Sign in to follow this  
kolchak

does this omega PO bracelet look right?

kolchak

After trying a leather strap and going back to SS, it seems the bracelet is now "squared off"when looking directly down at watch face. I see the narror edge the top links instead of the long side. Is this a typical rep bracelet issue with larger watches (45.5 mm) on smaller wrists (7 inch)? Hopefully this issue translates in the pictures.

BTW - This is my first Omega rep & I love it - Perfect size, height and looks brilliant. Going to start looking for UPO soon.

thanks

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

Ska

Yup - all about wrist size mate, you'd get the same on the gen I'm afraid.

Steve227

+1 just checked mine on a smaller wrist and the same mate. Great looking watch! Enjoy!

kolchak

thanks for quick replies. Another insult for having small wrists. I checked some gen bracelets & found some SS bracelets fit or lay perfectly around the wrist and others look almost square. Guess it depends of link system. Noticed the same effect from cheapie pleather rep deployment straps...instead of a nice circular look around the wrist they end up rectangular.

amuthon
thanks for quick replies. Another insult for having small wrists. I checked some gen bracelets & found some SS bracelets fit or lay perfectly around the wrist and others look almost square. Guess it depends of link system. Noticed the same effect from cheapie pleather rep deployment straps...instead of a nice circular look around the wrist they end up rectangular.

Some watches look very nice with mesh or nato straps.

Wearing comfort is great imo, ever tried?

Balad1

Talk to KennyKenny and get muscles like his. His wrists are so big he can wear a wall clock and make it look good, lol.

Del

kolchak - if it didn't "square off" then the bracelet would look even worse because it wouldn't wrap around your wrist and would stand out at the lugs.

I have a small wrist and tried one of the new PAM s/s bracelets on a 44mm watch but it just looked wrong because the bracelet wouldn't wrap around my wrist, i.e. that one didn't "square off". It depends on the type of bracelet - I can wear the 46mm SOHv2 on mesh without any problems!

NFleischer

Honestly I 'm not sure exactly what 'squared off' means to you. Something I see is that the rep SEL's are not as round as the gens.

That gives the bracelet a nice look with 2 curves- length and width:

DSC00181.jpg

Anyway, enjoy your nice watch

KBH

You ought to get a 42mm, It's not like that at all and much better for smaller wrists.

Or a Hirsch Leonardo strap solves the problem. That's what I'm currently wearing on my 42mm and find it much more comfortable that the bracelet.

DSCN4268.jpg

Tristan123

there has been plenty of talk about fitting a mesh strap to an Omega,, they seem to go really well together

not sure who does the best one to buy, maybe some will post a link to a good place to buy!!!

if you like them that is, maybe you really want a ss bracelet

pollux1

The Hirsch looks great on the PO kibbee :ttiwwop:

KBH
The Hirsch looks great on the PO kibbee :D

Thanks Pollee....:ttiwwop: You're starting to sound like Balders.

Del
The Hirsch looks great on the PO kibbee :ttiwwop:

Yes it does - great combo!

I've also got a Hirsch strap but not the Leonardo - mine is a special edition from Watch Obsession in the UK - alligator embossed waterproof calf skin (I liked the orange stitching :D)

p2165350v2.jpg

kolchak

I got that same Hirsch strap for my PO after seeing yours Del...it looks great on the pumpkin PO but I dig the SS too.

Amuthon - Thanks for suggestion but Nato & Mesh haven't grown on me yet. A month ago Paneria hadn't grown on me either, so...

KBH - until recently I only wore 40 / 42 mm. They do fit better but now I live to wear 44/45, even if the SS bracelet looks slightly odd.