Sign in to follow this  
offshore

A newb again?

offshore

Think most here will know or remember me, hope so anyway.

I just like to hang around here from time to time, to see that the old(new) house, is still in a modicum of order.

Not too many predated me on the old forum, and I now am a gen collector, with very few reps left.

However the info available from these places, makes damn sure when I buy a gen, I know what I am looking at.

And if I ever have some misgivings on a piece, we have a bunch of very knowledgable WIS, many who have become absolute experts in their brand ID abilities, to advise on how kosher a particular watch is.

So the rep forums, also can be manna from heaven for collectors of genuine pieces.(C'ept most don't understand this fact!)

Enjoy your forum guys... we have vacuumed the "bin" at my home, (it was left pretty tidy anyway,) and I will drop by from time to time to say Hi, and make sure someone is doing a bit of maintenance around here.

Best of luck to the team,

Offshore

Edited by offshore

onzenuub

Allways welcome Offshore

greg_r

Hi Offshore, good to see you here :D

Yes, maintenance will be an on-going process. I have my bucket and mop already :wink:

JohnG

Welcome Offshore! Hope to see you around the new Animal House...

trailboss99

Hey offshore, you'r welcome any time mate. It's at least as much your home as ours. Comments and sugestions allways welcome.

Col.

PS:Sorry about the "noob" bit :D But with out the old DB there wasn't much we could do.

alphakazi

welcome offshore

graman

Offshore!

Great to see you mate!

Demsey

Offshore! Thanks for the drive by.

Just so you know, it wasn't wasted these past two years that folk like you, Nanuq, By-Tor others stopped by periodically to wave a semaphore message from just beyond the reef, and especially in By-Tor and Bob's case make good contribution with regard to 'replica'. I know too full well your personal situation(s) and opinions with the past regime. It were big of you all in gesture.

Roger too on the replica:genuine relationship. If nothing else all these years I could now spot a fake Submariner from 100 yards. And as many of us found out through our experience with replica 'models' as 'test drives', living with a rep for months/years is a great way to determine what genuine counterpart you may want to invest in...............

Cheers!

Demsey

omni

Everything Demsey said plus, "you'll always be older than me by a couple of months". :notworthy:

AllergyDoc

Weren't you the guy that took the big fishing trip in Hawaii? Got another one planned for '09?

Guest dave123
And as many of us found out through our experience with replica 'models' as 'test drives', living with a rep for months/years is a great way to determine what genuine counterpart you may want to invest in...............

Cheers!

Demsey

Indeed,what else would reps be for?... :notworthy:

iabounty

Hello and welcome Offshore. Make this place a habit mate. Relax unwind and have fun.

coolfire

Extremely nice to see an old timer drop by.

Such a gentleman..