Sign in to follow this  
avenger007

Indebted to Skathewatch

avenger007

It never ceases to amaze me at the incredible quality of folks I've been privileged to get to know through this hobby. After seeing Ska's lume and CP tutorial, I asked Chris how much he would charge for a lume job. He promptly replied he didn't feel comfortable charging yet, but if I would send him the watch he would do it for free, I just needed to cover shipping. Great deal! Watch sent!

We all know Chris has been crazy busy over the past several months, and Radiomirs should age like fine wine anyway. So he finishes her up, then "apologizes" for not sending to me sooner because he had a spare high CP lying around and wanted to go ahead and swap it for me. The sheer nerve of this guy!!! Then he sends me the watch and refuses to let me cover the shipping. What a piece of work, this one. B)

Here's a couple quick and dirties from the iPhone:

358fddd6.jpg

f0adc82d.jpg

c0d4da1c.jpg

The blue lume is absolutely killer in person.

Thanks a ton, Chris! You are a scholar and a gentleman.....and a heckuva modder.

greg_r

Great stuff B)

Ska

Damn that thing looks great on the vintage strap!

Glad you liked it mate. Yours was the watch that finally gave me the confidence to do this properly!!

B)

solkryssare

Ska, mate! You bloody rock! Just the kinda person I want as my friend on the nets B)

graman

Ska is a talented bastard B)

KeNnY

Chris is super !!!!!! Nice job !!! B)

Del

Fantastic job B).

And what a great gesture by Ska - superb :lol:

dingle

ska is good, Sam is better :D

KeNnY
ska is good, Sam is better :D

Sam should register on our forum :D

nunu78

Chris is one of the amazing buddy ivE got through this forum n I'm proud to be his friend

powderfreak

Man! Chris, I see a real chance for opening up a new business, "Ska's Lume Store" :D

Aren

I am also indebted to Ska. When a new member wanted a video of my watch movement, I could not have supplied it. Ska's supplied it with his generous assistance. I know the video wasn't for me, but I believe that what helps one member helps us all.

I am grateful for Ska's generous help. Not only that...I didn't ask him, he volunteered unsolicited when he saw the problem. That kind of service to others is priceless IMHO.

Thanks you Ska :D to you and Sam et al.

midasmook

Well done Ska.

Ska

You're all incredibly kind, but in all seriousness the kindness and generosity of people towards me on this forum has never ceased to amaze and humble me.

When I first joined, Dingleberry Greg, Kink and Luthier immediately went out of their way to help me. Pointing me to reviews, giving advice, introducing me to Mary.

A few months later and for no reason I could fathom other than he's just an incredible guy Graman sent me the two most beautiful pens I've over seen from the other side of the world.

Countless other members have shown me great kindness from Offshore and sconehead with parts and supplies to Baldrick and Silverspeed with photography tips and advice.

I feel privileged to know so many people here and I'm just glad to be able to help out if I ever get a chance. Thanks to people like Kink and Avenger trusting me to mod their watches back when I had next to no experience, I've now gained a skill which hopefully I can use to make other members' reps better!!

Long Live RWG!!

Slim

Nice one.