Sign in to follow this  
AJB2

Broken watch return...A complete experience detailed.

AJB2

Morning.

I thought I'd write this to maybe give you guys & girls a little more confidence.

My Daydate 40 that I bought from Andrew at Trusty Time broke after about 3 months.

I sent him an email explaining the problem & he replied almost immediately asking for a photo. I sent one to him & he agreed the issue was down to him, sending me a "repair slip" which I had to fill in & the address of where to send the watch to in both English & Chinese. He also gave me exact instructions on what to write on the customs form.

On March 6th, I packaged the watch up, attached the address lable he sent me &, as instructed, took the parcel to my local post office, filled out the relevant form & waved goodbye to my watch for the sum of £12.50.

On March 25th I received an email from Andrew complete with a picture of my broken watch & repair slip to assure me it had arrived safely & to be patient with his watchsmith as it would take some time to get it fixed. I thanked him & then just left him to it.

On April 14th I got an email with photos of my watch repaired & QC photos to approved...This I duly gave him the green light & in return, he sent me a tracking number...I then just waited.

Yesterday April 29th the was a knock on the door from the postie...It was my watch, properly repaired & looking as good as new...I'm so pleased.

The point of this post was firstly, to Thank Andrew at Trusty for being as good as his word by repairing & sending my watch back to me & secondly, to let you guys know that, as long as you follow instructions to the letter & are prepared to be patient...Sending a watch back to your TD in China for repair (Well in Andrew's case anyway) works out well in the end.

I hope this helps with those pondering on what to do about a broken watch.

Cheers.

Edited by AJB2

markeym3

It Is good to hear a happy ending.

You of course followed the instructions set out by the TD and it ended well.

Too many times you see threads on here of a shit rant against the TD and whining about how shit there (replica) watch is.

Great to see it worked out for you,, were in good health..

Davesjourney

Now that's how to go about a faulty item. Kudos to both TD and purchaser for patience served

Helmut Wong

Great service .

Foxindebox

:clap:

Great to hear it all sorted and you are happy. Just goes to show that if you use the system in place and be patient, it will all work out in the end (and if not, leave it to the mods before doing something that will make the situation worse).

Enjoy your watch and wear in the very best of health :)

jimsusan

Great service from Trusty Time. I myself had a very similar experience last year with Mary. After about six months my Panerai stopped working and I contacted her. To cut a long story short the service I received was examplary and after sending my watch back to China I had it back fully repaired in about six weeks. It's great that these trusted dealers are just that but the one thing you have to have is patience.

Nikosaldente

Everyone loves a happy ending, me included of course!

Glad it all ended well!

They're called Trusted Dealers for some reason all right!

MetalMickey

Awesome - it can be quite smooth sending a watch back to China, just so long as you follow the TD's instructions. Glad it turned out well.