Sign in to follow this  
terma-nator

Looking for replica watch dealer in Shenzhen, China

terma-nator

I have a friend in who lives in Shenzhen who I just asked to look around for a rep watch dealer.

I know that Shenzhen is close to Guangzhou, so maybe they also have replica manufacturing there as well?

Anyway, please give me any info that you know that I can tell him.

Please give me actual information rather than speculation.. I need to give him precise details because his English isn't very good.

If there are any dealers who actually have web sites from Shenzhen, even better.

I live in Brazil, and he is coming here in May for a medical trade show. So I figured what better way to bring the watches than a personal courier?

Shipping these watches here is very difficult, I already had one shipment confiscated by customs.

I suppose that I can just order from one of the "trusted" dealers, but I know that he can get a better price since he lives there.

Edited by terma-nator

jdoe

Would think you'd be better off contacting one of the trusted dealers and have them send him the watch to bring it over.

Don't you love them 60% import duties of Brazil?

Edited by jdoe

Balad1
Would think you'd be better off contacting one of the trusted dealers and have them send him the watch to bring it over.

I agree, rather than put your friend on the spot to track down the dealer and purchae the reps.

Arrange with someone like Mary to make the purchase and have them shipped to your friend's house.

Mary: [email protected]

It might cost more but won't put you friend out and you'll get your reps through customs.

KeNnY

Now that is SIGNATURE ! :lol: Sorry to crap the topic, but I had to answer....

As like Balad said, you could hook up with Mary

terma-nator

They don't tax these watches, they destroy them after they seize them.
I agree, rather than put your friend on the spot to track down the dealer and purchae the reps.

Arrange with someone like Mary to make the purchase and have them shipped to your friend's house.

Mary: [email protected]

It might cost more but won't put you friend out and you'll get your reps through customs.

It will cost more, that's the reason I asked the question. Why do you think people make a "pilgrimage" to China to go to the "watch city" for? They hope to bypass the fake watch dealers and save lots of money.

I've been to Asia before and seen how cheap most things are....I want cheaper watches too!

Now that is SIGNATURE ! :rofl: Sorry to crap the topic, but I had to answer....

As like Balad said, you could hook up with Mary

My signature and avatar just have just some of my current interests and hobbies!

I'll still be looking for a watch place in Shenzhen.

greg_r

Quality reps are hard to find in Shenzhen unless you have a decent contact.

terma-nator

Which is exactly the reason for my post!

Balad1

If you were involved in an illegal activity would you want your contact information given to a total stranger?

Buy the watches from Mary and have them shipped to your friend's house.

It's quite enough to ask him to smuggle them through customs for you.

terma-nator

If you were involved in an illegal activity would you want your contact information given to a total stranger?

If I asked for advice on buying from a dealer, I wouldn't be buying from Mary, she's not reliable. To this day, she still hasn't returned my emails. But I didn't ask for advice, nor am I involved with illegal activities.

Cynikal.Mindset

hahahaha...terma-nator you are quite the arse clown aren't ya?

Balad1

My friend, if you want me to read you bedtime stories and only tell you what you want to hear please let me know. Otherwise I will give you the best advice I can and not sugar coat it.

If neither of these work for you then...

untitled-4.jpg

Ska

Mary is one of the best dealers around. The reason some e-mails slip the net is that a.) she's so popular she simply can't deal with them all (she's not a team of people like TimesShops) and b.) she's recently been very ill and has only been working short days whilst she recovers after a number of hospital stays.

Your attitude and tone has begun to worsen in your last few posts. I suggest quietly that you reign it in a little and respect the fact that whilst the advice you're being given isn't necessarily what you wanted to hear, it is being given freely by people with longstanding experience of a very secretive, transient and illegal world which you know next to nothing about.

Shenzen is NOT a good place to buy good reps. None of the factories or dealers we use on this forum are based there. The kind of contacts you are looking for ARE the dealers. Do you imagine that the factories are going to reveal their whereabouts to a complete unknown?

If you go to the GZ watch market to buy a rep, you would have to talk to a DEALER, not a factory representative. You would have NO forum support and would have the same chance of being ripped of as the thousands of other tourists and internet buyers who purchase $20 crap for $300.

If you use Mary as many others have said, she can get the watches directly to your friend from decent factories in GZ and he can bring them through customs for you. This is by far the simplest and cheapest way to get what you want.

I can tell you now though, that given your attitude on this thread on your 6th day as a member here there's no way in hell any of us will be recommending you to a dealer any time soon.

Balad1
Mary is one of the best dealers around. The reason some e-mails slip the net is that a.) she's so popular she simply can't deal with them all (she's not a team of people like TimesShops) and b.) she's recently been very ill and has only been working short days whilst she recovers after a number of hospital stays.

Your attitude and tone has begun to worsen in your last few posts. I suggest quietly that you reign it in a little and respect the fact that whilst the advice you're being given isn't necessarily what you wanted to hear, it is being given freely by people with longstanding experience of a very secretive, transient and illegal world which you know next to nothing about.

