Sign in to follow this  
E-Dub

Was it a Rep?

E-Dub

So I just had about a 30 min encounter with a patient wearing a yellow gold Rolex President. The midlinks , the dial, the case and bezel were pave diamonds. The dial had ruby baton markers and the bezel had some rubies too (not sure if they were at 12,3,6,9 or every hour) as it was hard to look and not stare. It was STUNNING!!!

I did a quick google search for "pave Rolex" and "Ice Rolex". It looks like the Rolex in this Link:

http://www.rolex-mens.com/Other-Rolex/role...d-bracelet.html

Now, that (in the photo) is most likely a REP (or hot), right? $13K for a president with all that bling seems like way too little? No? Also being sold on a site with a bunch of overpriced reps, so something is fishy with that.

Is it possible that an AD would make a real President like that? It was almost over-the-top to the point I would think an AD/jewler would say "you're not in a rap video, stop". If it were real, how much would/should it cost.

Funny thing is that I work in an area where it is most likely gen, and this guy is a retired CEO/Country Club type, so I'd be suprised if it was a rep. Wow, was it pretty.

I'll most likely have to see him again, so maybe I can strike up a conversation about it once I've seen him a few times.

E-Dub

Nisv

I'm sorry, i misread the title.

I thought it said "what is a rep?".

Obviously i need a new pair of glasses :)

jdoe

Rep or Gen?

It seem to be a Mag

jameo210369

It makes no difference, it done the job. It caught your eye and had you thinking.

E-Dub
It makes no difference, it done the job. It caught your eye and had you thinking.

That it did. I'd never be able to pull that thing off, but, wow. Everyone in my office knows I'm into watches and often comment on them and they were waiting to hear what I had to say about this one.

I'd bet the house on gen. I'd like to know what something like that would cost. I assume its custom aftermarket?

E-Dub

narikaa

No big deal

Heres mine;

DayDateDiams%20a.JPG

DayDateDiams.JPG

Infinite choice of dials, bezels with many different coloured twinkly bits can be got

Akira
:lmao2:

JohnG
:lmao2:

WebWind
DayDateDiams.JPG

Looks like very near to Gaytona ...

JohnG
Looks like very near to Gaytona ...

Gaytona with age spots.

:)