• Yep
    • Nope
    • Rhubarb
  2. 3. Is Onze really a big girl?

• Affirmative
    • Correctamundo
    • Tulip

sconehead

Just looking at this for my first Tag. It's quartz I know but then so is the gen. Seeing as I golf most weekends this time I'm willing to make an exception for a 'ticky' watch.

I've sourced it from one dealer up to now for $140 shipped. Can I get a better deal anywhere else? It doesn't mention a boxset, I'm not bothered about that but I know the 'TW' models came with one.

Here's a rep v gen comparison...

tagprofessionalsportswa.jpg GEN

tagprofessionalsports.png REP

400tagsw043fgolfpvdswis.jpg REP caseback

Obviously with the different lighting in the pics it's hard to judge how close the PVD is. Also the date font looks a bit off and the date window seems shaded on the rep. That may again be down to the lighting as the rep has a bevelled window just like the gen. The caseback looks to be close to the previous models but I couldn't get a view of this PVD model's on the Tag site to compare it. The watch looks more than passable to me though, what do you think? :lol::lol:

alphakazi

not bad - I like it - the crown on the left side is interesting. What do the buttons do? From the pic the rep has a green color to it - could be lighting

sconehead

The buttons release the caseback which in turn is basically a clasp which grips the band. The crown is on the left so that it doesn't dig into your hand and interfere with your golf swing...not that it'd make much difference to mine... :lol:

greg_r

I voted nope - I like Tags, but this one doesn't do much for me. Also, the rep photos suggest that the rubber strap might be a dust magnet...

sconehead

True Greg, my gen Breitling rubber collects dust, they probably all do unless they're completely smooth...

edit: tulip means yes as well, it's my poll so I make the rules... :)

greg_r
True Greg, my gen Breitling rubber collects dust, they probably all do unless they're completely smooth...

True - although some are worse than others.

edit: tulip means yes as well, it's my poll so I make the rules... :)

I figured that'd be the case, but I don't like to be completely predictable B)

onzenuub

You tulip whore and no that TAG isn't the most beautiful TAG.

sconehead

Agreed Onze, but I was thinking of it for when I golf, which is nearly every weekend, as that what it's designed for. My normal beaters, an SMP or SFSO, really do dig in sometimes...

onzenuub
Agreed Onze, but I was thinking of it for when I golf, which is nearly every weekend, as that what it's designed for. My normal beaters, an SMP or SFSO, really do dig in sometimes...

So, you have golfballs as well?

sconehead

Yes many Onze and a niblick...

onzenuub

What the fuck is a niblick?

sconehead

niblick. iron-headed golf club with steeply angled face, for playing out of bunkers.

Golf-retard... :)

onzenuub
niblick. iron-headed golf club with steeply angled face, for playing out of bunkers.

Golf-retard... B)

Ahaaaaaaa, that old niblick, thought you where saying something dirty again about lick :)

sconehead

Never had your nib licked then Onze? It's quite popular in the U.K. you know...

onzenuub
Never had your nib licked then Onze? It's quite popular in the U.K. you know...

No, I didn't know.

sconehead

I knew you wouldn't know...

onzenuub

Yeah, I knew you knew I wouldnt know.

sconehead

Correct and I knew that you knew that I'd know you wouldn't know...it was obvious

onzenuub

Correct and I knew that you knew that I'd know you wouldn't know...it was obvious

I know it was obvious that you knew that I knew that you'd know I wouldn't know.

AllergyDoc

I've been meaning to get one of these for my dad. He's a golf nut, plays 3 times a week and would probably play more if mom would let him.

Luthier

Golf-retard... :)

Golf is most boring "sport" ever. Can't even imagine myself playing it at 68.

TAG is good looking watch, I'd say - very elegant, but PVD??? I'd never buy any watch with PVD.

Buy it, not a big money. I guess I can get it for much less, but as I said - no PVD for me. Maybe they have SS model?

AllergyDoc

Golf isn't a sport but it does take skill. Having played it a little, I can appreciate how difficult it can be to play it well.

sconehead

Golf-retard... :notworthy:

Golf is most boring "sport" ever. Can't even imagine myself playing it at 68.

TAG is good looking watch, I'd say - very elegant, but PVD??? I'd never buy any watch with PVD.

Buy it, not a big money. I guess I can get it for much less, but as I said - no PVD for me. Maybe they have SS model?

Yes they do a stainless 'Tiger Woods' model. It comes in 3 versions. General concensus has the V1 as being the closest to gen. You gave me two links to dealers you use a while ago, J***a and W****n will these be able to source it cheaper if I drop your name, or is there someone else you had in mind? ;)

jameo210369

I like the dial but that strap would be a nuisance, I believe golf is a nightmare for your watch.