Sign in to follow this  
swissaddict

Some watches I don't wear anymore...

swissaddict

Just wanted to let my friends in the nuthouse know that I have too many watches, and there are a few that I never wear... I like them all a lot, I just rarely reach for them when I put on a watch :thumbsup2: So as pretty as they look in my watch box, I figure they ought to be worn, so I'll be making sales posts on RWI and RG in the next week or so (unless I lose my nerve and decide to keep some or all of them......) I've narrowed my least-worn watches down to 4, and thought I'd let you all know before I offer them up in proper sales threads on other boards:

Seamaster Pro ("Bond"), 41mm case, Swiss ETA! auto mov't, "water-proofed" by Andrew... pretty sure the "water-proofing" service is either nothing at all, or a standard water-resistance greasing of the seals.. either way a rip-off at $50, but hey, we were all noobs once. It's got the usual light swirls from usual wear, nothing out of the norm. There's a tiny hairline mark on the bezel insert but it's tough to see unless you're looking for it.

smp_lens.jpg

Classic 16610 Sub. 40mm case, Swiss ETA mov't, but no wokky rehaut like most "swiss" Subs. I actually got this from FM, who put in a real ETA mov't (crappy rolex logo on rotor, but so what..) and it runs perfectly. I had originally planned to mod the heck out of this (I have a watchmaterial pearl I'll include if the buyer will actually use it.. otherwise I'd rather it go to someone who will) but I never got around to any modding on this one, just lost interest over time. The bezel insert isn't nicely recessed like the BK ones, it's a bit raised actually. It's not in the same realm as those new BK / WM9 Subs (then again, those are $500+..). but date font/mag is good, overall a pretty good basic Sub rep with a real ETA mov't.

Sub_wristy2.jpg

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, 36mm case (wears larger, more like 38 or 39 due to case shape and lug structure). "ETA" auto mov't.. I put ETA in quotes because this is a newer watch, bought about 9 months ago, and I suspect it's a clone ETA. But it's the smoothest-winding rep I've ever had, no problems. It's a pretty accurate rep, actually... and a really beautiful watch. But alas, I never wear it.

AP_wrist2.jpg

Hamilton Khaki (Genuine of course.. no Hamilton reps :rolleyes: ), 38mm case, undoubtedly genuine ETA movement.. military watch based on the ones U.S. troops wore in WWII. There's a small mark on the strap that doesn't show up in the pic here, but it will if/when I take pics for a sales post. I like this watch a lot but the strap is too big for me. On the closest hole, the watch is still slightly loose on my wrist. So, since my wrist is just under 6.25" around (yeah yeah..tiny), I'd recommend this for someone with at least a 6.25 or 6.5" wrist.

khaki3.jpg

greg_r

Love the AP :thumbsup2:, but I really MUST stop buying watches for a while.... :rolleyes:

Good luck with your sales, SA - feel free to post a link to them here when you've got them listed.

jameo210369

How can you part with 4 of your babies SA, I'm calling social services, you are a sick man. ONLY KIDDING - a good clear out can help, you wil realise how much you need your watch comfort blanket and you'll be back to buying 4 more ASAP.

swissaddict

jameo I know I am sick.. and I'm sure you're right that I'll be buying others soon. I have been binging for a long time... today I purge. Soon enough I will binge again. Vicious cycle!

sconehead

Agghhh, I missed out RA... I mean SA :moose: I was pondering...he who hesitates... :lol:

swissaddict

Scone I would have saved it for you if I knew you really wanted it! Ah well.. there are plenty of other fish (watches) in the sea as they say!!

greg_r
Agghhh, I missed out RA... I mean SA :D I was pondering...he who hesitates... :)

He who hesitates still has money to spend in the pub..... :lol::beer2::beerjump::moose:

bene3

The AP looks fantastic, I am feeling tempted....