joshjoe2

Aquanaut A2824 Review

joshjoe2

This is a really beautiful watch and also my first rep watch.  For me, personally, I prefer it to the PP Nautilus (Feel free to disagree here :D:D )The Aquanaut has a very no-nonsense and low profile watch design and the rubber strap is super nice (With a lovely Vanilla scent to boot). Clean and sporty so it goes well with a Polo shirt or even a casual suit. It should be a good fit for casual to smart/business casual occasions. 

I don't know what rep factory produced this, or what version this is, but I think it's pretty old as Josh from PC is clearing stock for this. The only difference I can spot between this and the Gen version is that the numerals in the Gen 'pop' out a little more while the engraving is also deeper. But then again I'm no expert. By the way, the gen version for this is the black dial version, there's no blue dial version. Gen Aquanaut Blue dial is the 5168G White Gold 42mm in blue rubber strap.

The only thing I really don't like about the Aquanaut is resizing the strap. It's super troublesome and if you cut the strap too short you're pretty much fucked as you will need a new one. So I cut it one or two links at a time and it took me about an hour plus to get it to fit right :rolleyes: Plus, with many people staying in countries with four seasons, this watch probably has to be worn loose for expansion during warmer seasons :facepalm:

The Gen Aquanaut uses a Patek Philippe calibre 324 SC (Movement is seriously a real masterpiece)  while this one a Clone ETA 2824. This and the black dialled version costs 169 USD (on special offer at PC) and I think it's pretty reasonable considering the movement and it's also a good quality rep.

I received my Aquanaut from Josh on the 23rd. (ordered on the 16th, shipped out on 18th). Josh's service was fantastic and really prompt in replying my questions.  Anyway, a couple of pics.  Pics really don't do justice to the watch but here goes. Will update with a couple more pics soon of the display caseback as well as a wrist shot.
Link to purchase

PP_Aquanaut.jpgAquanaut_2.jpg

McGilli

Nice review. Will wait for more photos - I'm not familiar with the strap situation you're talking about - interested to see how you cut it. Enjoy!

BadPickle

Nice write up and good pics :thumbsup: 

joshjoe2

More Pictures ->

PSFix_20171125_172408.jpg
PSFix_2017-11-25-17-21-05.jpgPSFix_2017-11-25-17-23-01.jpg

Griffo

Very nice and great review! Still tempted... 

black263
6 hours ago, joshjoe2 said:

The only difference I can spot between this and the Gen version is that the numerals in the Gen 'pop' out a little more while the engraving is also deeper. But then again I'm no expert. By the way, the gen version for this is the black dial version, there's no blue dial version. 

Link to purchase

So there is no gen that looks like this, but if there were, these would be the differences. :maggiesuck:

joshjoe2
On 11/25/2017 at 19:46, black263 said:

So there is no gen that looks like this, but if there were, these would be the differences. :maggiesuck:

Oh oops did not make myself clear enough :oops:  I meant compared to the black dial. Obviously, that means dial colour will not be able to be compared for example.  

Edited by joshjoe2

Glaude

Thank you for your review, the cool pics and all the details !
I'm more into the nautilus but I have to say, this is a very nice watch, well f*ck might as well add it on my WTB list... :D

9 hours ago, joshjoe2 said:

@McGilli Here on our sister site-> Instruction on resizing strap Surprised no one has asked how to yet on here :blink:

Thank you very interesting strap system, no future proof (loss or gain of weight, resell) but the end result when fitted is like a tailored costume.

joshjoe2
44 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Thank you for your review, the cool pics and all the details !
I'm more into the nautilus but I have to say, this is a very nice watch, well f*ck might as well add it on my WTB list... :D

Thank you very interesting strap system, no future proof (loss or gain of weight, resell) but the end result when fitted is like a tailored costume.

Yeah, exactly my wrist is also pretty small, anything above 42mm is a no-go. But then again, it looks bloody awesome on my wrist. I'm on a fitness plan right now so I will probably need to cut links soon enough, so a PITA job looks to be on the cards. 

4 hours ago, Griffo said:

Very nice and great review! Still tempted... 

