Sign in to follow this  
munidad

Can the model in the link in the Thread MM155 be made water resistant?

munidad

Hi Everybody,

I am interested in the monster MM that is sold by jasksontse in the link below.

Can it be made water resistant?

I mean enough to use in a pool or at a beach?

I have been told it has not water resistance at all so I am curious if it could be made legitimately water resistant enough to swim with and how much

work that would be.

Any help you all could give me would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.jacksontse.com/mm155.html

Also, he is in the trusted dealer list and asks for payment from Paypal with a few conditions of what to put in and not to put in the order through Paypal.

I am not ready to buy it yet, but is that the right procedure.

Take Care,

munidad :gday_mate_haveabeer:

Wiz

I don't see a reason why you couldn't make it water resitant. You need to check the crystal is correctly pressed, grease the caseback o-ring, probably add an o-ring to the crown, and maybe sand the feet of the cg down to make sure the lever sits tight on the crown.

munidad
I don't see a reason why you couldn't make it water resitant. You need to check the crystal is correctly pressed, grease the caseback o-ring, probably add an o-ring to the crown, and maybe sand the feet of the cg down to make sure the lever sits tight on the crown.

Thank you wiz,

I have never tried to do any of these things, but it sounds like a fun project and am willing to learn.

Where can I get the information on how to do all of this?

Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have the funds for the watch yet so I have some time to read and learn. :(

Take Care,

munidad :lol:

KBH

He says water resistant to 3 atmospheres. That should be enough for swimming.

As far as "a few conditions of what to put in and not to put in the order through Paypal". that's quite normal as PP is always ready to shut down replica dealer ' accounts if you put in the wrong wording.

munidad
He says water resistant to 3 atmospheres. That should be enough for swimming.

As far as "a few conditions of what to put in and not to put in the order through Paypal". that's quite normal as PP is always ready to shut down replica dealer ' accounts if you put in the wrong wording.

Thanks for the Paypal info, I did get an email before posting and this model he said is Zero water resistance.

I will look again and see if the info has changed.

Take Care,

munidad :P

munidad

I just got another email from Military Time.

The case back does have and o-ring an the crown does not so this may become a fun project once I get the funds.

I will look through the tutorials in this sections and see what sections apply.

Thanks,

munidad :Whistle:

Wiz

You'll need to get yourself a mini o-ring assortment. I've seen some on WB so I guess you can get the same assortment in the RWG shop.

You'll also need some screwdrivers to open the caseback, silicone grease to grease the o-rings, and a pair of tweezers to manipulate the o-rings.

About sanding the CG feet, you'll need anything that can remove metal. Dremel, bench grinder, files, sandpapers, ....

Why you need to do this is because the lever is probably hardly in contact with the crown, and you need to make it sits tighter on the crown in order to insure a good water resistance.

It would of course be much more faster with some rotating tools, but you can do it only by hand with files and sandpaper if you don't have any other equipment.

KBH

Or, buy a model that's actually water resistant. :Whistle:

munidad

wiz,

Thanks for the info.

I may also need to find out how to remove the crown and or stem if the crown does not come off unless the o-rings can be stretched over them.

KBH,

This is a 60mm monster of a watch and does not come in a water resistant version that I know of. :rofl:

Take Care,

munidad :D