Sign in to follow this  
RepGuy

$4,300 Solid Gold Rolex from Perfect Clones

RepGuy
I wonder if its made my the same manufacture that makes those solid gold homages

Link?

Cubic Hare

Can we get this thread moved to the scams section? Too much to go wrong for any noob looking at this thinking of buying

Why? A TD is offering a product well beyond the norm I agree but if anyone has balls big enough to pull the trigger on one of these then I would certainly love to see what they get. You can't call it a scam unless someone gets scammed.

Cheers

RepGuy

Can we get this thread moved to the scams section? Too much to go wrong for any noob looking at this thinking of buying

Why? A TD is offering a product well beyond the norm I agree but if anyone has balls big enough to pull the trigger on one of these then I would certainly love to see what they get. You can't call it a scam unless someone gets scammed.

Cheers

Agreed. This is being offered from a TD, and while I'm certainly skeptical, this is literally the safest option aside from buying a gen in an AD

nurg12

I've got to ask...Why would anyone even want a solid gold 4K fake when a second hand gen can be bought in the UK for about that price? Maybe not that model, but if you want a real gold watch buy a vintage gen.

It's what I did & ended up with a great JLC.

Where can you buy a gen solid gold datejust for $4k? I thought they were ~10k min in not great condition with a stretched to shit FUBAR bracelet

Edited by nurg12

Theduke.williams

I've been looking at buying an Omega PO 600M calibre 9300 pumpkin, at about the same price.

If I could beleive for 1 minute that this was genuine then I could change my idea and go fot it - the investment alone would be worth it!

As I said earlier - NO WAY JOSE!

stormtooper4

Mental

narikaa

Well gold is about $1234 per ounce today in CONUS. Not sure what that watch weighs... but what I found was a gen "melt value" is roughly $5K to $6K... in 18K gold.

So, something seems fishy even if you just buy if for the gold value. JMHO of course.

This model Rolex would yield just on 3 troy ounces of 18ct

deju
I've got to ask...Why would anyone even want a solid gold 4K fake when a second hand gen can be bought in the UK for about that price? Maybe not that model, but if you want a real gold watch buy a vintage gen.

I know your probably busy with orders but - and not to be greedy - I'll take an all gold oysterdate 1503 Rolex with bracelet for $4,000 (£3,250)

Oh heck.... I'll take two!!

AJB2

I know your probably busy with orders but - and not to be greedy - I'll take an all gold oysterdate 1503 Rolex with bracelet for $4,000 (£3,250)

Oh heck.... I'll take two!!

Sorry...

Sorry...Just sold the last 10 :suck:

daydate

if it was a 1:1 new daydate replica... then maybe :giggle:

RUSH2112
if it was a 1:1 new daydate replica... then maybe :giggle:

They're all 1:1 made from disassembled watch based on what I read.

trailboss99

As Narikaa said the big issue is the gold content. It will be solid alright but solid what? Chances are not a full 18k.

Sneaky Pete

I was interested in doing a solid 18k 40mm daydate and inquired with Josh if he could get something like that Don's. Long story short, he said that watch would be $7k+ today and that the solid 18k pricing on his site was way outdated. He said labor prices there have gone way up, gold prices have gone up considerably, etc. Not to mention theft, customs, and other trust issues, he said it's not worth doing it today.

$7k sounds crazy, then again a gen is going to be $25k+! Maybe it's not that crazy if you're hell bent on solid 18k, plus there's always the spot value if you wanted to "sell"! That watch has to weigh somewhere around 205grams, close to $6k worth of 18k gold all by itself. Maybe it really isn't all that crazy!

RepGuy
I was interested in doing a solid 18k 40mm daydate and inquired with Josh if he could get something like that Don's. Long story short, he said that watch would be $7k+ today and that the solid 18k pricing on his site was way outdated. He said labor prices there have gone way up, gold prices have gone up considerably, etc. Not to mention theft, customs, and other trust issues, he said it's not worth doing it today.

$7k sounds crazy, then again a gen is going to be $25k+! Maybe it's not that crazy if you're hell bent on solid 18k, plus there's always the spot value if you wanted to "sell"! That watch has to weigh somewhere around 205grams, close to $6k worth of 18k gold all by itself. Maybe it really isn't all that crazy!

The problem is the lack of trust many have from the factories. Don't get this confused with the TD's, who are to be trusted, but they unfortunately have no control over what the factory says the watch is, and go off of that info. If a factory told the TD it was solid gold 18K, the dealer would have no clue to the authenticity of the claim unless they tested the gold themselve, which most don't have the equipment to do. With the only form of accepted payment for this being Western Union, getting a refund if the watch turned out to be a bust would be impossible.

trailboss99

I'd be going to Phong for anything in solid gold, not some unknown factory.

Itslambo

I wonder if it will accept gen parts

seyxkido

mmm no thanks

jrlmsla

So I have a question....

Most people who will be called out for wearing a rep watch are going to be wearing a rep Rolex.

So the usual called out questions arise.

-are you going to try pull it off as gen when called out?

-if the people you are acquainted with know you don't want to put up the money for a $6000 gen Rolex what are they going to think about the possibility of you owning a "$25000" Rolex?

-would you just say...yeah it's fake, but the gold is real.

To me this would be like putting $100,000 into body kit and other upgrades to make your Early 2000s Asian sports car look just like a Ferrari 458, when you could just go buy a Jaguar F type.

SLTIEUVE

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

jrlmsla

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

You may need to take it off and bite the edge of the bracelet like the pirates do in the movies.