Thanks for the kind words! How has your black Friday spending been doing? :lol: :lol:

6 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Nice write up and good pics :thumbsup: 

:beer2:

Edited by joshjoe2

KarmaToBurn

Thanks for the review. I've been looking at those on the PF-818 site and am still on the fence for ordering one b you've pushed me a little farther off the edge :p

McGilli
17 hours ago, joshjoe2 said:

@McGilli Here on our sister site-> Instruction on resizing strap Surprised no one has asked how to yet on here :blink:

Thanks - that was a good read. I'd seen those clasps before - but it never dawned on me that they were custom cut to fit.... No wonder they look so clean when on the wrist.

joshjoe2

@KarmaToBurn   :buttkick::giggle: 

Edited by joshjoe2

Majwilliams0308

Looks great for the price, but the date font really needs to be a bit bigger.  

vvawx

Link is down ):
Do you have any idea if I can still get it?

interzonez

Also looking to source this. It’s BP factory or V6F. The link is down. 40mm? I read another post or off forum that a blue dial has been introduced or is about to be introduced to the regular lineup. The deal you got is good. If 9.5mm? Was there a Swiss sw200 as option? Great looking watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interzonez

New PC site just located www.pc828.com

joshjoe2
On 31/12/2017 at 11:29, interzonez said:

Also looking to source this. It’s BP factory or V6F. The link is down. 40mm? I read another post or off forum that a blue dial has been introduced or is about to be introduced to the regular lineup. The deal you got is good. If 9.5mm? Was there a Swiss sw200 as option? Great looking watch!

Super Late reply (Sorry!) I see you’ve made a purchase but anyhow... So, I’m not too sure if a blue dial at 40mm will be introduced. There’s a white gold 42mm with blue strap and white numerals (5168) however but it looks very different from this rep for sure. Haven’t measured my watch but my guess from looking at it is it should be more than 9.5mm definitely, a little bit on the thick side for dress watches if you get the drift. Got it at some kind of clearance sale and I think it should have been snapped up by now, a couple of months hasn’t already gone by. 

Edited by joshjoe2

Alan24

Thanks for review! Aquanat is the best choice on PF line, very wearable piece. 

GenTLe
3 hours ago, Alan24 said:

Thanks for review! Aquanat is the best choice on PF line, very wearable piece. 

Uhm, no, there are much better choices now. Even one with fully replicated Patek movement. You're replying to a post from 2017!

Alan24

My bad. Just joined this place. Learning how it works. So which factory is leading now on Aquanat as of 2019? I have couple of original Ulysses and IWC, want to start my journey to high end replica world) 

GenTLe
1 hour ago, Alan24 said:

My bad. Just joined this place. Learning how it works. So which factory is leading now on Aquanat as of 2019? I have couple of original Ulysses and IWC, want to start my journey to high end replica world) 

If you want to stay "safe" and good enough (the best before 3KF came on market with its replicated movement), I'd reccomend ZF Aquanaut on bracelet (this model: https://www.intime05.co/patek-philippe/6618-aquanaut-5167a-ss-zf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-324cs-free-box.html). Then you can get a rubber strap (branded) from Aliexpress/DHGate and its relative butterfly closure: these are the right straps (with metal pin): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000161128771.html and this is a less good strap but it has also the butterfly deployant with PP logo on top (hard to find the deployant alone):  https://www.dhgate.com/product/jawoder-watchband-21mm-black-waterproof-diving/404355479.html

If you are sure you'll never want to put it on a bracelet, then you can just get is on rubber strap (you'll not be able to buy the bracelet later...): https://www.intime05.co/patek-philippe/5363-aquanaut-jumbo-5167a-ss-zf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-324cs-free-box.html

If you want to go "full in" with a fully replicated movement (but beware: if it will break - and I mean break, not just in need of a service as all mechanical movement need every now and then - you'll not be able to fix it as there aren't spares for it), then get this one: https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_200&products_id=20882

GingerApple

I don't see the need to go beyond the ZF which is pretty close to Gen, at a glance at least. Mine says hi.

lFxc8.jpg

• Like 1

Alan24

You folks are great! Didn't expect such detailed recommendation :dingleberry-nemesis: cheers @GenTLe
I would probably go with green on rubber ZF then, little tired of black watches want to add some colors to my collection https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_200&products_id=20755 

@TheGingerFerret yours looks very classy! I like aquanaut for being delicate and not oversized. 

For a steel bracelet I dreaming of Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph 38mm Stainless Steel Grey Dial, that's a bloody killer!

I really respect the brand but freaking 44mm is way too big for my wrist, wonder if that 38mm replica will ever be available

Thanks you folks a lot and happy to be part of this watch lovers network!