Slash

Help!!! Seamaster 300m replica?

Slash

Hi guys. So I’m official a noob when it comes to watches and have been reading up on some stuff you guys have given me. I am glad to of been made very welcome. I do apologise if I am posting this in the wrong place (I’m sure with time and your advice I’ll no where to post). But I was wondering do they still make a replica of the omega seamaster 300m, like the ones that Pierce Brosnan’s version of 007 wears in his outing as James Bond. If so what is the best version and what movement the go for? Any advice, tips and general help would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Slash 

k4jun

No they don't do any longer the decent replicas of pre ceramic SMP diver 300m.

And all DHGate reps are crap. 

You may be lucky in finding an old rep in M2M.

Slash

@k4jun. Thanks for the reply, it’s really much appreciated. I’m really disappointed to hear they don’t make that version of the 300m seamaster anymore. And here’s a real noob question, but what’s m2m? 

Thanks again,

Slash

m2m is the sales section of a forum where you can buy from other members. the old seamasters definitely show up from time to time

Slash

@2447 Thanks, buddy. Much appreciated 

Kernow

You maybe able to see M2M now. If not a few more posts and you’ll be able to. 

The ceramic Seamasters are very nicely made. However if you’re looking the best pre-ceramic Seamaster Pro then a closed factory one is what you’re after as the Helium escape valve (HeV) is in the correct place. They do come up on occasion in M2M so keep looking. Alternatively, a bit more research and you could look to have a Franken/custom made using the new ceramic case with some older parts. 

k4jun

@2fake4u have you ever tried to franken CrSMP from MKF? I think it may be a solid base, though I didn't try any gen parts yet.

Slash

@Kernow Is this any particular Franken builders you recommend, or would I be better of doing it myself? 

britain4

This is true, the MKF case is fantastic, can’t recall whether it’s better than a closed fac but IMO it’s definitely more than close enough

Don’t know about gen part fitment however, I do know @2fake4u has bought one with the intention of frankening so would be interesting to follow the progress of that 

Current Bond SMP reps aren’t up to much sadly, and as already said your best bet might be to keep an eye out in M2M for an older one or a franken.

Edited by britain4

Slash

I certainly will keep my out. But it’s ok I can move straight in to the Skyfall planet ocean rep 

Kernow
46 minutes ago, Slash said:

@Kernow Is this any particular Franken builders you recommend, or would I be better of doing it myself? 

There are builders on this forum who are good. It depends where you are. My builder is EU but is not on this forum. 

Darklite69

Mkf cr smp is a good base. Gen bezel and crystal fit no problem. I know because I have have done it. 

k4jun
55 minutes ago, Darklite69 said:

Mkf cr smp is a good base. Gen bezel and crystal fit no problem. I know because I have have done it. 

Cool. Do you remember the dimensions of the gen xtal?

I do have Taka x2 xtal in BP CrSMP and I am curius whould it fit MKF.

britain4
58 minutes ago, Darklite69 said:

Sweet!

40du

another newbie here: which kind of movement do you recommend?

k4jun

For SMP?
Asian 2824 clone.

2fake4u

6 hours ago, k4jun said:

@2fake4u have you ever tried to franken CrSMP from MKF? I think it may be a solid base, though I didn't try any gen parts yet.

It's near impossible to find the ceramic parts and when you do, the price is outrageous

5 hours ago, britain4 said:

This is true, the MKF case is fantastic, can’t recall whether it’s better than a closed fac but IMO it’s definitely more than close enough

Don’t know about gen part fitment however, I do know @2fake4u has bought one with the intention of frankening so would be interesting to follow the progress of that 

Current Bond SMP reps aren’t up to much sadly, and as already said your best bet might be to keep an eye out in M2M for an older one or a franken.

Ill be turning that one into a 2531. The blue wave dial

britain4
39 minutes ago, 2fake4u said:

It's near impossible to find the ceramic parts and when you do, the price is outrageous

Yeah that’s what I meant - I have seen ceramic frankens before but like you say parts are through the roof

if the 2531 parts fit the MKF 100% I might have to pick one up

They had gen new ceramic bezels on eBay a while ago for £400, that + an MK + Prof crystal would have been a heck of a thing

Edited by britain4

Slash

Here’s a another noob question. Why do I find an MKF watch’s and what does that stand for. 

BadPickle

I think Ryan can get them 

2fake4u
37 minutes ago, britain4 said:

Yeah that’s what I meant - I have seen ceramic frankens before but like you say parts are through the roof

if the 2531 parts fit the MKF 100% I might have to pick one up

They had gen new ceramic bezels on eBay a while ago for £400, that + an MK + Prof crystal would have been a heck of a thing

It should

k4jun
1 hour ago, 2fake4u said:

Yes, I mean frankening mkf into pre-ceramic smp, as per you post I guess it possible. Which gen parts have you successfully installed?

28 minutes ago, Slash said:

Here’s a another noob question. Why do I find an MKF watch’s and what does that stand for. 

Mkf is the name of the Chinese maker. You can get this watch from any of the Trusted Dealer.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/60-rwgs-trusted-dealers/

2fake4u
6 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Yes, I mean frankening mkf into pre-ceramic smp, as per you post I guess it possible. Which gen parts have you successfully installed?

Mkf is the name of the Chinese maker. You can get this watch from any of the Trusted Dealer.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/60-rwgs-trusted-dealers/

Ill know more once it shows up.  I have gen movement, dial, bezel, xtal, hands, crown for it.

If its anything like the other SMP cases through the years, bezel will fit with little to no modification and dial/movement should be no problem.

k4jun
1 minute ago, 2fake4u said:

Ill know more once it shows up.  I have gen movement, dial, bezel, xtal, hands, crown for it.

If its anything like the other SMP cases through the years, bezel will fit with little to no modification and dial/movement should be no problem.

I am in the same position - mkf and a bunch of gen parts in mail, so fingers crossed they do match.

bora12
19 hours ago, Slash said:

Hi guys. So I’m official a noob when it comes to watches and have been reading up on some stuff you guys have given me. I am glad to of been made very welcome. I do apologise if I am posting this in the wrong place (I’m sure with time and your advice I’ll no where to post). But I was wondering do they still make a replica of the omega seamaster 300m, like the ones that Pierce Brosnan’s version of 007 wears in his outing as James Bond. If so what is the best version and what movement the go for? Any advice, tips and general help would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Slash 

I am currently working on a franken project for this. Honestly, it is not THAT expensive.

Here is what I have learned

Use a DH gate 21j shitty rep case ($75)

Replace 21j movement with a 2836 ($40-75)

Gen bezel and insert ($50), Gen Dial ($100+), Gen crystal (50$+), Gen Hands ($30), Gen Crown and Tube (~$50+), Gen Datewheel ($25)

You can make your own with a ton of gen parts for the price of a high quality rep :)