Sign in to follow this  
Balad1

Oris ProDiver Chronograph, 51mm (Gen)

JohnG
I'll let you guys be the Guinea pigs and see if you get the old "we no gotty in stock, picky nother" BS.

I think I be a wait'n for Mary, I be a trust'n her mo.

I emailed TS to see if they have it in stock with white and ss bracelet, but I guess they don't?

crewldude
I'll let you guys be the Guinea pigs and see if you get the old "we no gotty in stock, picky nother" BS.

I emailed TS to see if they have it in stock with white and ss bracelet, but I guess they don't?

I emailed them last night and they said they had the white w/SS bracelet...that's why I ordered. So we will see...I'll keep my fingers crossed! :mrballs:

JohnG

I emailed them last night and they said they had the white w/SS bracelet...that's why I ordered. So we will see...I'll keep my fingers crossed! :)

Okay cool, I couldn't keep who had what straight. Mary says the factory is out, Silix shows it in stock, someone said another dealer had it, but only on rubber.... I emailed TS, waiting for a reply, will order ASAP if they have it, NEED that watch!

KeNnY

JohnG has got fewer !! :)

JohnG got that fever. That Bieber fever. Yeaaaaaaaaah Yeaaaaaaaaah Yeaaaaaaaaah Yeaaaaaaaaah Got got got fever. Got got got fever.

:P

Waipio Jeff

Why is it so hard to find a fucking 100 dollar quartz watch? This is not V25 of the DSSD or the new Pam 005K!

JohnG

Okay, just ordered from Silix. I tried to order last night, but the PP adddress on the site is out of date, they sent me an invoice with the new address, paid, went through, no problem.

Now I have to wait.

I haven't felt like this since I was a virgin.

:)

KeNnY

please JohnG, tell us that story :P

super ! :) I hope you will get it soon ! So you went with White or Black dial version ?

JohnG
please JohnG, tell us that story :D

I was twelve, and she was my baby sitter. What memories. :lol:

super ! :) I hope you will get it soon ! So you went with White or Black dial version ?

White, other than a blue dial Omega homage and a white dial SA, everything I have is black, need more white:

Here is TS's pic again - better than Silix's, so behold, again:

:drool:

7990-52369-thickbox.jpg

KeNnY

I hope that quality of Silix will be the same like TImeshops AWESOME pictures !! I must really give point to TS, his pictures are amazing, and then you want to buy all his watches !!

I wonder how the bezel lock mechanism will work on this.

JohnG can't wait for your review and wristie shot !!! :lol:

Balad1
I hope that quality of Silix will be the same like TImeshops AWESOME pictures !! I must really give point to TS, his pictures are amazing, and then you want to buy all his watches !!

I wonder how the bezel lock mechanism will work on this.

JohnG can't wait for your review and wristie shot !!! :lol:

Excellent question about the bezel rotation and lock Kenny. In watching the Oris gen video the mechanism looked quite complex for a rep.

Baldrick

You pull it up..rotate it..push it down to lock it..it then freewheels !

Scavolas

Size differences aside from the "real" Carlos Coste Chrono LE (47 vs 44 mm), I truly wonder about the quality of the bracelet, not speaking of its lug size. By 108.00 USD at TS, even for a Japanese quartz, with an appearant build quality like this, it should be a no-brainer.

Only complaint of a purist would be whether this white dial model existed in a gen?

please JohnG, tell us that story :D

I was twelve, and she was my baby sitter. What memories. :lol:

White, other than a blue dial Omega homage and a white dial SA, everything I have is black, need more white:

Here is TS's pic again - better than Silix's, so behold, again:

:drool:

7990-52369-thickbox.jpg

Edited by Scavolas

KeNnY

Thanks Balders, so it is like a gen working ! GREAT !:lol: Why don't you please make an video , of your Oris rep, so we can all drown on it ??? Pleeeeeeeeeeease

Baldrick

No need. it works exactly the same as shown in the official Oris video, no difference !

