Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

QC pix received.....

Balad1
look at this reply from RWG, what a dick bag.......

are they like the snobs of the rep world over there or is it just me?

"You just joined..

Trust me you'll find a watch that fits your criteria. I honestly can't believe you've never seen a watch that fits your criteria... I can think of quite a few watches that would fit your criteria:

The Blue Superocean steelfish almost perfectly fits your criteria and looks way better than this. You're sure a gen dial will even fit this rep? Even more importantly.. How do you know a GEN bezel will fit this? It's a crap shoot, unless this Rep is a 1:1 version.

Skyland Avenger with blue dial would also fit your criteria

A breitling colt would fit your criteria

A Breitling seawolf fits your criteria

Not to sound condescending... but you know you can't just franken-ize Any watch you want? Looking at your Join date.. you look to be new to the watch game. Secondly... Dials for any breitling are hard to come by and bezels even harder.... Then the question arises whether it will fit the rep case....

sorry, I just don't want you to get your heart broken when you realize your rep is not indeed franken ready :) ...

p.s. our rep breitling bezels are Press Fitted with non functional screws. The gen bezels are held to the case with the bezel screws.

I'm confused, did you mean RWG or another forum?

gB.

Think he means RWGjr

MikeMcNair
Think he means RWGjr

Rwgforum.com they suck

prestigewatchco

Actually Mike what he said is not far from the truth.

Granted he could have been nicer about it but if you had just spent money on a gen dial and bezel only to find it would go nowhere near the watch you would have been more than just upset.

I don't particularly like the forum to be honest but they do have some of the more experienced members most of which are only repeating what they have found out by their mistakes.

The watch you have bought maybe ideal for you but it could hardly be described as a super rep which basically was all the guy was saying

MikeMcNair

see robert, i was NOT LOOKING for a super rep, i found a watch i LOVED, and bought it. and the rest of the watches (including the super reps) are not what i like man. like, those SOSF are HOT, yes!! but, they have weird numbers (lines through the middle of them) and not ALL numbers.

i wanted a watch, that had a "anodized" looking BLUE dial, a 44mm case, numbers 1-12, and STEEL (cause the titanium SF i just sold wasnt cutting it weight wise, i needed heavier. and the blue was a little dull for my taste)

the watch was AWESOME, but still, the weight made it impossible for me to wear.

so, if i COULD fit gen pieces to the rep i bought, cool. if not, i'm am still happy as a pig in shit.

although, the watch case says A17390 (which is this..... http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_detai...marine_20.html)

BUT, #6, 7, 8 and 9 here makes me happy (#6 being the ABSOLUTE KING OF ALL WATCHES IN MY EYES)

(aside from the bands..... http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/breitling...elp-440220.html )

gB.

Mike - did this arrive to you yet? Interested in reading your opinion and verdict on this model/version once it's in your hands. :(

Luthier

Then what year is this rep.?

09-18.jpg

MikeMcNair

Luth, i am not too sure, but that is a REALLY nice watch!!! is that yours?

Big, i just got it yesterday, and have had it on since it arrived!! i LOVE IT!!!! perfect size, good weight, the bracelet is a pain in the ass to adjust (as all breiting bracelets do) heeps GREAT time so far without a single adjustment, and is plain awesome. the blue is amazing in person, it shines so well!!

the AR has that blue tint to it that i LOVE (gen looking or not, i don't know). the bezel was loose a little, so i popped it off, asjusted the spring, and popped her right back on with no issues (well, its a hair off i.e. not parallel, but once i feel like it i will adjust that. im not worried about it.)

as for the service, it was insane, i am shocked how well the communication was. and as you can tell from time of QC pix to my wrist was only about a week or so.

i am very pleased!!! OH, and the lume is cool as SHIT!!!!! i love the fact that allllllllll the numbers are lumed. it makes it awesome to read at night, and is very surprising for a rep. in pix it does not look as bright as my DSSD, but i assure you in real life it is as bright, if not brighter!!!! i was shocked!!!

in fact, the lume is so good, i don't have the want or need to relum it.

here are a few pix, i will definitely get more asap.... (sorry for poor quality, iPhone pix)

7f8903da.jpg

a2c35673.jpg

57630201.jpg

4f146052.jpg

c97be739.jpg

74b9c49f.jpg

0c9b810d.jpg

9c886aee.jpg

30f8bf57.jpg

MikeMcNair

forgot the lume shots...... i SWEAR it is as bright if not brighter than the DSSD, even though the pix do not show this. in fact, the pix are totally backwards as for the glow. weird....

