Undinist

Noob from London looking for a silly gold Rolex!

Undinist

Hi everyone, I was just stunned to discover that this forum exists. I was expecting all watch forums to be totally against discussion of fakes. I had no idea that there was a comparatively safe way to buy a vaguely convincing fake. So now I'm getting excited about wearing a £150,000 ultrabling Rolex like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Yellow-Gold-Rainbow-Daytona-Ref-116598RBOW-/292158357883?hash=item4405fec17b:g:NUUAAOSwT5xZSbga Somebody stop me!

Monkey_Business
RepGuy
Hi everyone, I was just stunned to discover that this forum exists. I was expecting all watch forums to be totally against discussion of fakes. I had no idea that there was a comparatively safe way to buy a vaguely convincing fake. So now I'm getting excited about wearing a £150,000 ultrabling Rolex like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Yellow-Gold-Rainbow-Daytona-Ref-116598RBOW-/292158357883?hash=item4405fec17b:g:NUUAAOSwT5xZSbga Somebody stop me!

That watch is collectively known as the Gaytona

Wriggles
:vomit:

Thommo82

I'm saying this for your own good mate

That is the most horrible looking abomination EVER

There are some really beautiful Blingy watches available

I'd search abit more before pulling the trigger on that, thing

Monkey_Business

Says the man with the shite Chanel.. ^_^

What was it that you said to me that time.. "To each their own.."? Or something?

Thommo82
name='4pekatt' timestamp='1500322412' post='2012937']Says the man with the shite Chanel.. ^_^

What was it that you said to me that time.. "To each their own.."? Or something?

Chanel was for and chosen by my missus, so your point is irrelevant.

GenTLe

There's nothing worst of a fake rolex with fake diamonds. Get something more classy man.

RepGuy
There's nothing worst of a fake rolex with fake diamonds. Get something more classy man.

Like a diamond covered AP

GenTLe

Like a diamond covered AP

Exactly, if "bling" has to be, then this with a properly done handmade aftermarket crocodile strap:

royal-oak-41mm-15402-ss-full-paved-diamonds-jf-1-1-best-edition-diamonds-dial-on-blue-leather-strap-a3120.jpg

(https://www.intime01.co/audemars-piguet/3831-royal-oak-41mm-15402-ss-full-paved-diamonds-jf-1-1-best-edition-diamonds-dial-on-blue-leather-strap-a3120.html)

Mr_B
But-Why-GIF-Image-Download-20.gif

Undinist

Gosh, replies, how exciting! Thank you everyone.

I've gone right off that Daytona - when I looked closely at the pics of reps, all the "diamonds" looked like the cheapest, nastiest plastic known to man. Are there any rules for noobs about how to choose bling? For example, should one go for Swarovski as a minimum? Should one expect to pay a supplement for moderately convincing bling? All the bejewelled Rolex bezels I've looked at seem to be similar quality to a toy in a Christmas cracker. Anyway, I have yet to see a rep of the leopard Daytona, which is the one I really want. :nana:

RepGuy
Gosh, replies, how exciting! Thank you everyone.

I've gone right off that Daytona - when I looked closely at the pics of reps, all the "diamonds" looked like the cheapest, nastiest plastic known to man. Are there any rules for noobs about how to choose bling? For example, should one go for Swarovski as a minimum? Should one expect to pay a supplement for moderately convincing bling? All the bejewelled Rolex bezels I've looked at seem to be similar quality to a toy in a Christmas cracker. Anyway, I have yet to see a rep of the leopard Daytona, which is the one I really want. :nana:

Almost all of the fake bling will look equally horrible. There's no way to get around the fake plastic look when the entire watch is covered in them. Honestly, I don't care what you're into or get, but I will tell you that those blinged-out reps are much more crude than say a normal non-diamond Rolex. The market for these types of diamond covered watches are much lower than the market for more moderate, classic versions, and as a result, the factories put less effort into making them look as accurate.

I'm going to take a guess that you're on the younger (< 20) age. I cant imagine an older man wearing anything this crazy

Undinist

I'll concede that the bling is unwearable. Unless you're drunk. Even then it probably makes more sense to wear something which is a different type of stupid..say the Deepsea Challenge, or a 60 mm Panerai.

My shopping list is just too long!

RepGuy
I'll concede that the bling is unwearable. Unless you're drunk. Even then it probably makes more sense to wear something which is a different type of stupid..say the Deepsea Challenge, or a 60 mm Panerai.

My shopping list is just too long!

I don't think you're interested in reps for the right reasons. If you want something outlandish and flashy, I would suggest any of the fashion brands available online (Diesel, Gucci, ect).

Undinist

That's such an odd post. Am I being trolled?

RepGuy
That's such an odd post. Am I being trolled?

I think you're the only troll here.

Undinist

So tell me, oh wise one, what are the right reasons to buy a rep watch? And who decides what the right reasons are?

RepGuy
So tell me, oh wise one, what are the right reasons to buy a rep watch? And who decides what the right reasons are?

Oh stop, you're making me blush. But I'll indulge you...

I don't think buying a rep for the sheer "shock value" is a good reason to go the replica route. Like I mentioned, there are plenty of outlandish genuine fashion watches that will have the same effect. You have no specific rep in mind, and instead want a watch that is, "a different kind of stupid".

Like I said before, I don't care what your preferences in style are, but I suggested to look into fashion brands to not bring undue attention to reps if it can be helped. A person, whether young or old, trying to show off the most obnoxious rep they can get for the sheer shock value and attention isn't doing anybody good.

Undinist

Oh for heaven's sake. If you think that blingy watches threaten the existence of reps, the people to blame are the manufacturers, not the customers. The notion that one person buying a watch can stop the Chinese from ripping off the IP of big brands...it's such an obtuse idea that I still think you're trolling me.

What's really stupid is buying the gen watches. The profit margins, the huge bribes paid to racing drivers and tennis players...it's absurd. I say this as a past owner of a submariner, a submersible, a doppelchrono and a few others. Still got a Bell and Ross Hydromax, which lives in a drawer because I really ought to sell it before I scratch it.

RepGuy
Oh for heaven's sake. If you think that blingy watches threaten the existence of reps, the people to blame are the manufacturers, not the customers. The notion that one person buying a watch can stop the Chinese from ripping off the IP of big brands...it's such an obtuse idea that I still think you're trolling me.

What's really stupid is buying the gen watches. The profit margins, the huge bribes paid to racing drivers and tennis players...it's absurd. I say this as a past owner of a submariner, a submersible, a doppelchrono and a few others. Still got a Bell and Ross Hydromax, which lives in a drawer because I really ought to sell it before I scratch it.

I'm not talking about protecting the genuine brands. I don't think many people care about these companies, which is why we're all here buying reps.

BadApple
wind_em_up_md_wm.gif

chenchaoq

I am a jackass

Monkey_Business

Sod off you fucking twat

narikaa
On 18/07/2017 at 02:53, RepGuy said:

That watch is collectively known as the Gaytona

(said in a Crocodile Dundee voice)

Thats NOT a Gaytona

Thiiiis is a Gaytona: