Sign in to follow this  
watch5

Good watch to wear starting a career

jrodshibuya

I think a Rolex Explorer is a good choice - classy and understated.

I can understand the difficulty, but at the end of the day most people won't notice your watch, and even if they do they will assume it was a gift so no real problem. But avoid gold and diamonds :lol: And maybe don't wear a different one every day.

Edited by jrodshibuya

vonGluberschmidt

mont blanc timewalker?

class.

affordable gen's (used that is)

and really good quality reps for it, providing you never take it off your wrist.

the rotor is a dead give away on the reps.

or TAG Calibre 16.... not the Grand Carrera or Pendulum imo.

Dragonscape

Should you decide on Rolex stay with stainless vintage models, NO Daytona's

Otherwise take a look at Roberts album he had some some very nice rectangle

leather strap watches

wat44

OMEGA non chrono

andygt

Wear a gold Patek strapped to your penis.

On your first day repeatedly slap your new boss round the face with your Patek cock whilst shouting 'now you know what time it is, motherfucker!'.

This will alpha male him into submission therefore ensuring you have a long and prosperous career.

charlie sheen

that doesnt work, Andy - I know because I tried it at NBC

stolikat

Dont be a dipshit. Dont even wear a watch unless it is a casio.

Do you want a raise? I could care less about what all the rest of these lads say. I live on the west coast of the US. Yes they will respond to what you have on your wrist. Best bet is a old calculator watch.

There is stupid money here. Nobody shows it. Ride a bike.

stolikat
that doesnt work, Andy - I know because I tried it at NBC

JohnG's Multinic..what a fan boy...

wat44

I love you, Charlie - even if others dont

David543
So I would say hold off on rolexes and flashy watches until you know who judges a person by his watch at the office.....

I hadn't really been thinking 'Rolex' as they are the one watch people know. If you get a replica of one of these, make sure it is a really good one and not out of keeping with your possible means. At 45 and in my job I can get away with anything I guess, but if I had no money I would be careful about wearing a Rolex to the office. Anything else would be fine as I said before and reiterated by others, most other watches people haven't got a clue!

A lot probably depends on you. I'm a petrol head, music loving watch fanatic so I have/ had serious performance cars, pretty good hi-fi and some great watches. All better than my bosses cause they are not petro heads, not music loving and wouldn't know a decent watch if it 'slapped them around the face'. But that's just me, hell I used to ride a sports bike to work, not a lot of people in audit do that.....

Edited by David543

baruch
Wear a gold Patek strapped to your penis.

On your first day repeatedly slap your new boss round the face with your Patek cock whilst shouting 'now you know what time it is, motherfucker!'.

This will alpha male him into submission therefore ensuring you have a long and prosperous career.

HAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAH

phillycheez
I'm sure this has been asked plenty of times, and I hope that I'm not beating a dead horse, but as a male finishing his last semester of college and starting at one of the big accounting firms, what is a good watch to wear? I already own a few reps of high end watches, but as a first year, I can't walk into work wearing an Ice Bang or some other watch where the GEN costs >$10,000. People in the workplace are jealous as is, so wearing what they would believe is a high end watch would probably hurt my reputation.

So, with that being said, what would a clean, professional, non-chrono watch be for a first year? Also, one that could or should be worn with a leather band (I'd like to get a custom strap to sport it up maybe).

I'm thinking the PAM 005, but I already have the 111... I don't know.

Thanks everyone!

i graduated in accounting too and always thought what my life would be like in one of the big four... in the end it just wasn't for me. My dad whos a CFO pretty much told me how they treat entry level accountants and it ain't pretty (imo). I'd be burnt out by the time im 30 doing what they do. Either way, congrats! seriously, that is quiet an accomplishment getting a job at one of those firms as it's extremely competitive.

as for a watch... well considering you are probably wearing a suit i'd go for a rolex explorer I, omega railmaster, or concepta's IWC mark XVI. These are clean and simple watches that look good in anything business.

All of the above are totally believable to own (if anybody questions and knows their watches) and hell, it was a graduation present!

Whatever you end up getting, just remember the watch is an accessory of your wardrobe as a whole. you are wearing the wrong watch if the watch is the first thing people notice when they walk up to you or (i hope not) remember you.

my advice is to splurge and get a nice collection of business clothes to wear to work with an understated watch(s) to go with it.

dress the position you desire

Member X

+1 to dressing for the position youmre aiming for.

I'd look into getting some made to measure or bespoke shirts made - will stop you having to suffer the terribly shaped and sized shirts that are usually churned outl

turnipz

I would probably go with one of those zenith defy extremes, it shows you know a lot about fashion and are good at dealing with money.