Sorry, let me re-phrase that, the one I have works the same, I can't testify to the accuracy or operation of any other dealers version!

The white dial is a fantasy !

JohnG
Size differences aside from the "real" Carlos Coste Chrono LE (47 vs 44 mm), I truly wonder about the quality of the bracelet, not speaking of its lug size. By 108.00 USD at TS, even for a Japanese quartz, with an appearant build quality like this, it should be a no-brainer.

Only complaint of a purist would be whether this white dial model existed in a gen?

Its mislabelled, not a Carlos Coste, its a ProDiver, 51mm. That I am aware of the gen doesn't come with White dial, but I could care less. I have yet to meet anybody who knows the name Oris, never mind whether this particular model comes in white or not. Besides, I never pass them off as gen.... I let people look at them, then tell them they are fake. They are always pretty amazed, because even if they don't know the watch, they all have the feel and weight of expensive watches...

Also, anyone notice the dial says "quartz"? Nice detail - since it would be silly to have "automatic" on a quartz watch dial. But the gen says "automatic". Again, if you are worried about being "called out" - how many people on the planet know that this watch was ONLY available in black dial with auto movement?

KeNnY

Baldrick I know it works like the GEN, but can't you do just the video for us ? Showing the operation of your rep ? Come on , don't be shy ! :lol:

Baldrick

Mine says neither !

KeNnY
Also, anyone notice the dial says "quartz"? Nice detail - since it would be silly to have "automatic" on a quartz watch dial. But the gen says "automatic". Again, if you are worried about being "called out" - how many people on the planet know that this watch was ONLY available in black dial with auto movement?

Yes, I like the detail, when the watch is Quartz, there should be quartz written :lol: as for the fantasy models, I am wondering to create an Rolex DSSD with white dial.. I will post pictures, and if somebody will like it,maybe I will mod 1/2 DSSD and sell them :)

Baldrick

No Kenny, I can't !

crewldude

Its mislabelled, not a Carlos Coste, its a ProDiver, 51mm. That I am aware of the gen doesn't come with White dial, but I could care less. I have yet to meet anybody who knows the name Oris, never mind whether this particular model comes in white or not. Besides, I never pass them off as gen.... I let people look at them, then tell them they are fake. They are always pretty amazed, because even if they don't know the watch, they all have the feel and weight of expensive watches...

JohnG, I feel the same way...I like the way this watch looks...I don't even care if it's not the full 51mm like the gen, it's still obviously a substantial watch. And as you said, how many people have heard of an Oris anyway? Goodness, 80% of the people who notice my Breitling or UN reps have never heard of them...if it doesn't say "Rolex", most people are oblivious...

Balad1

JohnG, I feel the same way...I like the way this watch looks...I don't even care if it's not the full 51mm like the gen, it's still obviously a substantial watch. And as you said, how many people have heard of an Oris anyway? Goodness, 80% of the people who notice my Breitling or UN reps have never heard of them...if it doesn't say "Rolex", most people are oblivious...

Unless you confirmed otherwise I believe the watch will be 51mm and the listing is incorrect. It will be interesting to see when you get it.

crewldude

Unless you confirmed otherwise I believe the watch will be 51mm and the listing is incorrect. It will be interesting to see when you get it.

If it's 51mm, that will be fantastic! I'll be sure to post some pics when I get it.

Scavolas

Both dealers being mentioned above specifies it as a 44 (and 44.5) mm. Not that anyone would want to have a 51 mm monster... especially in SS instead of Ti.

If it's 51mm, that will be fantastic! I'll be sure to post some pics when I get it.

Balad1
Both dealers being mentioned above specifies it as a 44 (and 44.5) mm. Not that anyone would want to have a 51 mm monster... especially in SS instead of Ti.

I would even if I never wore the fucker, lol.

crewldude

If this thing IS 51mm, it's a monster...found this pic comparing it to another (more reasonably sized) Oris dive watch.

Baselworld2009OrisProDiverTAGHeu-38.jpg