Shenzen is NOT a good place to buy good reps. None of the factories or dealers we use on this forum are based there. The kind of contacts you are looking for ARE the dealers. Do you imagine that the factories are going to reveal their whereabouts to a complete unknown?

If you go to the GZ watch market to buy a rep, you would have to talk to a DEALER, not a factory representative. You would have NO forum support and would have the same chance of being ripped of as the thousands of other tourists and internet buyers who purchase $20 crap for $300.

If you use Mary as many others have said, she can get the watches directly to your friend from decent factories in GZ and he can bring them through customs for you. This is by far the simplest and cheapest way to get what you want.

I can tell you now though, that given your attitude on this thread on your 6th day as a member here there's no way in hell any of us will be recommending you to a dealer any time soon.

Good advice, plus Mary might also be afraid of some type of Chinese sting operation. I don't know how serious the goverment is getting about disrupting the dealers.

PS: If Mary won't answer you try Lay at Replica Make http://www.replicamake88.com or Mark at Time Shops http://timeshops.net

Baldrick

There are noobs and then there are NOOOOOOBS, :facepalm:

HTWFAIP :thumbdown:

TAGster
If I asked for advice on buying from a dealer, I wouldn't be buying from Mary, she's not reliable. To this day, she still hasn't returned my emails. But I didn't ask for advice, nor am I involved with illegal activities.

So now Mary is UNRELIABLE just for not replying your emails?.

Sorry mate, but I must say: you do not have a clue of what are you saying. As other fellow RWGers just stated, Mary has been kind of ill and also she do not replies emails as if there were chat instant messages, she takes her time and because of that she is one of the best dealers around.

Just as an example of how RELIABLE Mary is: I got a watch from her last month, the watch just stopped working the second day, then I sent emails to tell her about the problem, she gave me some suggestions in order to diagnose/solve the problem and try to avoid the need to send the watch all the way back to CN. Unfortunately, at the end it was not possible to make the watch work again, so she told me to send it back, she provided me with precise instructions on how to ship it, in order to assure she will get the package. Then she toke the watch to the factory and they told her the movement was broken and there was no way to repair it, the only solution was to replace the movement, so she paid for the new movement and now my watch is on its way to my home... oh, and the EMS shipment cost (around 25 bucks) was also paid by her. So, is she reliable or not?.

I think, neither me nor anyone here can´t give you the information you are asking for, just because that should be kind of "inside knowledge" if you know what I mean, but I can tell you that if the fellow RWG veterans are telling you to get in contact with a trusted dealer and have them source the watch for you and then ship it to your friend´s house, trust me, that is the best answer you will get from here or other boards.

Cheers!

jdoe
But I didn't ask for advice, nor am I involved with illegal activities.

Ehh, I think you might need some legal advice :D

prestigewatchco

Personally I think this type of member should be encouraged to buy from Chinese sellers .

Everyone knows that Swiss 2836 only cost $35 and that 7750 watches are around at $30.

So look how much he can save by getting his friend to get them for him

Great idea I only wish I had a friend there

Who for free would risk arrest either smuggling or posting Fake watches for me.

There is no need to find a specific dealer there just ask any of them for AAA swiss and they will sell them to you they are all very honest and you are guaranteed to get Gen ETA and the best grade 7750 if you ask for them

coolfreddy

I didnt know she was sick. Poor thing she has been replying to all my emails and getting me the perfect watch I was looking for. I love her and safe to say I would marry her LoL

greg_r

:)

Mary is extremely reliable or she wouldn't be here. However, as others have said, she's been ill lately and is having trouble keeping up.

As for your response to my earlier post - maybe I didn't make it clear. There's very little openly around in Shenzhen, and it's difficult to make a connection there - even more so than usual at the moment. It is highly unlikely that you're going to find anything worth buying there.

As it happens, I do have a wholesale connection in Shenzhen with whom I have occasionally done business, but he's not going to deal with some guy off the street that he doesn't know.

rkane

:solkry:

Mary is extremely reliable or she wouldn't be here. However, as others have said, she's been ill lately and is having trouble keeping up.

As for your response to my earlier post - maybe I didn't make it clear. There's very little openly around in Shenzhen, and it's difficult to make a connection there - even more so than usual at the moment. It is highly unlikely that you're going to find anything worth buying there.

As it happens, I do have a wholesale connection in Shenzhen with whom I have occasionally done business, but he's not going to deal with some guy off the street that he doesn't know.

+1 to what Greg said. The only thing you'll pick up in Shenzhen without knowing people is the tourist tat from Luhou shopping centre. Granted the watches are cheap (you can haggle them to around $30 for most 21J Auto models) but finding anything decent is a nightmare. I've asked time and time again for the decent stuff, only for a runner to disapear around a corner and return with a bag of the same tat as before. Banter and haggling is fun tho :D

Balad1
I didnt know she was sick. Poor thing she has been replying to all my emails and getting me the perfect watch I was looking for. I love her and safe to say I would marry her LoL

Take a number, Luthier and I are ahead of you, lol.