Sign in to follow this  

Help Changing Models 16622 to 16610

I have a circa 2001 MBW 16622 that had faded type on the dial. I was wondering if I could use the case and rebuild it into a 16610.

I took the case apart and it appears that the bezel insert assembly is different than the replacements I see on line. Does anyone know if an in spec replacement assembly will work with this case?

Here is the case and the bezel assembly with the insert removed

Case-and-bezel-assembly.jpg

Here you can see the case without the bezel assembly. Notice the opening at 12:00 on the case, it functions as the click stop and operates bi-directionally.

case.jpg

Here is the case, bezel and retainer spring.

disassembled-case-and-bezel.jpg

Here is the bezel and the insert. The insert does not snap into the bezel, I think it was glued in and a pain to remove. It is quite thick and doesn't look like other thin snap-in 16610 inserts I see.

bezel-and-insert.jpg

Lastly, here is a profile of the case so you can see the height of the case. The crystal was lightly glued in place and popped right out, no retainer or gasket.

case-profile.jpg

So, will a conversion work or am I wasting my time. All opinions and suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your help.

Eiderdaus

imho you are wasting time, since the case from yachtmaster is not the same as for a 16610 sub. despite the fact that the case is polished and cases side shapes are completly wrong for a 16610, i do not the believe that a 16610 insert will fit this case.