Sign in to follow this  
Steve227

Panerai Rattrapante

Steve227

Seems like the quality of Panerai reps are getting pretty awesome of late (including the straps!). A few of the trusted dealers are advertising rattrapante models.

As an example here is TS's 286J:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=12462

Does anyone know how the asian 7750 copes with a 2nd second hand? Obviously not expecting the functionality of the gen but just curious as to how a rep deals with this. Would the 2nd second hand be static? The pusher at 8 is obviously for aesthetics but anyone received one of these?

Cheers

Steve

powderfreak
Does anyone know how the asian 7750 copes with a 2nd second hand? Obviously not expecting the functionality of the gen but just curious as to how a rep deals with this. Would the 2nd second hand be static? The pusher at 8 is obviously for aesthetics but anyone received one of these?

Asked myself the same question when I first saw those Rattrapante models. I think it would make sense to let them both run together, I believe this is how the gen seconds hand start. At least thats what it does here, right:

A rep would probably just miss the function of stopping the lower seconds hand n letting it catch up would also be impossible of course.

gottahaverolex

I'll let you know this week, I have one on the way from Josh!

mbjoer

Don't get this one. They make a super rep, and then they expand the range with one of those where anyone can spot it is a fake.

Non-functioning buttons and claims like rattrapante on the dial is too obvious. Just one innocent person asking how the rattrapante works and you are done.

gottahaverolex
Don't get this one. They make a super rep, and then they expand the range with one of those where anyone can spot it is a fake.

Non-functioning buttons and claims like rattrapante on the dial is too obvious. Just one innocent person asking how the rattrapante works and you are done.

99% of anyone but a watch enthusiast will have no idea what they are looking at. The same percentage have never even heard of Panerai. Not to worry... I never hide the fact that my watches are reps, it actually has people doubt that it's even a rep when I tell them. They think I'm messing with them. Either way I could care less about what someone thinks of my watch. Otherwise you make yourself crazy trying to find that perfect 1:1 rep so people won't questions it's authenticity. Chances are even if you are wearing a gem people will assume it's fake

KeNnY

just tell them, that secret non functioning button, kills one person in the world when pressed, so that is why you don't press that button, because you don't want to kill somebody... ENDE

Pringles

Or.... Let them find it out! they will look suprissed when nothing happend