Cigarsmoker_1

WOW the mods work fast here :decapcheer:

The Cigarsmoker

<RJ>

good work.

:popcorn:

seclark007

Yeah..... :rofl:

This post is proof positive that every single one of us has asked at least one stupid question here :D

I believe this was question #33 for me, but I lost count......and my memory of this particular post.

Interesting to see all the comments....noob bashin' et all :D

greg_r

Yeah..... :rofl:

This post is proof positive that every single one of us has asked at least one stupid question here :D

I believe this was question #33 for me, but I lost count......and my memory of this particular post.

Interesting to see all the comments....noob bashin' et all :D

fortunately most of my embarassing posts were on the old board... :D

..... well, when I say "most"... um..... :blush:

black263

Actually this raises an interesting question. The non-TD sites out there break down into three categories. 1. Defiite Scam. 2 Definitely good. 3. Don't know. Clearly, our TDs started off as cat 3, then progressed to Cat 2 before being given TD status.

Nowadays, we have our list of TDs, and we are recommended only to buy from them. However, in my time, I have seen new TDs added, and a couple dropped to probationer. But how do these non-TDs progress to become trusted, if no-one buys or is allowed to report on a non-TD site,

I would be interested in some idea of the timescale, and the process that they have to go through before they are admitted here, and how a member could recommend a non-TD for consideration, without being, flamed, gulagged or banned. (I don't have any sites in mind by the way -- Apart obviously from www.goatbothering.co.uk :suck: which is the only non-TD site that I have Greg's permission to publish.)

greg_r

Actually this raises an interesting question. The non-TD sites out there break down into three categories. 1. Defiite Scam. 2 Definitely good. 3. Don't know. Clearly, our TDs started off as cat 3, then progressed to Cat 2 before being given TD status.

Nowadays, we have our list of TDs, and we are recommended only to buy from them. However, in my time, I have seen new TDs added, and a couple dropped to probationer. But how do these non-TDs progress to become trusted, if no-one buys or is allowed to report on a non-TD site,

I would be interested in some idea of the timescale, and the process that they have to go through before they are admitted here, and how a member could recommend a non-TD for consideration, without being, flamed, gulagged or banned. (I don't have any sites in mind by the way Apart obviously from www.goatbothering.co.uk :suck: ) Which is the only non-TD site that I have Greg's permission to publish.

The process varies. Sometimes a member will contact me - or post on here - about a dealer they've used and have found to be good (WI started that way as Luthier had been buying from Mary for some time). Others have been found on auction sites (PWC came to us from iOffer, for instance - I'd been buying from him since before he was a dealer on any of the boards), others just by word of mouth. A few approach us and ask to be considered.

The process thereafter can take anything from weeks to, in some cases, well over a year (we'd been talking to Kuvarsit for about 14 months before they came on board). It invariably starts with a test purchase (usually more than one). If we're impressed with the way they do business then we'll talk to them - occasionally there are issues that we will help them work out. If everything goes well, then they'll be offered a spot here as a probationary dealer.

Not every dealer makes the grade - we're quite particular about who we invite to be a dealer here and we've rejected more than a few over the years.

Note that the majority of sites posted by newbies tend to be the well-known scammers who have managed to put a lot of effort into their Google rankings. We regularly get shills plugging their own sites as well.

black263

Interesting. Thanks.