Sign in to follow this  
guami007

Radiomir cases

guami007

Do any of these case style PAM's (e.g. 183 or 292) come w/o a screw down crown? I am itchin to buy a new PAM. I really like the 183 or the 292 but am not a fan of screw down crowns on manual wind only watches. The whole notion of stripping the crown tube doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's irrelevant. Are there any other models with this case design that do not come with a screw down crown?

TIA.

GC

it's irrelevant... you don't strip the threads by winding unless you really try. i've had several for some years now and no problems what so ever.

guami007
it's irrelevant... you don't strip the threads by winding unless you really try. i've had several for some years now and no problems what so ever.

I realize the winding and stripping the threads are two different things but screwing down and unscrewing (I'm almost getting aroused now) the crown on a daily basis is what scares me with the threads. If you've not had any issues of this nature having owned this type of watch over the course of several years, then maybe I'll take the plunge and join the party.

Thanks for your feedback.

gottahaverolex

What GC said, if you are careful you'll be fine. I've yet to strip any on 2 dozen watches

Ska

+1 to what GC said.

Got 2 Radiomirs, an 'Ultimate' and a cheapie. Never had an issue with either.

wombosi

You shouldn't worry about the threads. Just order the watch you like.

Never had any problems with it on my PAM 183 either

JohnG

Since no one actually answered his question, NO, I don't think there are any Radiomir reps without screw down crown. So the point is moot anyway.

:shitstir:

prestigewatchco

I don't think there is a case that is not screw down. Good idea is to put a small amount of grease on the thread occasionally. Actually using it daily is less likely to cause a problem than a screw down crown that is not opened often they tend to clog up if not cleaned regularly

wat44

Good advice, PWC, I do this with my parnis as often as possible