Sign in to follow this  
Ska

What does buying a replica say about you??? Chronocentric knows the answer.... Oh wait.... EPIC FAIL!!!

Ska

This made me laugh until it hurt. Particularly point 5.

According to Chronocentric.com here's what buying and wearing fake/counterfeit watches really says about the wearer:

1. Poor Grasp of Value - Replicas are made to sell by looking like something far more valuable than they are. They are seldom made for quality, carry no warranty, are made from cheap parts and are usually not worth repairing. They are basically overpriced disposable products, so are a poor value for your money.

2. Lack of Integrity - Those that choose cheap replicas to try to impress others that they have a real luxury watch are using falsehoods to represent themselves. So that makes people wonder what else about how you represent yourself is false.

3. Weak Ethics - Choosing replica watches shows the world that you are willing to support unethical and illegal businesses--not giving a care about the ethics and legalities involved if they get in the way of getting something that you want cheaply.

4. Gullible - Especially where someone unknowingly buys a fake, they show themselves to be easily deceived and someone that throws caution to the winds trying to get a super deal on an expensive item.

5. Isolated - Certainly there are no clubs for owners of fakes. No comraderie among fellow owners. No sharing of tips, tricks and performance issues. No assistance with operation, warranty or repair issues. Fake buyers are on their own with nobody to care, nobody to help and nobody to compliment or encourage them--except for the occasional person you might encounter that doesn't know enough about watches to realize you are trying to 'impress' them with a cheap counterfeit.

fail~0.jpg

Its worth noting of course that every one of those points is fulfilled by Fakemaster.

amuthon

poor isolated people we are.....

Ska

Its true - I can't take it anymore...... I only posted it to keep from crying.

amuthon

I like the word "gullible", :)

in germany this is called a gulli:

gulli.jpg

tesmith2112

Wow, this has really forced me to reevaluate my life. I didn't realize I was such a POS. Regarding #5... Perhaps someone should start a rep forum so we can share tips, tricks and discuss performance issues.

powderfreak

Ska, you forgot something, in the headline it says: Please replace the words "replica" and "fake" with "gen" in the following thext... if you read it that way, some points make sense :)

jrodshibuya

Wrong on all counts!

Balad1

Damn, do I need to increase my meds to stop this compulsion, I'd better bring this up next time I speak to my Psychologist ?

sconehead

...me too...in fact for some strange reason I now feel emasculated..better just get it over with and move to Asturias then...:)

Balad1
...me too...in fact for some strange reason I now feel emasculated..better just get it over with and move to Asturias then...:)

They got reps and beer there?

Pennywise

fRANKLY i THINK REPS ARE A BETTER BANG FOR THE BUCK THAN gENS, 46 GRAND FOR A ap? nO WAY!

Balad1
fRANKLY i THINK REPS ARE A BETTER BANG FOR THE BUCK THAN gENS, 46 GRAND FOR A ap? nO WAY!

Bite your tongue!

PS: By the looks of your avatar I'd like to refer you to my Psychologist; I'm sure he can help us both...

David543

Epically funny post. Point 5...... Are they completely unable to use the internet? :)

I belong to some Gen forums and they are no way as fun as this! :)

Drhulee

Hmmm, let's look at this another way ....

According to Chronocentric.com here's what buying and wearing fake/counterfeit watches really says about the wearer:

1. Poor Grasp of Value - Replicas are made to sell by looking like something far more valuable than they are. They are seldom made for quality, carry no warranty, are made from cheap parts and are usually not worth repairing. They are basically overpriced disposable products, so are a poor value for your money.

So it is considered a "poor grasp of value" if you pay a fraction the cost, and get a nearly identical product. Perhaps not in all cases, but in most.

2. Lack of Integrity - Those that choose cheap replicas to try to impress others that they have a real luxury watch are using falsehoods to represent themselves. So that makes people wonder what else about how you represent yourself is false.

As opposed to those many Rolex (and other gen brand) owners who merely make their purchase due to an advertising campaign. Really say a lot about their "integrity" doesn't it?

3. Weak Ethics - Choosing replica watches shows the world that you are willing to support unethical and illegal businesses--not giving a care about the ethics and legalities involved if they get in the way of getting something that you want cheaply.

I guess we better stop using Gasoline, drinking booze, buying anything made in China, or even eating most store bought meat ....

4. Gullible - Especially where someone unknowingly buys a fake, they show themselves to be easily deceived and someone that throws caution to the winds trying to get a super deal on an expensive item.

But paying nearly $10k for something that has about $600 dollars worth of parts in it just because it has a brand name on it ... not gullible at all.

5. Isolated - Certainly there are no clubs for owners of fakes. No comraderie among fellow owners. No sharing of tips, tricks and performance issues. No assistance with operation, warranty or repair issues. Fake buyers are on their own with nobody to care, nobody to help and nobody to compliment or encourage them--except for the occasional person you might encounter that doesn't know enough about watches to realize you are trying to 'impress' them with a cheap counterfeit.

Obviously I don't need to comment on that one :lol:

ebzen02

I am very depressed and must go into isolation and intospection.

ZellerFTW

Let us remember that this article was published in 2004... So item 5 may have been true at that time.

NFleischer

Guilty as charged.

ThinkBachs
depression.jpg

KeNnY

oh well, back to my black basement, where I feel safe with all my fakes, while listening the depressing sound of my isolation.....

manpic.jpg

solkryssare

Thats why I bought a gen. Finally I fell like I belong.....

sjb

What if you have both?.......what am I? :thumbsup2:

Del

:thumbsup2:

I don't think this could be any further from the truth! Epic Fail right enough! :D

sconehead
Thats why I bought a gen. Finally I fell like I belong.....

Sol, a gen will make no difference, your missus told us your pecker be short...:thumbsup2:

Ska

Yeah but thanks to alw at least it's perfectly clean!

;)

benc999

Always good to read this article.

Knowing that this guy is pissed off with the rep world is an inspiration to order some more.