Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

Festina

SteveA

A small local jeweller/watch shop has just opened up and among the few Rolex,1 panerai and couple of 2nd hand Brietlings is a full window display of Festina Swiss made luxury watches.I have never seen them before so had a look they range from around £125 - £250 are quite nice looking,feel well made etc but I found out they are based on Citizen Japanese movt(not sure if quartz or not).I then thought whats the point because I d rather buy a Citizen at that price,what do you think are they Swiss ,are they any good,what sort of movement ?

bme
A small local jeweller/watch shop has just opened up and among the few Rolex,1 panerai and couple of 2nd hand Brietlings is a full window display of Festina Swiss made luxury watches.I have never seen them before so had a look they range from around £125 - £250 are quite nice looking,feel well made etc but I found out they are based on Citizen Japanese movt(not sure if quartz or not).I then thought whats the point because I d rather buy a Citizen at that price,what do you think are they Swiss ,are they any good,what sort of movement ?

Heres a bit of Wiki for you..............

Festina is a watch company. It was founded in 1902 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The manufacture's motto was Festina Lente (Latin for 'Hasten slowly'). In 1984, Spanish industrialist Miguel Rodriguez, already owner of Lotus watches bought Festina and created the group Festina Lotus S.A.. Since this takeover, the company headquarters have been located in Barcelona, Spain. Their watches are exclusively assembled on Citizen Watch Company Japanese movements, and therefore are no longer Swiss Made. Festina owns now Candino Watch Company in Bienne, Switzerland, the seat of their Swiss distribution.

sjb

Heres a bit of Wiki for you..............

Festina is a watch company. It was founded in 1902 in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The manufacture's motto was Festina Lente (Latin for 'Hasten slowly'). In 1984, Spanish industrialist Miguel Rodriguez, already owner of Lotus watches bought Festina and created the group Festina Lotus S.A.. Since this takeover, the company headquarters have been located in Barcelona, Spain. Their watches are exclusively assembled on Citizen Watch Company Japanese movements, and therefore are no longer Swiss Made. Festina owns now Candino Watch Company in Bienne, Switzerland, the seat of their Swiss distribution.

I have a Festina (Quartz) that I have had for about 5 or 6 years,bought in Spain,its still going strong.Good quality.

Only issue is the catch on the bracelet doesn't work properly.

I need to get it replaced in Spain I guess.