Tomrl88

Delivery issue

Tomrl88

Hello. 

So I ordered an omega as an Xmas present for the Mrs, and today went to collect it from the post office, to be greeted by an empty bag. 

Parcel force told me to contact the seller for them to contact China post, and the seller has asked me to contact parcel force. 

Any ideas on a path to go down? 

Thanks

Foxindebox

Which seller did you buy from?

Tomrl88

Thanks for your reply - I'd rather not say at this point, I don't want to give anyone a bad rep, unless it'll help get a resolution 

splke

shit luck pal :(

best bet go back to TD tell them that you been back to courier and that they cannot help. See what TD says if no joy contact a mod (marked in blue )

Good Luck

Tomrl88
1 hour ago, splke said:

shit luck pal :(

best bet go back to TD tell them that you been back to courier and that they cannot help. See what TD says if no joy contact a mod (marked in blue )

Good Luck

Shit luck indeed. 

I'll see what the TD says tomorow, and go from there. 

black263

Since you're an RWI member, why did you come here for advice?

narikaa

The worldwide convention with post

is that THE SENDER must initiate any complaint

McGilli
On 12/14/2017 at 09:28, Tomrl88 said:

Hello. 

So I ordered an omega as an Xmas present for the Mrs, and today went to collect it from the post office, to be greeted by an empty bag. 

Parcel force told me to contact the seller for them to contact China post, and the seller has asked me to contact parcel force. 

Any ideas on a path to go down? 

Thanks

So - when you were in the post office- they brought out an empty bag? They saw it was flat and empty?

Was it sealed? Ripped open? Taped up? The labels on it should have the weight indicated when it was shipped.

Or did you sign for it and leave - then realize it was empty?

There's a reason I'm asking all of these questions:

There is another thread very similar to this in the Gulag (A section here you cannot see). The more details you post, the better.

Tomrl88
On 15/12/2017 at 21:50, McGilli said:

So - when you were in the post office- they brought out an empty bag? They saw it was flat and empty?

Was it sealed? Ripped open? Taped up? The labels on it should have the weight indicated when it was shipped.

Or did you sign for it and leave - then realize it was empty?

There's a reason I'm asking all of these questions:

There is another thread very similar to this in the Gulag (A section here you cannot see). The more details you post, the better.

Thanks for your response. 

I signed for the delivery, then was issued with an empty bag which had obviously been opened. 

I then returned to the desk, and said "this is an empty bag?" They replied and said they thought it was odd when they received it and assumed it was documents. 

They gave me the details for parcel force who said I had to contact the seller for them to inturn contact their shipping company (China post). I contacted the TD who said I need to contact the UK postal service to log a complaint, which I have - and am awaiting a response. 

The TD is being very helpful at this stage, and is offering to ship a replacement, which is great. And once this replacement is received I will still insist answers from the postal service(s) as this isn't right or fair for me or the TD. 

Glaude
38 minutes ago, Tomrl88 said:

I signed for the delivery, then was issued with an empty bag which had obviously been opened. 

I then returned to the desk, and said "this is an empty bag?" They replied and said they thought it was odd when they received it and assumed it was documents. 

They gave me the details for parcel force who said I had to contact the seller for them to inturn contact their shipping company (China post). I contacted the TD who said I need to contact the UK postal service to log a complaint, which I have - and am awaiting a response. 

The TD is being very helpful at this stage, and is offering to ship a replacement, which is great. And once this replacement is received I will still insist answers from the postal service(s) as this isn't right or fair for me or the TD. 

Very good way to handle things from you and the TD.

Keep us posted if you have more infos

McGilli
1 hour ago, Tomrl88 said:

Nice! Which Admin/Mod did you talk to here? One of them is associated with Parcel Force I believe and can get this looked into better for you - Plus it would help the TD too.

Glaude
57 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Nice! Which Admin/Mod did you talk to here? One of them is associated with Parcel Force I believe and can get this looked into better for you - Plus it would help the TD too.

I don't think he involved a mod for the moment and if I remember correctly a mod/admin as a friend who has his way with Parcel Force, let’s put it this way ;) 

fatarms

Tom, you are handling this like a champ, well done.  I see reference to you being a member on RWI which may play into the experience you have when it comes to reps.   The only advice I can give at this point is not to push too hard for answers from the postal service as to why you received an empty open package.  That may prompt them to ask what was in it and then investigate where it came from originally, etc..  This may trace back to the TD and have them investigate further packages from them.  Highly unlikely, but this stuff happens unfortunately (seems like you are aware of this though :) )

You've done everything correctly and have taken it in stride, this hobby has risks and you've assumed them.  Your TD is willing to send a replacement which is fantastic and a testament to their service.  Lodging a complaint and saying that the postal service provided you with an opened package that was empty should be enough.  Hopefully round 2 goes well for you.

Welcome to RWG!

Tomrl88

Thanks for all the replies and support. Good to know I'm taking the right course of action. 

I haven't contacted a MOD as yet - and hopefully won't need to. 

Hopefully it'll get resolved the right way, the TD will get an excellent review, and I can sare some pictures with you all of a nice rep. 

I'll update this post with the outcome. 

On 15/12/2017 at 21:50, McGilli said:

BadPickle
On 15/12/2017 at 19:20, black263 said:

Since you're an RWI member, why did you come here for advice?

I’m guessing the dealer is trusted here but not there.... 

black263
2 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

I’m guessing the dealer is trusted here but not there.... 

So is he an RWI member, or not.  Could it be a facetious assumption I'd made, since he's been a member here for over two years, but posted this question in the RWI Clubroom.  And then it turns out, there is no real question after all, as he's in contact with the TD, and the TD seems to have made a generous offer to replace the missing item.

BadPickle
5 hours ago, black263 said:

So is he an RWI member, or not.  Could it be a facetious assumption I'd made, since he's been a member here for over two years, but posted this question in the RWI Clubroom.  And then it turns out, there is no real question after all, as he's in contact with the TD, and the TD seems to have made a generous offer to replace the missing item.

Oh, so what are we blathering in about then?  :brightlight:

yllekp
On 12/17/2017 at 11:13, Tomrl88 said:

Thanks for all the replies and support. Good to know I'm taking the right course of action. 

I haven't contacted a MOD as yet - and hopefully won't need to. 

Hopefully it'll get resolved the right way, the TD will get an excellent review, and I can sare some pictures with you all of a nice rep. 

I'll update this post with the outcome. 

No need to contact a RWI mod lol. Most of the many issues can get resolved with the TD without mod intervention once people remain polite and do not loose the head and call the TD a scammer. Besides I can assure you the RWI mods can do damn all at the moment to help anyone :( You and the TD handled this very well. 

Unfortunately couriers take on extra staff especially at holiday times. Things go missing, things get stolen. Hopefully this one works out all good and you enjoy the hobby.

Tomrl88

Good news!  

The replacement was received today, Steve at the one watch has been very helpful,  albeit abit peeved to have had to send two watches out. 

But a very nice watch received. 

I'm still conversing with parcel force who are doing a sterling job at passing the buck!