Sign in to follow this  
Myway

Breitling Chrono Avenger White

Myway

Hey guys I need some help with this watch im looking at buying. I am set on the styling just need help with quality and closeness to the original. I understand it is a rep. however I am looking for a good rep not crap. Please let me know if this is even close to the original. I cant even find a picture of the original.

Here are some pics shown

Many thanks,

jameo210369

Hi Myway,

You have supplied a link to perfect clones web site, not to a watch.

JohnG
Hi Myway,

You have supplied a link to perfect clones web site, not to a watch.

Its a link to the chrono avenger white dial, just redirects to main page for some reason.

I think the chrono avenger is a pretty good rep, but not 100% sure.... anyone?

Myway

Yeah guess the link doesn't work darn...

JohnG
Yeah guess the link doesn't work darn...

It doesn't matter, someone will know if that is a good rep. It for sure isn't a bad one, but it might be average, above average, awesome....

Or you can do a search and see what turns up... there probably has been discussion of it in the Breitling section... but either way, someone who knows is bound to come along soon....

Luthier

Are you talking about Super Avenger or Avenger Skyland?

If Super Avenger - here's mine from Mary, and it's greatest rep. of Breit. ever.

01-15.jpg

06-18.jpg

05-16.jpg

WR.jpg

Aha, I see, you're talking about 43mm Avenger. I have one with black dial, also from Mary, and it's as good as Super Avenger.

Both are great reps, very close to gens.

004.jpg

DSCF0035-1.jpg

JohnG

I think that is the Skyland Avenger, a little different than the Chrono Avenger, and the Skyland doesn\'t come in White dial. Also, the Chrono Avenger is all titanium:

rep:

Breitling_794.jpg

Here is a gen:

304100d1279063499-fs-breitling-chrono-avenger-m1-white-dial-sale-withdrawn-dsc02125.jpg

Luthier

True, John, I never seen Skyland with white face.

JohnG

added pic of gen above, At first glance the rep looks pretty dead on.

JohnG

hmmm, maybe that rep site uses gen pics?

Let me find others....

JohnG

Here is what By-Tor says on RWGjr:

Two versions going around. The bad one has a mineral crystal (its possible that it's sapphire, but it sure looks plasticy like mineral) without AR and a silly looking bezel pearl that screams fake. But there's better one with the correct bezel and good AR coating. Dials look good. Highly recommend it. Short story: Back when I only wore/bought/sold gens, someone sold me a gen Avenger and sent me one of the Joshua Avengers on eBay. I noticed the AR wasn't perfect when I first got it, but I thought maybe it was just a factory flaw or perhaps the original owner had the AR polished off. Well I wore it for a few months loving it, thinking it was the real Breitling I had paid for. One day, the clasp breaks, so I drive it down to the Breitling service center to drop it off. They called me and told me that they opened it up to check the movement-- and it was fake! The Breitling service center was SHOCKED by the quality of this rep. A year later, I found RWG.

Azgjav's last minute notes about the rep:

- Case and bracelet are almost exact. The genuine is a bit bigger.

- Crown guards on the gen are flatter.

- Bezel screws on the gen are ti/brushed but the one on the rep are polished.

- Printing on the dial is larger and sharper on the gen, thus the dial of the gen appears to be bigger and has more contrast.

- AR coating on the gen is more pronounced. the AR coating on the rep does not cut out as much glare.

- Bracelet and clasp are exact on the replicas minus the serial numer and model number.

- Date font way off on the rep.

Myway

Don't get me wrong I love the super avenger just don't know if I can pull that big of a watch off and thought the chrono avenger would be around 45mm and just be the mini version of your beautiful super avenger

JohnG

gen pic posted on WUS. There must be more than one version of gen, the one above has date at about five, subdials at 2, 6, 10... , here it is with date at 3, subs at 6, 9 12:

lemans2008013.jpg

Compare to Josh's pics...

JohnG
Don't get me wrong I love the super avenger just don't know if I can pull that big of a watch off and thought the chrono avenger would be around 45mm and just be the mini version of your beautiful super avenger

Keep in mind it is titanium, which is very light weight, and slightly greyish in color. Not everyone likes it.

Another option is the chronomat evolution, smaller like BCE, but stainless:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/bl10082-chronomat-...800-p-6263.html

Gen:

A1335611.G569-357A.jpg

Myway

I like that watch just think it looks a little dressy. I think im trying to create my own watch here haha thanks for y'als help maybe the super avenger is my only option

JohnG
I like that watch just think it looks a little dressy. I think im trying to create my own watch here haha thanks for y'als help maybe the super avenger is my only option

How big is your wrist again?

Also, you could always get the Skyland and swap in a white Chrono Avenger OR Chronomat dial. It would be a "fantasy" watch - but it would also be one of a kind. I think it would be awesome. And trust me, you would probably win the lotto before you would run into someone who knows that Breitling never made a watch like that. Seriously, you could perhaps even find a dealer such as Mary willing to have the dial swapped before shipping, or AT LEAST find out if the dials are the same size and if so sell you one, then you have a watch maker swap them....

Myway

Two versions going around. The bad one has a mineral crystal (its possible that it's sapphire, but it sure looks plasticy like mineral) without AR and a silly looking bezel pearl that screams fake. But there's better one with the correct bezel and good AR coating. Dials look good. Highly recommend it. Short story: Back when I only wore/bought/sold gens, someone sold me a gen Avenger and sent me one of the Joshua Avengers on eBay. I noticed the AR wasn't perfect when I first got it, but I thought maybe it was just a factory flaw or perhaps the original owner had the AR polished off. Well I wore it for a few months loving it, thinking it was the real Breitling I had paid for. One day, the clasp breaks, so I drive it down to the Breitling service center to drop it off. They called me and told me that they opened it up to check the movement-- and it was fake! The Breitling service center was SHOCKED by the quality of this rep. A year later, I found RWG.

- Printing on the dial is larger and sharper on the gen, thus the dial of the gen appears to be bigger and has more contrast.

- AR coating on the gen is more pronounced. the AR coating on the rep does not cut out as much glare.

- Bracelet and clasp are exact on the replicas minus the serial numer and model number.

where do you get joshua avengers? does this guys have an email?

JohnG

where do you get joshua avengers? does this guys have an email?

Josh is the name of the owner of Perfect Clones, the site you were linking to. You can probably get a little better price from one of the dealers here, like Mary. That said, he is a reliable dealer.

Myway

great thanks

Myway

How big is your wrist again?

Also, you could always get the Skyland and swap in a white Chrono Avenger OR Chronomat dial. It would be a "fantasy" watch - but it would also be one of a kind. I think it would be awesome. And trust me, you would probably win the lotto before you would run into someone who knows that Breitling never made a watch like that. Seriously, you could perhaps even find a dealer such as Mary willing to have the dial swapped before shipping, or AT LEAST find out if the dials are the same size and if so sell you one, then you have a watch maker swap them....

7.5"

Myway

my wrist is 7.5

JohnG

I have a 7.75" wrist, basically the same as yours, and I wear the Super Avenger - here are wrist shots:

Imagen025.jpg

Imagen011.jpg

Imagen046.jpg

JohnG

Couple of pics of the same watch on leather with deployant:

Imagen039.jpg

Imagen042.jpg

Imagen120.jpg

w204

I have a 7.5" wrist too and initially I had doubts about pulling off a Super Avenger.

superavenger.jpg

Judge for yourself if it is too big or small on my 7.5" wrists.