Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Well look what I've gone and done...

greg_r

Well, it was like this. I was hanging out on RWI and noticed some photos that Hooli had posted of his PAM 024. Beautiful thing it is too. I had to have one, so I went looking around the usual dealers. Was just about to pull the trigger on an 024 with Lawrence when I made the mistake of dropping in on Robert's section at RWI. He wasn't listing an 024, but he WAS listing this, which made me forget my original intention in a hurry:

9233blackdate.jpg

PAM233 GMT 8 Days. Correct white on black datewheel. Seagull movement. Working PR indicator. AR. Correct strap for that model. Rollerball CG lever. Good Lume. $149!!!!! :rolleyes:

I just had to do it. If this is half as good as it looks in the photos, it'll be by far my best PAM at half the price I paid for my 111.

Only problem is that I still want an 024 as well - aaaand I almost pulled the trigger on a Rollie DDII & a DJ the other day. So much for cutting the watch buying down to 3 or 4 a year... :beerjump:

swissaddict

Oh man that looks good.. I love the look of that strap on it; so sleek and modern.. Nice choice! And I demand more pics when you get it!! :rolleyes:

greg_r
Oh man that looks good.. I love the look of that strap on it; so sleek and modern.. Nice choice! And I demand more pics when you get it!! :rolleyes:

haha - I'll happily accede to your demand when it gets here :beerjump:

Was a real no-brainer - the closer I looked at those photos, the better the watch looks. Just had to have it.

sconehead

What size is it? Look's good to me...

greg_r
What size is it? Look's good to me...

44mm

sconehead

I've got a UPO which I think is 45.5mm and is about as big as I could go with a watch but I believe Pams wear 'bigger' don't they?

NFleischer

good deal, looks great.

Luthier

All 8 days and 10 days I saw, had FAUX Power Reserve.

Ask dealer again, Greg.

greg_r
All 8 days and 10 days I saw, had FAUX Power Reserve.

Ask dealer again, Greg.

Versions with working PR first appeared last year.

greg_r
I've got a UPO which I think is 45.5mm and is about as big as I could go with a watch but I believe Pams wear 'bigger' don't they?

PAMs do wear fairly big, although not as big as some (my 46mm B&R feels way bigger than my 47mm PAM127, for instance).

oscarmadfish

looks good greg

btw you have no will power i have not bought a watch since my xmas deepsea pressie for myself

greg_r
looks good greg

btw you have no will power i have not bought a watch since my xmas deepsea pressie for myself

LOL!

You ain't kidding. I was pleased with myself having only bought one watch since Xmas (the 113), but I... just... HAD... to... buy... this... one... *twitch*... :D

The problem I find is that the longer I leave it between buying watches, the more watches I want and the further behind I get. I asked my doctor for some medication to help me with this condition, but he just showed me his Rolex, which made matters even worse... :suicide:

I blame Robert ;)

oscarmadfish

lol

KinCaidk

Looks awesome.

Thanks a lot Greg! Now I want it too ;)

Does anyone has some tips and tricks for the customs issue? No matter what I order, it always ends up in customs with me having to pay some stupid amount of money :D

trailboss99

Nice pam! Not yet a real pam fan but that I'd gladly wear. Wouldn't want to be a mm bigger tho (for me at least).

Col.

greg_r
Looks awesome.

Thanks a lot Greg! Now I want it too :suicide:

Does anyone has some tips and tricks for the customs issue? No matter what I order, it always ends up in customs with me having to pay some stupid amount of money ;)

Move to the UK? :D

trailboss99

Buy from a EU based dealer or have someone somewhere like the UK that has few issues take delivery for you and remail it from inside the EU.

Col.

JoeyB
LOL!

You ain't kidding. I was pleased with myself having only bought one watch since Xmas (the 113), but I... just... HAD... to... buy... this... one... *twitch*... ;)

The problem I find is that the longer I leave it between buying watches, the more watches I want and the further behind I get. I asked my doctor for some medication to help me with this condition, but he just showed me his Rolex, which made matters even worse... :suicide:

I blame Robert :suicide:

I'm not really a collector, I found you guys quite by accident when I decided I wanted a rep with a swiss movement. I've been to many of the sites, joined a few, learned a lot and bought my two GMTs. Settled on this site because it is a lot of fun, and learning while having fun here has been super. Who knew all the minute things you guys find 'off' in reps vs gens? Who knew that they rep all those other watches besides Rolex? I figured I'd hang around, have some fun, but really wasn't going to buy more watches as so many do. But you got to me. Allergy Doc posted about the Deep Sea and I just had to get one, and as long as I was there I ordered a gold President too. Two arms, too many watches! You got me! And I'm like a kid that can't wait until they get here! :D

sconehead
Looks awesome.

Thanks a lot Greg! Now I want it too ;)

Does anyone has some tips and tricks for the customs issue? No matter what I order, it always ends up in customs with me having to pay some stupid amount of money :D

I'm not sure if it applies to your country, but a watch that is being sent back to you after 'repairs' does not incur duty... :suicide:

KinCaidk
Looks awesome.

Thanks a lot Greg! Now I want it too :suicide:

Does anyone has some tips and tricks for the customs issue? No matter what I order, it always ends up in customs with me having to pay some stupid amount of money ;)

I'm not sure if it applies to your country, but a watch that is being sent back to you after 'repairs' does not incur duty... :suicide:

I actually tried that, but I still had to pay taxes of the work that was done on it. I think I payed almost 90 $ last time I received watches.

That kinda ruins the good deal :D

KinCaidk
Buy from a EU based dealer or have someone somewhere like the UK that has few issues take delivery for you and remail it from inside the EU.

Col.

It's not always an option to buy from a EU based dealer. This watch for instance is a great deal :D

But maybe it's a good idea to have a UK-mate buy it and remail it to me ;):suicide: