelfish almost perfectly fits your criteria and looks way better than this. You're sure a gen dial will even fit this rep? Even more importantly.. How do you know a GEN bezel will fit this? It's a crap shoot, unless this Rep is a 1:1 version.

Skyland Avenger with blue dial would also fit your criteria

A breitling colt would fit your criteria

A Breitling seawolf fits your criteria

Not to sound condescending... but you know you can't just franken-ize Any watch you want? Looking at your Join date.. you look to be new to the watch game. Secondly... Dials for any breitling are hard to come by and bezels even harder.... Then the question arises whether it will fit the rep case....

sorry, I just don't want you to get your heart broken when you realize your rep is not indeed franken ready :popcorn: ...

p.s. our rep breitling bezels are Press Fitted with non functional screws. The gen bezels are held to the case with the bezel screws.

MikeMcNair

Bumping this to see if the other forum in usually this rude cause I just got another "that's not a good rep" post from another DB!!!! WTF!!!