Sign in to follow this  
ZellerFTW

What's wrong with this picture?

ZellerFTW

Okay, so I was sleuthing the Swisslab 7750 assemble/disassemble instructions for the chronograph complication (right here, then click on start/stop/reset to see only the interactive chronograph in action) and was carefully observing my PAM253 that the watchsmith fucked up (see my other thread) and I noticed something that may prove that these nitwits were jacking around with the movement.

crw4563.jpg

See anything strange?

Look at the chronograph cam:

whaaae.jpg

It looks to me like the guy removed the rotor, removed the automatic device bridge, saw the whole mess of gears and flat out panicked! Hastily, he put things back together as best he thought how, and then screwed the bridge back down and reattached the rotor.

The problem is that hammer 55.241 looks like it is not properly on its seating pin and is sandwiched between the automatic device bridge and the chronograph bridge. Thus, the chronograph cam 55.200 is not able to interact with the hammer spring at all.

Here's how it should look, according to Swisslab:

correctf.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts?

tsomers

I did this once with a transmission. Replacing a clutch, took off the wrong casing, saw all the gears freaked out and stuff it all back together. It was a major Fail!

Tom

Ska

That's a definite. Mate and would jam up the whole caboodle.

You've got em IMO

KBH

Interesting. Might be an easy fix, or not! Worth a try to move the cam lever back into place if it will go without stressing anything.

Note: I know nothing about these movements so don't break anything on my account.

Balad1

My thoughts are that I would stay on the jeweler/watch repairer for satisfaction. But I would recommend that after a certain point "let it go" "move on" and enjoy our hobby no matter what the outcome.

Sometimes it's not worth staying upset or the stress.

MikeMcNair

thats actually quite an easy fix. take off rotor, take off 3 screws holding chrono bridge on, (watch for spring # 430, it WILL bounce away into orbit) reset chrono heart, reassemble and test function.

ZellerFTW
thats actually quite an easy fix. take off rotor, take off 3 screws holding chrono bridge on, (watch for spring # 430, it WILL bounce away into orbit) reset chrono heart, reassemble and test function.

Depending on the outcome of my dealings with the watchsmith, I'll keep this post in mind!

However, aren't you supposed to remove the spring before removing the bridge to keep the spring from going MIA? That's what ETA has on Swisslab... Just asking!

MikeMcNair

Depending on the outcome of my dealings with the watchsmith, I'll keep this post in mind!

However, aren't you supposed to remove the spring before removing the bridge to keep the spring from going MIA? That's what ETA has on Swisslab... Just asking!

yeah, but watch out for it dude, cause its a sneaky mo fo!!!!!!