Sign in to follow this  
By-Tor

I changed my opinion of Invicta

By-Tor

Check their website out. This used to be a ridiculous marquee, but now they have a lot of beautiful models there. The watches are still shit though.

https://www.invictawatch.com/calendars

GkzXPzg.jpg

SuperbMonster

Now we know why Rich really bought Mickey :)

Del
Now we know why Rich really bought Mickey :)

:lmao2:

Tits McGee

Completely photo-shopped. Here's one of the real Invicta girls:

d7knV7x.jpg

NCRich

Did someone say Invicta?????????

Tits McGee

There's medicine available for your condition now. It might make you a little sleepy.

acidus

How does Invicta quality compare to the better reps quality?

NCRich

There's medicine available for your condition now. It might make you a little sleepy.

aGpHlIl.jpg?1

By-Tor

How does Invicta quality compare to the better reps quality?

Hard to say, really. I had a few back in the day and those compared well to normal reps I guess. But then I've had many reps that run circles around Invicta. Especially the ones that dealers sell to forums and QC them.

The Ebel BTR rep (sorry for being repetitive) is a very well finished watch (being a rep). MUCH better than any Invictas (that I've seen). But I've had some shitty reps as well. "Quality" is hard to measure. Invicta didn't have any QC and if you were lucky you got a "decent" watch. If you were not lucky, you received shit... dial markers fell off... crown fell off, etc.

All in all... I think they compare nicely to average reps. Best reps are nicer, definitely. MUCH better finished. Like WM9/TC Sub for example.

Why I despise the brand is that they claim their watches retail like $1500 and sell them for $150. And some of their models are fucking UGLY. "Homages"... yeah right. Cheap knockoff is a cheap knockoff. At least reps are honestly what they are... forgeries made by crooks.

NCRich

Invictas are better than reps. That cheezy Mickey Mouse has a Seiko movement and is guaranteed water resistant and has a warranty. Without the Disney that is $75 on Amazon. One of the best deals going. Good quality, warranty, no comparison for the $. Invicta wins. But it is cheezy.

By-Tor

Invicta warranty. :D

I frequented the gen forums back in the mid-2000's and there were so many horror stories about their shitty quality, you wouldn't even believe it. Maybe they have improved who knows.

I had my oldest A7750 reps now running perfectly for 12 years, without any service. I've had a gen Breitling breaking (same age) during that time. And some reps feel much better than any Invicta I ever saw. Like this SMP chrono for example. Show me a Invicta that feels almost like gen Omega. And I own the gen SMP too. This rep is amazingly well finished and screams quality. How do you measure it (quality)? That's the question, isn't it? People have shitty Timexes running for 40 years straight... like me. :D

JHBJ7ip.jpg

But yeah... there are bad stories about A7750's too... I guess. The old one (low bph) was a shitty movement. And I don't use my chronos that much. Maybe that's a factor too... but I never, ever had any issue with A7750 movements. And I've owned a lot of those reps back in the day.

NCRich

For example the Mickey comes @ $125 shipped. It arrives in a Pelican case, branded. The case alone would be $50. Seiko movement, warranty......if you just want a watch a rep isn't going to compare.

LkjBVpq.jpg?1

hORujt1.jpg

and as I said, Seiko movement.

8oul2u6.jpg?1

iabounty

...................................................... (cough)

NCRich

By-Tor, I'm probably the only person with more watches than have ran through your hands.......I know what I'm talking about.

Tits McGee

aGpHlIl.jpg?1

So sad when your friend looses his marbles. There's no hope of enjoying time with them, having friendly discussions, or sharing a few laughs once they cross the Invicta line. I know. I've seen it. It's very similar to dementia. Soon Rich will be watching TV at 3AM and ordering 65mm watches for his collection and squandering his hard earned retirement portfolio. He'll end it all one day while sitting on the toilet with a shotgun, broken watches lying around, dirty t shirt, unshaven and unbathed, family gone. He'll end up an utterly hopeless and broken man. So sad.

Daffy

By-Tor, I'm probably the only person with more watches than have ran through your hands.......I know what I'm talking about.

Is the new, bigger house ready to move into yet? I know you wanted a "watch room" to house your collection...

Daffy

He'll end it all one day while sitting on the toilet with a shotgun, broken watches lying around, dirty t shirt, unshaven and unbathed, family gone. He'll end up an utterly hopeless and broken man. So sad.

Other than the toilet part, I'm right there...

NCRich

Anyway, shrimps on the barby. I gots to eat something after a hard day doing drywall.

By-Tor

Not questioning your authority here. Or bragging about how many watches I've owned. I'm saying that Invicta made total SHIT watches back in the mid-2000's. Or at least had very bad QC.I don't know how their quality is now. Maybe it's improved. I know for certain that their ZERO QC was famous in the gen boards. LOTS of complaints.

And that's not even the point, imho. They're cheesy, mostly ugly and use very questionable marketing tactics (not that they're only ones advertising $100 watches having $900 retail price). :D

By-Tor

Neil once put it nicely when someone said that "Invictas have Swiss movements".

TTK said: ""The only thing "Swiss" in those Invictas are if a Chinese child worker has accidentally dropped a piece of Toblerone to the movement."" :D

NCRich

They are still cheezy, my god they have ugly stuff. But they use better components and offer a warranty. So if its a question of quality vs. our normal we want it to look like a $8000 watch, yeah their quality is better.

By-Tor

They are still cheezy, my god they have ugly stuff.

We can agree on that.

But check out their new hot chicks in their website. I frequent their site a lot now... suddenly I find Invicta... hmm... very fascinating. :D

By-Tor

d7knV7x.jpg

The guy on the right already got one but the guy in the middle is still waiting for his first Invicta. :D

4gcCK6P.jpg

Daffy

I like the full gold Casio calculator.

Tits McGee

d7knV7x.jpg

The guy on the right already got one but the guy in the middle is still waiting for his first Invicta. :D

4gcCK6P.jpg

:lmao: