Sign in to follow this  
Takken

Rolex DSSD with correct "10" bezel

Takken

I'm buying this Rolex version with the correct "10" on bezel, but there are two version on the movement.

What do you guys believe is the best to choose?

1. Swiss ETA 2836-2?

2. Asian clone 3135?

rdssd.jpg

Thanks for your opinion

alw

I just ordered one with Swiss ETA. Why? Because I´m just paranoid about Asian movements, although they should be alright.

KBH

1. Swiss ETA 2836-2

If you're going with the Asian clone, don't waste your money on those fake Rolex bridges. They won't be seen and are more problematic than the plain clone ETA.

Amit

usually swiss movement are just asian clones dressed up.

although i hear asian 3135 are not too reliable, i'm sure others will be able to confirm

or refute

prestigewatchco

Better off with a plain Asian clone chances are the Swiss will be hybrid anyway

KeNnY
Better off with a plain Asian clone chances are the Swiss will be hybrid anyway

+1 or refurbished

mspangl

How about paying a little more and get one of BK with a selita sw 200 movement.. 100% genuine because these aren't repd

Takken

@ mspangl:

"How about paying a little more and get one of BK with a selita sw 200 movement.. 100% genuine because these aren't repd"...

How much harm will the "little more" thingy do to my bank account? :lol:

prestigewatchco
How about paying a little more and get one of BK with a selita sw 200 movement.. 100% genuine because these aren't repd

Said who? They have been being repped for months and months only ones that are not are best grade ones with engineering design the plain ones are reped as much as ETA

powderfreak
QUOTE (mspangl @ Mar 23 2011, 11:52 PM)

Said who? They have been being repped for months and months only ones that are not are best grade ones with engineering design the plain ones are reped as much as ETA

Well, trailboss said this here, just take a look. Are you certain about Selita movement reps? If they exist, it's better to know that, since many will believe they are "save" with choosing the Selita.

MikeMcNair

2836-2, mine Keeps PERFECT TIME (search for a thread titled "accuracy", i posted a vid in there. )

Cynikal.Mindset

dont pay extra for swiss...save the 50 or and get the asian clone. Paying for swiss is like going to mcdonalds and buying a salad...sure its a salad but its still full of crap and you were better off eating the burger in the first place!

Swiss 2836 Teardown

MikeMcNair
dont pay extra for swiss...save the 50 or and get the asian clone. Paying for swiss is like going to mcdonalds and buying a salad...sure its a salad but its still full of crap and you were better off eating the burger in the first place!

Swiss 2836 Teardown

cynical, that link, what is it about? i am not a member on that forum (and after having memberships to like 7 dif watch forums feel no ned to sign up for another)

Cynikal.Mindset

basically dude tore down a 2836 and it was half chinese and half lubed. you should join and take a look over that thread

nunu78

Swiss 2836 Teardown

+1

MikeMcNair
basically dude tore down a 2836 and it was half chinese and half lubed. you should join and take a look over that thread

gotcha

Takken

Bare with me here, I'm kind of confused now. Would this be the Asian clone then? Or the one that only have 21600 BPH? ---> Link <---

Asian clone?

Cynikal.Mindset

ASIAN CLONE IS THE 2836 28800VBH

ASIAN 21J IS THE 21600VBH

Takken

@ Cynikal.Mindset

Thank you :)