Sign in to follow this  
whirr

Extra links

whirr

Out of curiosity what do you do when you need extra links?

I recently contacted one of the trusted sellers about 3 watches I was interested in and inquired about extra links.

I was informed the watches are as is pictured and extra links are not available. Did I just get unlucky and should try another seller? or is there some other source for parts like this?

I can not be the only giant out there who tends to need to add 2 links to 41mm watches and at least 1 link to 43-45mm watches and I have never owned a 40mm but fear i may need to add 3 ;)

Fiddo

In general--

Some dealers don't have extra parts and pieces as they source (or dropship) the watches and don't keep stock on hand. Also, some don't want to deal with the hassles associated with selling parts and pieces. Some will get you extra links and stuff if you do enough business with them to justify the extra work etc..

Quite often other members have extra links. Which watches require the extra links?

Ska

yeah buddy, what are the watches in question firstly?

Secondly have you tried Mary? (Watchinternational) She's fantastic for getting parts for members.

Otherwise definitely post a Want To Buy thread and see if some members can help.

whirr
yeah buddy, what are the watches in question firstly?

Secondly have you tried Mary? (Watchinternational) She's fantastic for getting parts for members.

Otherwise definitely post a Want To Buy thread and see if some members can help.

I was looking at a few inexpensive ones at timesshop just to get my hands on a few reps to check them out.

Specifically a qaurtz tag aqua racer, because i have a friend w/ the gen(non quartz). A jap os chrono breitling again because I know someone with the gen. And lastly a 48$ rolex sub, to compare a 21J to a 2836 once I pick out the DSSD I want.

Now I am thinking I will just wait and start w/ the DSSD, but I may go look at a few other dealers for inexpensive reps too.

Luthier

I always ask the dealer to add a few extra links to the bracelet before shipping, to fit my 8" wrist, never had "No" in reply.

whirr
I always ask the dealer to add a few extra links to the bracelet before shipping, to fit my 8" wrist, never had "No" in reply.

So assuming wrapping a piece of string around your wrist and marking it, then measuring the distance between the marks is an accurate way to measure your wrist, I have 9.5" wrists ;)

Cynikal.Mindset

The problem is you are looking at cheap stuff. Nobody is gonna do extra work for the cheapies. If you were buying a higher quality/higher priced watch the dealers may be more inclined to get you the extra links needed.