Sign in to follow this  
gB.

Best Ultimate PAM 183?

gB.

I love my $99 PAM 183 I got from Robert a while back so much that I am ready to upgrade to the best 183 out there. Looking for the best build quality, accuracy, possible Swiss movement options, etc. Any advice or direction is much appreciated. Thank you for your help! :lmao2:

wombosi

As far as I know there is no (new) ultimate 183 with things like flush cp, proper AR and Gen-like lume color out-of-the-box rep available (yet). Too bad, because I really want one too!

For exactly the same reason as you btw :lmao2:

Someone please tell me I'm wrong...

wat44

you are wrong

Mary has it

Mazz

i think that Robert has it also

alw

Any interest in an Eddie Lee version? I might have one for sale...

wombosi

Could you guys please provide a link for Mary's and possibly Robert's (latest) ultimate 183? I can't remember seeing a version which met the above mentioned specifications. Thanks!

gB.
Any interest in an Eddie Lee version?

Anyone know any details on what an "Eddie Lee" version of the 183 is? First I've heard of it.

prestigewatchco

Most likely they are calling the earlier model Eddy Lee version

alw

Anyone have info of Eddie Lee reps? I understand his reps were superior once. How sought after are they and do they still compete with today´s super reps?

prestigewatchco

Not exactly correct ALW lots of older reps were good and now not made any more EL was only a dealer and many dealers supplied the same watches as EL so there are no real EL exclusives.

It is a myth that has been brought about by some of the Panerai experts to bolster the value of some of their reps they have over spent on modding

Current 127 cases are rear loading because it's better and easier but some people rave about front loading it was done by the factories originally because they didn't know any better when they did they made them back loading with correct movement holding tabs rather than the front loading that were held in place by a screw catching the side of the case

There have been some recent productions with front loading cases I myself had some 18 months ago I think the 127 Greg r has is front loading so this was long after EL had left the scene and dispelling the myth

Same with the 183 the only significant change has been the dial with the placement of the Black seal text again I had some 12 months ago with the old text and swiss movements so again dispelling the EL myth

alw
Not exactly correct ALW lots of older reps were good and now not made any more EL was only a dealer and many dealers supplied the same watches as EL so there are no real EL exclusives.

It is a myth that has been brought about by some of the Panerai experts to bolster the value of some of their reps they have over spent on modding

Current 127 cases are rear loading because it's better and easier but some people rave about front loading it was done by the factories originally because they didn't know any better when they did they made them back loading with correct movement holding tabs rather than the front loading that were held in place by a screw catching the side of the case

There have been some recent productions with front loading cases I myself had some 18 months ago I think the 127 Greg r has is front loading so this was long after EL had left the scene and dispelling the myth

Same with the 183 the only significant change has been the dial with the placement of the Black seal text again I had some 12 months ago with the old text and swiss movements so again dispelling the EL myth

OK, thanks for the info Robert!

gB.

So since the movement is front loading, do you have to take out the crystal in order to remove it, versus just the caseback on current rep versions? Seems that would be a PITA to have to do that for any servicing of the movement, reluming, cp fix, etc.

prestigewatchco

Yes Bezel and crystal would have to come off to get movement out

gB.
Yes Bezel and crystal would have to come off to get movement out

Yikes... :lmao2:

wombosi

Where you able to find a satisfactory Ultimate 183 at Mary or Robert, GBOGH?

KBH

DSN was making some very nice 183s a while back. Might be worth checking into.

Silverspeed
Could you guys please provide a link for Mary's and possibly Robert's (latest) ultimate 183? I can't remember seeing a version which met the above mentioned specifications. Thanks!

This one is from Robert, a very nice 183H with flush CP, sapphire crystal and swiss based 6497

IMG_4116kopie.jpg

wombosi

Looking good Silver! Nice Toscana strap too btw.

How are AR (1) and daylight lume (2) color on this one? Not too blue (1) and yellowish/greenish (2)?

phanto

i have the same one,

Lume is greenish, needs a relume

AR isn't fantastic, I'd recommend removing it

wombosi
i have the same one,

Lume is greenish, needs a relume

AR isn't fantastic, I'd recommend removing it

Did you get yours at Robert? Because I saw another topic about a 183 from Mary, where you claimed to have the same watch as well.

I am asking because there could be a difference in AR depending on the dealer. Trying to sort out which have blueish AR and which don't.

Silverspeed

The one I have from Robert does not have the typical blue AR

wombosi

Thanks Silver. How about the lume color and intensity?

Silverspeed

It's not superlumed...but better then average lume, indices have the correct clour when uncharged

wombosi

Sounds exactly like what I am looking for: any chance this was the one you ordered?

Silverspeed

Looks like it