millifoo

A PAM Homage Smartwatch? Why not!

Glaude

Yes Tizen OS offer this possibility, but this is up to the watch creator to do so (I have a Gear S3 and I have made tons of watch faces before diving into the rep world) so if the watchmaker has done a terrible job or exceeded the maximum pixel ratio for AOD you can get screen burn.

But that's a worst case scenario, usually when the watch face has an AOD mode, it's well made, in case of Facer or Watchmaker I think the app does the trick anyway. This is only a concern for a face made manually with Gear Watch Designer

Usmcxsniper

I can't tell but with the Watchmaker app, do I need to pay 3.99 for access to all these faces? Or is there a way I can get them for free?

Glaude

You can always find a way to obtain the Watchmaker pro app for free, Google is a trusty friend ;)
I think to put your own face file in Watchmaker app you need to have to pro version, but I'm not sure.

millifoo
31 minutes ago, Glaude said:

You can always find a way to obtain the Watchmaker pro app for free, Google is a trusty friend ;)
I think to put your own face file in Watchmaker app you need to have to pro version, but I'm not sure.

This is correct, you pay the $3.99 once to unlock the pro version, and  you can load  faces from any URL you give it. I've been putting my favorites in dropbox and use a shared link that I then paste into watchmaker.

mysterio

The Gear S3 is a nice watch and all (you gotta love that AOD, the Panerai watchface looks like it's always lumed), it's just not getting any wrist time for me.

mskwatch

when I started reading the first post I thought WTF and that this is gonna look quite bad, but I admit it is not that bad actually. Some folks could even believed Panerai did a smartwatch