Sign in to follow this  
elprimero

Perpetual chronograph C-06 review

elprimero

Here's a short review of the Perpetual chronograph C-06 I purchased recently.

I've spent a lot of time looking for a (gen) chrono with the ST-1908 movement, and couldn't find any that I liked.

Later, discovered this forum, and started looking at reps... found one that I really liked (an IWC Portuguese w. black dial), but, alas, none of the dealers (trusted or recommended) seem to have it available.

Finally, found about Perpetual on another forum (they don't advertise anywhere that I've seen, it's almost like they don't want to be found...).

The chronos they sell are even better deals, IMO, than most reps with ST19xx movements. Genuine gator strap (with choice of color), extra silicone strap, free 3-day shipping, watches individually checked / regulated with guaranteed accuracy, 2 year warranty with free shipping both ways, post-warranty service available for a very good price... all this for just $100 more or so ? Would be a no-brainer even for a rep, let alone for a gen B)

I won't list all the specs here, you can read those on the Perpetual website (domed sapphire, AR coating, etc. etc.)

The pictures from their website really don't do it justice, it looks a lot better in reality (my pics don't do it justice either :) )

2wrist.jpg

3wrist.jpg

Measurements:

case diameter:41.3 mm (without crown)

thickness: 14.9 mm

weight: 89 grams (with gator strap and deployant)

my wrist size: 17 cm (6.75")

Accuracy - measured over 52 hours, numbers are not exact (no access to a timing machine):

About +8~9 seconds fast / day dial up, about the same for crown up.

About +1~2 seconds fast / day 12 down, about the same when worn on wrist.

Overall, I'd say it's quite respectable, and comparable to my Bulova Accutron (swiss ETA 2892/A2).

The power reserve is 52+ hours.

Readability:

It doesn't have any lume... but, the hands / hour markers are highly polished and reflective, so one can read the time in surprisingly little light (moon shining through window in opposite room corner, etc.)

The chrono resets to 0 perfectly, every time.

The display back is really something to behold :)

8back.jpg

Minor issues / nitpicking:

It's just a bit thicker than I would've liked; a bit inconvenient when wearing long sleeves.

6side.jpg

The movement doesn't "hack". But, I knew this before buying.

The movent holder is made of plastic.

The release buttons for the deployant dig into my wrist, as you can see below. Not a big deal really, just a minor annoyance.

7clasp.jpg

Edited by elprimero

powderfreak

Thanks for sharing, that's a nice piece! I'm waiting for my first ST-19 right now, the movement looks great.

Member X

I like some of the Perpetual stuff, I was thinking about getting something from them a little while ago, but when a simple email enquiry to them over if it would be possible to check the roman numerals on a guilloche dial were accurately aligned, I got a tirade back about how they're all like that and I shouldn't be looking for expectation at this price point, perhaps I'll never find satisfaction at any price point, etc etc...

So they didn't get my money, long story short lol

Yours looks nice though, looks like it's a piece that will get some attention! :)

Dan22

Nice! Anyone know where this noob can get one?

carlton

http://www.perpetual-watch.com/

They haven't updated for a while though.

Best way to get into a manual chrono ST movement, theres also the Alpha Paul Newman too.