Sign in to follow this  
amanuel777

How do you take links off the DSSD bracelet?

amanuel777

Hi guys,

I recently bought my first 3 reps, and one of them is a DSSD. It turns out I really don't like Rollies - reps or gens, but since I can't sell it, I decided to try to like it.

However, it's too big on my wrist and I have no idea how to take a couple of links off. I see two of them (one on each side)have screw pins, but the remaining are different... How do you do that?

Any help will be appreciated.

Ska

Hmm, there should be at least 2 links on either side with screw-in bars. which should give you more than enough adjustment when coupled with the glide-lock adjustment.

Do you know how to adjust the glidelock and diver's extension as well?

amanuel777
Hmm, there should be at least 2 links on either side with screw-in bars. which should give you more than enough adjustment when coupled with the glide-lock adjustment.

I think I do, and I have it on the smallest setting. But I have only one link on each side with the screw-in bars... Meaning, if I unscrew it, I won't be able to remove another one to move on its place.

Hmmmm... Don't know what to do now.

gottahaverolex

I think I do, and I have it on the smallest setting. But I have only one link on each side with the screw-in bars... Meaning, if I unscrew it, I won't be able to remove another one to move on its place.

Hmmmm... Don't know what to do now.

That's odd! You should have 4 links on either side of the clasp that can be removed. I have 3 DSSD bracelets and they are all exactly the same! I'll send you one for free if you need a new one.

Ska

Who did you buy the DSSD from mate? How much did it cost you and can you post a quick photo of the bracelet ends?

amanuel777
Who did you buy the DSSD from mate? How much did it cost you and can you post a quick photo of the bracelet ends?

Sure, no problem. I got it from Mary, it's the one that's in her latest listing.

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I can't get good light right now... You should still get the idea though.

There are only two real screws, the rest is just cuts in the links, not screws that are flush with them.

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

gottahaverolex

In the last pic you have two links that can come out on the left side of the clasp.If that doesnt make it small enough for you you have to have 5 inch wrists! There are screws in all of the links in the pic. they may seem like they wont come out but they will. You still seem to be missing a link or two on the right though.

amanuel777
In the last pic you have two links that can come out on the left side of the clasp.If that doesnt make it small enough for you you have to have 5 inch wrists! There are screws in all of the links in the pic. they may seem like they wont come out but they will. You still seem to be missing a link or two on the right though.

Are you sure those are screws? If so, then it's how the bracelet was polished, it made it look like slits in the links and not real screws. I'll try now, thanks for the help!

EDIT: You were right!!! And LOL, no, I don't have 5 inch wrists either. :)

The bracelet is exactly as it came, never removed links until tonight.

Edited by amanuel777

gottahaverolex

Are you sure those are screws? If so, then it's how the bracelet was polished, it made it look like slits in the links and not real screws. I'll try now, thanks for the help!

Yep, definitely have 3 total links that can come out. If you still have issues hit me up by PM.

Ska

Hi mate those are all screws they're just polished flush during finishing. They'll come out no problem! You can see the other end of the screws on the reverse of the link (right hand side of both pics)

I have the same DSSD as you!

amanuel777
Hi mate those are all screws they're just polished flush during finishing. They'll come out no problem! You can see the other end of the screws on the reverse of the link (right hand side of both pics)

I have the same DSSD as you!

You are both right, I had a typical n00b guestion I guess. Thank you for the help, this is a great place and I'm having a great time here!

gottahaverolex

Awesome man! Glad we could help. Now get it sized and start wearing it! :)

Ska

Sweet! Congrats mate!!

wat44

after all.....

its International DSSD Day!

amanuel777

LOL... not did I only resize the DSSD, but I got as inspired as to resize my gen Chrono Evolution. :)

I had the dealer size it when I bought it, but now I realize that a big and heavy watch like that HAS to be worn tighter than other ones...

Thanks again, guys, you were great help!

MikeMcNair

Dude, you have me like 30 miles away, I can answer any Q, fix any Pob, and help with everything. Make a list of question, bring your watches, and I can solve any problem you have.

My ONLY payment that I ask for is 5 USD, plus that DSSD, so it's fairly cheap :)

And don't listen to Ted, I'm not gonna rape you(not on the first date unless yer hot as shit with big tits)

Then it's "no holds barred"!!!!!!!

wat44

well, there's an offer!

amanuel777
Dude, you have me like 30 miles away, I can answer any Q, fix any Pob, and help with everything. Make a list of question, bring your watches, and I can solve any problem you have.

My ONLY payment that I ask for is 5 USD, plus that DSSD, so it's fairly cheap :)

And don't listen to Ted, I'm not gonna rape you(not on the first date unless yer hot as shit with big tits)

LMAO... I hear you, and I know you're close by... not 30 miles though. I am still trying to find a reason to visit our Allentwon or Center City locations....

In the meantime, I decided to see if the DSSD is ever going to grow on me, so I'll try wearing it for a few days. But for some reason, for me Rolex translates to "Old"... Like, I feel that when I retire to Florida, I'd wear one in my shiny new Towncar on my way to my boat... But not now. I guess right now it's all about Lings and Pams.

EDIT: Now that I have your attention, can somebody explain to me the difference between the 7750 and 7753 movements?

Edited by amanuel777

MikeMcNair

look up "dry lube", do it, then remove the divers extension.....

you will then love your dssd.

done!

Luthier

LMAO... I hear you, and I know you're close by... not 30 miles though. I am still trying to find a reason to visit our Allentwon or Center City locations....

In the meantime, I decided to see if the DSSD is ever going to grow on me, so I'll try wearing it for a few days. But for some reason, for me Rolex translates to "Old"... Like, I feel that when I retire to Florida, I'd wear one in my shiny new Towncar on my way to my boat... But not now. I guess right now it's all about Lings and Pams.

EDIT: Now that I have your attention, can somebody explain to me the difference between the 7750 and 7753 movements?

Are you sure you wear DSSD on your wrist?

DSSD isn't "Double Sizing Small Dicks" abbreviation...

:rofl:

Just kidding, mate...

:)

amanuel777
Are you sure you wear DSSD on your wrist?

DSSD isn't "Double Sizing Small Dicks" abbreviation...

:rofl:

Just kidding, mate...

:)

Luth, I tried both. After I removed the two links, it was fine on my wrist, but too tight for the other thing, so I had to use the diver's extension. :balls::popcorn:

vfsvfl
Hi guys,

I recently bought my first 3 reps, and one of them is a DSSD. It turns out I really don't like Rollies - reps or gens, but since I can't sell it, I decided to try to like it.

However, it's too big on my wrist and I have no idea how to take a couple of links off. I see two of them (one on each side)have screw pins, but the remaining are different... How do you do that?

Any help will be appreciated.

I'm kind of in the same boat with my black DSSD Rolex (& I already live in Florida). The watch & weight are fine but I've been wearing PAM & U-Boat reps for awhile, & even at 43mm, the DSSD feels puny.

I think a partial solution is a wider bracelet. I recall somebody else here complaining the Rolex bracelet was too small (even "girlish") but I don't see any replacements.

I don't particularly care if my rep looks less gen if the bigger /wider bracelet makes me comfortable wearing it more often.