16ba4f1e.jpg

bdf09735.jpg

b6535e53.jpg

9cf9e32c.jpg

80382529.jpg

MikeMcNair

Trying to capture the blue and the Lume better.....

f40ba36e.jpg

23014d0c.jpg

Del

Looks great Mike! Lumed numbers are great!

Balad1

Sweet look'n Mike.

SliceMaster

Nice looking watch Mike!!

MikeMcNair

Thabks guys!! I can't tell you how happy I am with it. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I think I'm gonna try to get a gen bezel cause I think it will compliment this. And if I'm not mistaken the screws on the gen bezel will hold it in place on the rep. I don't care if it rotates, in fact I can't stand when they do lol

Luthier

Yes, Mike, it's mine, just bought it from Mary in GZ, clone ETA, great lume, and damn heavy.

Cynikal.Mindset

Luthier thats a nice early 2007 style fish you got there...I have a 21j version like that on order at the moment

Luthier
Luthier thats a nice early 2007 style fish you got there...I have a 21j version like that on order at the moment

Thanks, CN!

Lume is pretty good too, here's a shot, taken in half-dark room without exposing the watch to any bulb light.

P1020604.jpg

MikeMcNair
Yes, Mike, it's mine, just bought it from Mary in GZ, clone ETA, great lume, and damn heavy.

Wow, I should snag one of those and put my dial in it, THAT would be perfect! I prefer the dials with all the numbers on it, ass opposed to just dots like yers. But mine is not VERY heavy, but rather a decent weight for the watch, and frankly I would like it heavier. Compared to my dssd it's a featherweigh lol

Don't get me wrong, it's still heavy but I prefer the weight oof the dssd

Luthier

Mike, you got beautiful watch, nothing to complain.

I chose dots, because numerals make dial too busy, and I prefer cleaner look, but it's the matter of taste.

MikeMcNair
Mike, you got beautiful watch, nothing to complain.

I chose dots, because numerals make dial too busy, and I prefer cleaner look, but it's the matter of taste.

Thabks man, you too!! I do love this!!! I have yet to open her up but I paid for a gen Swiss eta, and it sure keeps time like one so I'm happy.

I am gonna try to find a way to make it heavier though. Not sure how to.

powderfreak

Do you know how heavy it is, especially compared to the gen?

MikeMcNair

Oh, and I wanna look into getting a crown that some breitlings have that looks like it has squares on it. I think that would be cool ;)

Like this....

breitling_avengerskyland.jpg-thumb-450x359-4696.jpeg

MikeMcNair

No clue, it's pretty heavy tho. I just like REALLY heavy watches. I'm gonna find a scale and weigh it.

Luthier

No clue, it's pretty heavy tho. I just like REALLY heavy watches. I'm gonna find a scale and weigh it.

Lead mov't holder?

:)

MikeMcNair

If there were a lead mvmnt holder I would totally buy one!!!!

Here are the specs, no weight listed :)

Model  :  Polished SS Case, Blue Dial, Numeral Marker, Stainless steel Bracelet with Flip lock single fold clasp Uni-directional Rotating Bezel   

Movement:  Swiss Eta 2824-2 Automatic Movement  28800bph

Decorated Rotor

Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date ( Set via Crown)

Dimensions  : Dia 43mm x 16.5mm Thk

Material : 1 piece forged case construction, solid 316 stainless steel 

Back :  Thick Solid case back  Serial Engravings Hollogram

Crown : One-piece screw down crown with o ring

Crystal:  Sapphire Crystal  5mm, AR coated  

Water Resistant