Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

New PAM 286J ordered from Josh...concerned now

gottahaverolex

I went ahead and ordered a PAM 286J ultimate from Josh. i went with him because he has always done right by me and for some resaon was $40 cheaper than Mary quoted me. NOW! I was just on his site and all his PAM listings are GONE! I haven't got any kind of email from him regarding the order in two days which is unheard of for him. He ALWAYS sends me an email saying thanks for the order and within 24 hrs I have a tracking number. this time nothing... Anyone know if anything fishy has been going on with J&A? I know about the site issues and it going offline but nothing like this.. Please advise if you may. O

My 005 is backordered until April sometime and now this. Blah

Luthier

Well... but it's $40 cheaper...

:D

Cynikal.Mindset

did you order from the right site?

gottahaverolex
did you order from the right site?

Yes, been ordering from Josh for 3 years now. I just spoke to him and all is good. The technical bullshit with his site has delayed them getting their payments and showing orders for release slower. It's already in the air to me. I was sweating over nothing as usual.

gottahaverolex
Well... but it's $40 cheaper...

I know, I know Luthier. Mary is great and so is Robert. I'll stick with them from now on. Josh is just so convenient sometimes because everything is automated, it makes me lazy. It's worth the extra effort to deal with our forum dealers though. But $40! LOL that's a big difference...

gtwc

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with Andrew at TrustyTime.

Paid for watch on March 4th, now told expected delivery from the factory is mid-April.

Guess that'll teach us not to peruse the (semi) trusted-dealers.

prestigewatchco

Can never understand people pre paying for something that will be plentiful when they do another production run.

Or indeed pre paying and waiting 2 years

Too many variables and things to go wrong in the Rep world to pre order or predict anything

I just read that trusty has them off as well but apparently they are only hidden in Rolex<> other so maybe josh is the same

JohnG

Is it true Josh is the real owner of RepGeek?

:rofl:

prestigewatchco

Not sure John maybe an idea to post a thread there and ask or PM J-C

I think TTK is still behind RG and his heirs are running the show

gottahaverolex
Can never understand people pre paying for something that will be plentiful when they do another production run.

Or indeed pre paying and waiting 2 years

Too many variables and things to go wrong in the Rep world to pre order or predict anything

I just read that trusty has them off as well but apparently they are only hidden in Rolex<> other so maybe josh is the same

Robert, I didn't preorder it from him, just went in the site and did a normal order then got an email from him saying it was out of stock. He offered to refund my money or I could just wait for it. I decided it was easier to just let him fullfill the order once it became available again. I don't think I would ever knowingly pre-order. Just to clarify. He was also offering it with a nice leather strap for cheaper than others with rubber so he reeled me in with that alone lol!

Edited by gottahaverolex

bme

:facepalm:

I heard that too.........I'll pop over and ask the question, highlighting that you brought it up over here and wanted me to ask on your behalf.

sjb

I ordered my 1st Rep from Josh,no problems and arrived very quickly.

Site is easy to use for a Noob.....having said that I could have come unstuck a couple of days later as site was scammed!

edwelly

Who is Josh? Sorry - new here...

JohnG

Perfect Clones - I am not sure if he is listed here or not, he is part of the "cartel" - an evil ring of dealers who use underhanded tactics to eliminate the competition if they won't agree to their price fixing schemes.

That is one version of the story, there are others. :lol:

Drhulee

The story is (on RG and W-C anyway) that they are getting more pressure than usual from Swiss lawyers, so they put the Panerai stuff on the "down low" for now. Sounds pretty thin though, as you'd assume that "pressure" would apply to ALL reps of Swiss watches, especially Rolex. Perhaps more likely a marketing gimmick to make people order more PAMs while they still can :lol:

stolikat

:lol:

I thought it was al qaeda?

torobravo

A rep factory it´s a business, not a passion, so first and most important is the money. Than I think you figured it out that they give newly released products first to their best customers, in this case the ones you call cartel. We are talking about days, not weeks, they cannot make so many watches first days to have it for all the dealers.

A rep factory actually is a businessman who has a group of watchsmiths somewhere hideen in a Guangdong basement put the reps togather and aftersale servicing/repairing them when needed. The parts are arriving from several sub contracted factories (bracelet, case, dial, movements etc)

Actually there is no cartel, it´s just in your fantasies. Josh is first served and that´s it. You call it cartel? OK for me. His website? You enter, there is a fixed price, best organized website on net with reliable description, people like that, you buy it, pay, receive the product. He answers emails and that´s it, the rest is handled by his trained staff who take QC pics and sending out parcels.

I had once problem with Josh when 288 was released, that I sold it cheaper than him, but it was a new release, don´t forget that, ... a week after tony from 7750 came and sold it almost cost price :lol:

http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.a...id=2067&ti=

So don´t tell me that there is a cartel, and they are actually control prices. The factory is business and after a few days when watches available to all the dealers nobody cares how much you´re selling it, the cheaper you sell, the happier are the factories because the more they are selling too.

I want to know where comes the ¨I´ve heard that the owner of repgeek is Josh¨. Maybe is true, because when 288 was released, I was kindly asked to not talk about my problems with Josh on forum board.

dano

Domain: repgeek.com

Registrar: Eurodns S.A.

Registrant:

Company: RGLLC

Name: Montano JC

Address: PO Box 108

City: Willington

Postal Code: 06279

Administrative Contact:

Company: RGLLC

Name: Montano JC

Address: PO Box 108

City: Willington

Postal Code: 06279

Phone: +999789731513

Email: [email protected]

torobravo

Broadband costs, and since mantainance is 600 plus per month, somebody has to pay for it too... I guess not JC

dano

someone should email him and ask haha

prestigewatchco

$600 a month is not that bad really they have VIP subscriptions to fund it. Although I have to admit I think it's mad that VIP lasts a lifetime should be yearly that would go a long way to solving any financial problems they may have

dano

Lifetime is insane!?!?!?! What were they thinking?

Most definitely should be yearly or monthly with a discount for yearly subscribers

torobravo

Actually Sylar left with a sum of money they said but now everything is back to normal on repgeek and I think 25usd it´s not too much for a lifetime VIP membership.

stolikat

Firstly repgeek is a profitable enterprise. $600 is only 24 new vip subscribers per month. Less than one a day. Not hard to do for a forum with the traffic numbers that site has. If you have noticed the number of times the site has gone down over the last year it is apparent that maintenance is not a big priority or expense. JC owns the site and I as a former longtime member always knew that to be the case. But is he losing money? Not by a long shot.

Edited by stolikat

edwelly

Perfect Clones - I am not sure if he is listed here or not, he is part of the "cartel" - an evil ring of dealers who use underhanded tactics to eliminate the competition if they won't agree to their price fixing schemes.

That is one version of the story, there are others. B)

thanks for the info!