Sign in to follow this  
taylorwinn16

49mm Hublot Big Bang with a 6in wrist?

taylorwinn16

I have a very small wrist, but I really want this watch. The biggest watch I have currently is a 2007 Yachtmaster II, not sure of the size, but the face of the watch with the strap holders is about as wide as my wrist is. If i get the Hublot will the face overlap over the side of my wrist?

Here is the Hublot I want

http://www.watcheden.biz/hublot-big-bang-w...-83780-p-1.html

Luthier

Taylor... First - it's the ugliest Hublot ever, and I do love Hublots.

Second - it's a Quartz, but it's not as bad as it's ugly look.

And third - it's 49mm. On 6" wrist it will looks silly.

My advice - there's plentuy of 40mm Hublots on market, just search.

http://www.1-pc8838.com/aroxia-edition-40mm-c-317_318.html

Balad1
I have a very small wrist, but I really want this watch. The biggest watch I have currently is a 2007 Yachtmaster II, not sure of the size, but the face of the watch with the strap holders is about as wide as my wrist is. If i get the Hublot will the face overlap over the side of my wrist?

If I remember correctly the YM II is 40mm and the BB is 49mm.

I'm thinking it won't work for you but let's hear what others have to say.

Mystery Shopper

Mate, unless you wanna hang it round your neck on a chain like Flava flav, I can't see it working. I bought my AP off another member, as it was too big for his wrist. Similar story here I'm afraid.

SAM_0102.jpg

taylorwinn16
Taylor... First - it's the ugliest Hublot ever, and I do love Hublots.

Second - it's a Quartz, but it's not as bad as it's ugly look.

And third - it's 49mm. On 6" wrist it will looks silly.

My advice - there's plentuy of 40mm Hublots on market, just search.

http://www.1-pc8838.com/aroxia-edition-40mm-c-317_318.html

Well I want a Thick, complicated black watch w/ rubber band, with a little red just like this. I happen to like it alot. What might be one that you could suggest?

that link didnt work by the way

Dendo

I have 8 inch wrists and this one is big on me and stupid on you...

IMG_0451.jpg

but this one would be fine...... I got it from Robert one of our trusted dealers...

IMG_0959.jpg

Cynikal.Mindset

Breitling avenger blacksteel. 45mm done deal!

Dendo

IMG_0959.jpg

Forgot to say this is 43mm if I remember - and totally black ceramic on rubber - nice detail and looks and wears great.

taylorwinn16
Breitling avenger blacksteel. 45mm done deal!

link?

taylorwinn16

Just looked at the Breitling Avenger Blacksteel... way better than anything Ive seen so far, but alas, too expensive for me. I can only put in about $130.

brucezx11

My wrist is almost 9" it would look normal on my wrist, I dont know if you should go with a watch that big. I have the opposite problem. I cannot wear a watch thats smaller than 44mm. If I do it looks like a ladies watch on my wrist.

Rav747

Just get whatever you want. If the f1 is what you like, just get it. I do agree with what everyone has said in regards to it possibly being big, but at the end its how you feel about the watch and you.

Rav747
Just looked at the Breitling Avenger Blacksteel... way better than anything Ive seen so far, but alas, too expensive for me. I can only put in about $130.

I know you can get the quartz version from Robert for 100. Nor including shipping.

Luthier
that link didnt work by the way

You should click twice, and fast.

taylorwinn16

I know you can get the quartz version from Robert for 100. Nor including shipping.

Robert??

and whats the diff between automatic and quartz?

Rav747

Robert??

and whats the diff between automatic and quartz?

Robert as in prestige watch company.

The movement qtz will tick while 7750 auto will sweep. The sweep is very similar to the gen. The ticks will give away its a not the gen watch. But that comes at a price 299. At least that's how much I paid. Usually if you get the auto the casing, the workmanship is much much better than the qtz watches. Unless its someone like Robert who has same case and everything as the auto and the only diff being the movement. I would say save up and get the auto. You will love it. Mine is the sa- super avenger.48mm. I font think I have a huge wrist, I haven't even measured mine, but it looks great and is one of my fav pieces.

Edited by Rav747

JustinCase

Whoa, Dude! 49mm a 7-in wrist. Thta's wristy business!

I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist and I can tell you exactly how this watch will look and feel like because I've been there.

It will look like you are wearing a can of tuna--except it's much more expensive and the content is not edible.

It will feel like you are dragging along a boat anchor! This watch may be big...but it is also thick! You'll not be wearing it, it will be the one wearing you...down.

As for look, I have to agree with some other RWG members: this is easily one of the least attractive Hublot BB around, to put it kindly.

May I make a suggestion: check out this Hublot BB Ceramic. The style is fairly similar to the one you showed except far more attractive in my opinion. And i'ts only(!) 44 mm--that't about the limit on a 7-inch wrist--and best of all, Mary, one of our trusted dealers, can get it for you.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7689

As for the 49 mm Hublot, this is what the always logical Mr. Spock from Star Trek had to say, and I paraphrase: Sometimes wanting is far more satifying than having.

It's best to forget this 49-mm monster and your wrist will thank you for it!

Cheers,

JT

taylorwinn16

Whoa, Dude! 49mm a 7-in wrist. Thta's wristy business!

I have a 7 1/2 inch wrist and I can tell you exactly how this watch will look and feel like because I've been there.

It will look like you are wearing a can of tuna--except it's much more expensive and the content is not edible.

It will feel like you are dragging along a boat anchor! This watch may be big...but it is also thick! You'll not be wearing it, it will be the one wearing you...down.

As for look, I have to agree with some other RWG members: this is easily one of the least attractive Hublot BB around, to put it kindly.

May I make a suggestion: check out this Hublot BB Ceramic. The style is fairly similar to the one you showed except far more attractive in my opinion. And i'ts only(!) 44 mm--that't about the limit on a 7-inch wrist--and best of all, Mary, one of our trusted dealers, can get it for you.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=7689

As for the 49 mm Hublot, this is what the always logical Mr. Spock from Star Trek had to say, and I paraphrase: Sometimes wanting is far more satifying than having.

It's best to forget this 49-mm monster and your wrist will thank you for it!

Cheers,

JT

Yea that is a sick watch, wish I had the $330.... trying to find one i can affor (under $150). Timesshop has a bunch but all the cheaper ones are quartz, or if they are automatic, are 49mm. Can't seem to find that 44mm auto for the right price. I guess ill just go with the next watch on my list, either a black submariner or a silver Patek skeleton....