Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

Why can't people just use the Trusted Dealers???

edwelly

I realize I am super new here, but why is it so hard for people to use the Trusted Dealers here? It just seems like everyday there is a new thread asking about a certain web site, when from what I can tell, just about every watch you may want is listed in one of the Trusted Dealers section. I understand that there is no guarantee on any rep watch, but why take the added risk???

Sorry if I am way off base here...

Erik

MikeMcNair

Off base? Hardly!!! People should heed your advice. The trusted dealers are here, and TRUSTED for a reason!!!!!!!

edwelly
Off base? Hardly!!! People should heed your advice. The trusted dealers are here, and TRUSTED for a reason!!!!!!!

I understand that I am new to this forum and new to watches so I didn't want to overstep my bounds...

side note: it's funny to think i am new to watches at being 37 years old, but I have learned more in the past 3-4 weeks about a watch then all of my 37 yrs combined.

Baldrick

You tell me, I have no clue, the Admin and members of this forum provide the best advice as do the dealers provide the best 'deals', but there are always some smarty-pants or cheap charlies who think the grass is greener elsewhere, stupidity abounds, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DEALER :unsure:

Balad1

You're not off base.

Many new members ask this question after becoming interested in reps from a scam site and finding RWG after searching for information.

So they ask their question here about the scam site they're interested in. Hopefully we can help them before they waste their money.

If I haven't told you before, Welcome to RWG Erik.

greg_r
I realize I am super new here, but why is it so hard for people to use the Trusted Dealers here? It just seems like everyday there is a new thread asking about a certain web site, when from what I can tell, just about every watch you may want is listed in one of the Trusted Dealers section. I understand that there is no guarantee on any rep watch, but why take the added risk???

Sorry if I am way off base here...

Erik

I sometimes find myself wondering the same thing B)

phillycheez

some people are just fuckin stupid.

IWM

I use trusted dealers and find them to be great however I can see why some people don't and it's probably because the non-trusted dealers advertise lower prices and/or have better pictures of the watches. Of course if everything were equal then trusted dealesr would be the obvious choice, but it's not so let's not be ignorant and say that everyone who doesn't think like us are stupid.

KeNnY
I use trusted dealers and find them to be great however I can see why some people don't and it's probably because the non-trusted dealers advertise lower prices and/or have better pictures of the watches. Of course if everything were equal then trusted dealesr would be the obvious choice, but it's not so let's not be ignorant and say that everyone who doesn't think like us are stupid.

by better pictures, you mean pictures of gens ? :D WHat I have so far seen, for me the TS has got awesome pictures of watches. But also Mary (watchinternational) has got also great pictures of QC photos :)

phillycheez

I was joking.... I almost ordered from a scam site 2 years ago. These forums have taught me a whole lot and saved me a ton of money (depending on how you look at it :) )

Baldrick
or have better pictures of the watches

Links please AND OR photos, or it never happened, I've yet to see ANY off-forum dealer that has better ( non-gen ) photos than dealers here :)

1 week and 3x posts deep and you've got a handle on it ?

phillycheez

Links please AND OR photos, or it never happened, I've yet to see ANY off-forum dealer that has better ( non-gen ) photos than dealers here :)

I consider gen pics technical better cause that's what people would be comparing.

Edited by phillycheez

IWM

So many people on this site have power trip issue just because they are vip supporter or what not. I used the pictures as an example and no one is arguing with me on the fact of the lower advertised price. I do admit that some of the trusted dealer have very good pictures (Mary from watch international for example), but other trusted dealers don't have good pictures or websites to showcase the watches. My login may be recent, but that doesn't mean I don't have a lot of knowledge about reps or buying them. I'm not new to this forum and I've been on other rep forums as well.

Silverspeed

So why not post a few examples, of the better pics and lower prices.

Most dealers use stock photo's provided by the factories, only a few dealers use their own pics on their sites

apart from the QC pics offcourse

phillycheez

I noticed most off forum dealers (scam sites) are usually priced too high with ridiculous specs.

Not sure if any off forum dealer prices lower than silix or watch eden

Baldrick
So many people on this site have power trip issue just because they are vip supporter or what not. I used the pictures as an example and no one is arguing with me on the fact of the lower advertised price. I do admit that some of the trusted dealer have very good pictures (Mary from watch international for example), but other trusted dealers don't have good pictures or websites to showcase the watches. My login may be recent, but that doesn't mean I don't have a lot of knowledge about reps or buying them. I'm not new to this forum and I've been on other rep forums as well.

Nothing to do with 'power trips', you never 'used ANY pictures', made a bold statement, back it up, or else you're just a noob with an attitude.

I'm not new to this forum and I've been on other rep forums as well

You are NEW to this forum, as for your expertise in reps, you have no track record exhibited, if you're an old member from other fora, why not elnlighten us, 'cos it seems you're not really familiar with other rep fora and how they / we operate.

Akira

Leave it Baldy... :D

You got the idea what he ment, even though he can't explain.

No need to wind him up further....

As to the topic of using non trusted dealers, it's just an ignorant attitude towards this rep boards.

After I found this site I never checked any other Rep dealer, since I learned in the beginning:

If our trusted dealers can't get the watch...no one can!

Simple as it is :)

Baldrick

Party-pooper :)

Silverspeed

yes I would like to see the better pictures and websites of these dealers

alw

I´ve always used Precioustime which isn´t on the list but I believe he´s an "approved" dealer here. Never had any trouble with PT which is the reason he´s my Trusted Dealer - plus he´s in EU.

Will try Robert in future if something catches my eye.

trailboss99
no one is arguing with me on the fact of the lower advertised price.

I am. I would like to see a non trusted dealer with lower average pricing on identical product than the trusted dealers. Exaples please.

HOWEVER: if no one ever used non trusted dealers we would not get new trusteds as dealers would never be "discovered".

For example, if Luthier had stuck to the trusted dealers we would not have Mary. If you know what you are doing buying "outside the box" every now and again can be a good thing.

Col.

Del

Power trip issue? What the fuck are you talking about?

We have a great selection of Trusted Dealers that, between them, can probably source 99.9% of reps that are available. As well as good prices and special deals, the Trusted Dealers give us after-sales support assurance should anything go wrong, which unfortunately in the rep world happens fairly often.

IF you can buy the same watch cheaper elsewhere then that's your choice but don't come on here spouting generalised, unsubstantiated claims about it and making false accusations about members of this forum. The Trusted Dealers may not get everything right all of the time (who does?) but they are a much safer bet than anyone else and have an excellent track record.

gtwc

Just my tuppence worth........

what's the "official" thoughts on the '2nd tier' dealers (like Josh & Andrew) who are not actually on

the Trusted Dealer list, but do come highly recommended?

(I have a vested interest in this answer!)

greg_r

Okay, you ask for the 'Official' standpoint, so here it is (although much of this is said on the Trusted Dealer List).

We don't have a relationship with Josh and Andrew, so can't help if things should go wrong. As it says on the Trusted List, the dealers we invite to have subforums are here because we genuinely believe that they are the best around. Most of the dealers that you see elsewhere would be glad to be here, but we are VERY particular about who we actually invite, which means that we have rejected several dealer requests for a sales area here.

Having said that, few of our forum dealers have extensive websites and we recognise that some people prefer to buy that way. Josh and Andrew have probably the best rep websites around, which is why we recommend them as an alternative. They can be a little more expensive than some, but they're easy to deal with and reliable. FWIW I've bought from both of them personally.

Akira

What's to recommend about Josh & Andrew?

Prices are higher than with any other trusted dealer.

Service can't be better.

So what's the point ?