Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

[UPDATE 9]Your oppinion on self made New type Rolex DSSD dial

KeNnY

Thank you Rolf ! :thumbsup2:

Thanks Cynikal, will try to arange it.. it would help BIG time, if you could also post picture with some red circles or lines, so I could see it what you see :paddy_gold:

Cynikal.Mindset

here is a rough MS paint alignment line drawing...its kinda off but you can go by it roughly...I'm at work and all I got is MS paint

rough.jpg

KeNnY

thank you cynikal, the first pictures are old version dial.

Yes I will try to arrange it how you drawn in paint, thank you ! :Praying:

RacingSnake

Great job Kenny. Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Did you say you'd corrected 'perpentual' to 'perpetual'?

Is 'ft' in the correct font?

KeNnY

RacingSnake, thank you. Yes, the perpetual word is corrected in my psd.. As for the correct font, non of it is correct font, because the font DOESN'T exist for free :) Rolex has got its own "font maker" so you will not find font 100% the same like rolex.. Nevertheless, the picture you see, is atleast 10x bigger than what you will see on the watch. Trust me, you will not spot so many differences when the actual picture will be 2,73 cm in diameter ;)

sixbennetts

Are you going to use water slide decals to apply? If so, go to your local hobby shop and ask for a product called Sol-set. It actually dissolves the plastic decal sheet, leaving just the paint of the decal. I used to use it on plastic models to make the plastic sheet dissappear, making decals look perfectly hand painted.

KeNnY
Are you going to use water slide decals to apply? If so, go to your local hobby shop and ask for a product called Sol-set. It actually dissolves the plastic decal sheet, leaving just the paint of the decal. I used to use it on plastic models to make the plastic sheet dissappear, making decals look perfectly hand painted.

exactly I wanted to use that type of decal !!! :) And on what printer did you print? Ink or Laser ? I will do check my hobby shop for Sol-set, thank you for your HINT ! :)

dingle
:notworthy:

sixbennetts

Not sure on the printing, sorry. Maybe consult a professional printer in your area? I know you can get custom decals made, check the back pages of Fine Scale Modeler magazine.

MikeMcNair

getting close, i can still see a few things i would try to correct, but damnit you are doing REALLY WELL!!!!! keep it up bro, and i have a REAL GOOD EYE for the tiny differences if you want me to point them out. i am not doing that now cause i dont want you to think i am picking apart your work, because i thin it is fantastic!!!

KeNnY

Thank you all :thumbdown: sixbennetts must to that... will try an ink printer for printing photographs, and we will see how it will turns up. I need something with 2400DPI+ for the best detail.

mikemcnair nono, I will not feel that !! Please, if more you can point up the things then better... I will only say, the differences in font, and the MOST hard thing to correct. And when I would correct font, it would be the last stage taken (like changing some letters etc.) You can help me by pictures, how to align the text, or a bit reposition. I can't always see all flaws. :facepalm: I thank you for your further input.

Will try to work on this on weekend..

KeNnY

Okay TODAYS UPDATE:

rolexdssddialnomark.jpg

and with markers

rolexdssddial.jpg

What do you think ? Is it it ? :bcake:

KeNnY

UPDATE8: 1. The ROLEX "R"; the lower rh leg is bowed iso straight

2. The ROLEX "O"; is oval iso round

3. The "oyster" "s"; the top curve should be equal to the lower one.

4. The DEEPSEA "S" the top curve should be equal to the lower one.

rolexdssddial.jpg

rolexdssddialnomark.jpg

Slim

It looks good. But I think the characters need to be spaced out a little more in "DEEPSEA". Possibly a little too tall as well.

KeNnY
It looks good. But I think the characters need to be spaced out a little more in "DEEPSEA". Possibly a little too tall as well.

If I space them a bit more, they will be out of range or alignment. :) Too bad that I can't find a better picture of the new dial.

rolex116660deepseadialm.jpg

UPDATE9: "DEEPSEA". was a little too tall.

rolexdssddialk.jpg

Del

I think it looks amazing kenny - very, very close :P

KeNnY

Thank you Del ! :P Well it is time to print it, to see how it will looks like printed. Because it is different to see it in 27cm that it should have max 2,7cm :D

jdoe

Looks like the S in DEEPSEA might benefit from a little more curvature at beginning and ends?

RacingSnake

It just keeps getting better. Keep up the good work Kenny.

KeNnY

Thank you for your input jdoe, will try something today to upgrade it.

Thank you Racingsnake :)

KeNnY

Also possible for custom DECALS addition !!! I really like the sign "No Radiation" :lol: I would put some lume compound on the radiation sign, so it will glow in green at nigh (and use tin colorant to be red in daylight).

rolexdssdnorad.jpg

EDIT: yes forgot to mark out the radiation sign, but you will get the idea....