Sign in to follow this  
Ivoitalia

2836/28800 vs 21J/21000 is there a big difference?

Ivoitalia

Was just wondering if there is a visible difference to the naked eye? Newbie and have just recently picked up a 21j DSSD from Robert. Great watch. In looking through the threads I could not find a link describing the specific visual difference of the movement.

As my new found addiction grows I am being overloaded with great info from the site. That being said any newbie advice and threads I should read would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Luthier

21J - 6 beats per second. It ticks.

2836 - 8 beats per second. It sweeps smoothly.

Yes, it is visible, and it is a giveaway, unless the movement of the genuine watch has 21,600 bph too.

Cynikal.Mindset

to some its visibly noticeable and to some its not.

Member X

Cynikal has it right - some can notice, some can't. Personally I prefer the high beat as it takes a pretty smooth 21.6kbph to not stutter!

Sublimize23
Cynikal has it right - some can notice, some can't. Personally I prefer the high beat as it takes a pretty smooth 21.6kbph to not stutter!

I have one 21J and a 2836, I'll only ever buy 2836 again. As far as I know it's also an advantage to buy an ETA or ETA clone because they are servicable by watchmakers, correct me if I'm wrong.

greg_r

On the wrist - provided the 21J is a fairly smooth one, they vary somewhat - it's not really visible. Close up it's certainly noticeable - but nobody who isn't seriously into watches would be aware of it.