Sign in to follow this  
markeym3

does smaller GMT dial look bigger than a DSSD

markeym3

Hi Folks ,

I am a big fan of the rolex DSSD its a good looking watch and I feel one of the best value reps around for about $100 I have had a few and have sold them , I am also a fan of the GMT but not yet brought one , the reason being i am put off a little by the dial size of 40.5 and on the deep sea 43 , I know its only a couple of mm's but you know how it is ,,

My question is although the GMT is smaller would the dial itself appear larger than the deapsea because the deapsea has the "ring lock" bit which makes the dial appear smaller ,

???

I know i'm waffling a bit bear with me ,,,

I say this because my IWC big pilot is 46mm and my Breit super avenger is 48mm but because the IWC dial goes to the edge the watch appears larger , just thought the same would be for the two rolex's ....

Does anyone have both ?

What are your thoughts ?

Cheers

Marc

pollux1

I have both and the DSSD looks bigger, it's a lot chunkier too. You're right about the dials though they both look the same size. If it's any help the GMT IIc (which I assume is the one you mean, not the older GMT) wears the same as my SMP but is thicker, I hope this helps a little. :popcorn:

markeym3
I have both and the DSSD looks bigger, it's a lot chunkier too. You're right about the dials though they both look the same size. If it's any help the GMT IIc (which I assume is the one you mean, not the older GMT) wears the same as my SMP but is thicker, I hope this helps a little. ;)

Hi polux 1 ,, ah ok I see yes i did mean the gmt 11c , thanks for the input :popcorn:

Slim

I have a real GMT and a rep DSSD, and yes I do think the GMT dial seems a bit bigger .. to me anyway.

edit: my GMT is a 1986 model, so ignore with respect to a IIc.

Del

I have both so maybe these wristies will help you (the DSSD feels much bigger due to its thickness and weight):-

p2165294v2.jpg

p2165305v2.jpg

markeym3

Ah nice one Del ,thats a perfect example i will go for the GMT now ,, cheers

Ska

Fuck I love your wrist shots del!

What camera do you use??

Del
Fuck I love your wrist shots del!

What camera do you use??

Thanks Ska!

I use an Olympus E420 DSLR with Zuiko 14-42mm lens. It's really nice to use and is quite compact for a DSLR.

Chiquita Fanjita

Del, did you get your GMTIIC from Robert or elsewhere? I've already got a DSSD and the GMTIIC is on my "wish list" and yours looks the dugs hawmaws ;)

Del
Del, did you get your GMTIIC from Robert or elsewhere? I've already got a DSSD and the GMTIIC is on my "wish list" and yours looks the dugs hawmaws B)

The GMTIIc came from Timesshop - it is the A2836 movement version and cost $128 plus shipping, although the price may have gone up a little since last year.