Sign in to follow this  
E-Dub

Radiomir Lug Screws

E-Dub

So how often do you all find yourself tightening the lug screws on radiomir cases. Mine loosen up every 4-5 wears (my 183 is a every 2-3 day wear). I have good screwdrivers and I tighten them down good, but I think the constant pressure from the strap just backs them out. Luckily, I haven't lost one yet, but I can see how that would be an issue.

So a very weak loctite or clear nailpolish or something like that solve this?

I don't want to solder because I'd like to be able to change the strap.

E-Dub

Ska

Loc-Tite do a removable compound now which should work wonders!

greg_r

I find that some Radiomirs suffer this problem and others don't. My 288 (now sold) didn't and neither does my PVD homage. The other two do, however, and loctite seems to be the answer :Thinking:

E-Dub

Does anyone know what color loctite (ref no.?). The blue and the red I have in my garage for motors, etc are probably too strong. I've seen glasses screws with yellow thread lock, but not finding that on the loctite website (it lists blue and red for preassembly and green for post assembly).

I guess I could just try to remember to check them each time before wear, too.

I'm going to go do a search for eyeglass thread lock. I'll post back if I find anything.

E-Dub

MikeMcNair

Personally, I would use te smallest dab of BLUE lock tite, and, if it ever gets stuck on there, and ol gunsmithing trick is to heat up a soldering iron, and hold it to the tiny screw for about 3-5 seconds, and the screw will come RIGHT out!!

We use this on firearm sights, and it's amazing how well it works.