Sign in to follow this  
SuperbMonster

Sending back to China experience.

SuperbMonster

I’m writing this for noobs like me who have worried about the process of sending back a watch to a TD. Having now been through the process I thought I would share my experience in case it helps others.

Back in April RWG had a bit of a wobble and was offline for a few days. Having suffered terrible withdrawal symptoms I celebrated with a purchase of a nice shiny new PAM that was on special with one of the TDs.

A couple of weeks later the order arrived and my excitement turned to disappointment when I noticed the crystal had a small crack. I considered getting it repaired but given the cost of the watch was so low I thought I would take the plunge and send it back.

I feared it might get stuck in customs, turn up empty, get lost, take for ever or be damaged in the repair process etc.

Having contacted the TD, they gave very clear and explicit instructions including what postal service to use and what to write on the customs declaration and address detail. Being ultra cautious, I photographed everything including it being packed, the address and customs details and the receipt. On 13/5 off she went, tracking confirmed it landed into Beijing sorting centre 3 days later and for the next 3 weeks, that’s where it stayed. I got confirmation it had been signed for and the TD updated me that it had been collected and sent for repair. So far so good.

The very next day I received QC pics of the repair! All looked fine so these were accepted. Happy days. I didn’t hear anything for a couple of weeks so I enquired if it had been dispatched. The TD confirmed it had been sent and provided a tracking number. As standard, when I went to check the tracking number I find out that a delivery attempt was made that day so I would be off to the post office to collect the next day.

So all in all, it went pretty smoothly. From the point of sending back to receiving the repaired item was about 6 weeks. Far less scary than I had imagined.

Slink73

I too have sent a watch back to one of the TDs. I think the key point you make here is to do exactly what you are told. Use the recommended postal service, label it as they state and be patient.

I unfortunately have yet to find a local watchsmith (laziness more than they don't exist) but the service I got was exceptional and surprisingly quick. I guess it's why they're TDs!

I also put a gen TAG in with an AD and it was gone for nearly 3x as long and the bill was eye watering. Another reason to be thankful for all the effort this forum has put in to making this hobby way more fun than it should rightfully be.