Sign in to follow this  
Del

Breitling Avenger Skyland v3 from WatchInternational

Del

Little introduction is needed for the Breitling Avenger Skyland v3 with Asian 7750 movement from WatchInternational - it is widely accepted as one of the best "out of the box" reps available. I've admired it for some time and finally took the plunge and ordered the grey dial version from Mary a few weeks ago, and boy am I glad I did - what a stunning watch!

Rather than spec it with the polished s/s bracelet (which has a bit too much bling for me) I opted for the rep Breitling black leather strap with "friction fit" deployment clasp. I also puchased a rubber Diver Pro strap to give me another option for the future.

As usual, the transaction with Mary was faultless (apart from intially receiving the wrong QC pics :popcorn:) and the watch arrived in perfect condition in the usual white polystyrene box (which is such a good method of protecting a watch during transit imo).

The watch operation has been spot on so far with no running issues whatsoever (it appears to be running slightly slow at the moment but I've not actually carried out any formal accuracy tests yet).

The crystal (and AR) is incredibly clear (similar to my PAM288) and I hope some of the photos below will show you this.

The infamous lume dots are all pretty much on the money and you'd need to look very closely to see some small imperfections so no complaints there.

The lume itself is very good, not to Superluminova standards but certainly easily good enough not to warrant a re-lume.

I'm not sure what else to add at this point except to say that I adore this watch and I hope you like my photos ;).

p3265699v2.jpg

p3265701v2.jpg

p3265702v2.jpg

p3265703v2.jpg

p3265705v2.jpg

p3265706v2.jpg

p3265708v2.jpg

p3265710v2.jpg

p3235625v2.jpg

p3235623v2.jpg

p3255651v2.jpg

mulder

That is one sweet watch Del. I hope my Navitimer is that good and Im sure it will be.

David

Legger

Lovely watch. Enjoy it mate.

Del
That is one sweet watch Del. I hope my Navitimer is that good and Im sure it will be.

David

Thanks mulder :lol:. Look forward to seeing pics of your Navitimer!

Lovely watch. Enjoy it mate.

Thanks mate, I know you like this one too :lol:

KeNnY

ob beauty-full watch del !!! I will get me one soon ! On bracelet ! :lol: thank you for review and nice pics

seclark007

Del, sweet piece. I know it's probably on a thread somewhere, but do I understand right that there are no performance concerns with the 7750 when the date is at 3? What did your research reveal?

Del
ob beauty-full watch del !!! I will get me one soon ! On bracelet ! :lol: thank you for review and nice pics

Thanks kenny :lol:

Del, sweet piece. I know it's probably on a thread somewhere, but do I understand right that there are no performance concerns with the 7750 when the date is at 3? What did your research reveal?

Cheers mate :picard:. It's more to do with where the seconds are - this has seconds at 9 which is the default (and more reliable) position for the A7750 movement.

digger2

Wow!

Great pictures, looks very good, congratulations!

Del
Wow!

Great pictures, looks very good, congratulations!

Thanks digger ;)

GC

You already know i think the watch is a STUNNER...

Your photog is truly wonderful!

Enjoy it often Del!

jameo210369

Another great pick up Del, enjoy her.

Balad1

Great looking watch Del!

Damn Brother, you're buying a lot of reps lately. What's your secret to hiding it from the wife? I'd like to use the same technique, lol.

Del
You already know i think the watch is a STUNNER...

Your photog is truly wonderful!

Enjoy it often Del!

Thanks GC, it's partly your fault I bought this :lol:

Another great pick up Del, enjoy her.

Cheers jameo :thumbsup2:

Great looking watch Del!

Damn Brother, you're buying a lot of reps lately. What's your secret to hiding it from the wife? I'd like to use the same technique, lol.

Thanks Balad :D - yes, I've had a wee flourish of new reps but I've sold a few too. My wife now doesn't know (or care I suspect :lol:) how many watches I've got so that suits me fine ;).

Balad1

My wife doen't care about how many watches I have either but she does give me that look when the postal carrier rings or the CC bill arrives.

Of course in good male fashion I ignore her, lol.

Del
My wife doen't care about how many watches I have either but she does give me that look when the postal carrier rings or the CC bill arrives.

Of course in good male fashion I ignore her, lol.

:lol:

Always get them delivered to your work - another top tip :lol:

Luto

Nice review and pics - mulling over an Avenger myself. How does it compare fit/size wise to a DSSD?

Del
Nice review and pics - mulling over an Avenger myself. How does it compare fit/size wise to a DSSD?

Thanks Luto :picard2:

It wears very similarly to the DSSD, although it's 2mm bigger, plus the chrono buttons too. I have a small wrist but I don't find it an issue, especially on the leather strap. I think most people accept that the DSSD wears bigger than its 43mm so I don't think you'll find much difference between them.

I love it!

Luthier

Great watch, bought one myself from Mary a year ago, and it's still one of my favs.

What's next, Del? I bought Super Avenger right after, will you?

:picard2:

David543

Great watch Del. Good photography too, nice to see all the angles. Yet another watch to add to my 'want one' list. How can I get a Daytona, King Power F1 and Breitling without my wife noticing.... :picard2:

Del
Great watch, bought one myself from Mary a year ago, and it's still one of my favs.

What's next, Del? I bought Super Avenger right after, will you?

:blink:

:picard2:

I like the Super Avenger but I think it's too big for my wrist :facepalm:

Del
Great watch Del. Good photography too, nice to see all the angles. Yet another watch to add to my 'want one' list. How can I get a Daytona, King Power F1 and Breitling without my wife noticing.... :picard2:

Thanks David :blink:

Getting new reps past the wife is an art that you will learn through practice :facepalm:

surfer2278

Great looking watches and excellent photos. Congrats!

pollux1

I have the same one Del, on bracelet and the strap. IMHO I reckon the strap is as good as the gen on a friend of mine's :)

tsomers

Bought mine today from Mary! Can't wait to get it!

crewldude

Beautiful watch, Del! Enjoy!